Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Point cheating
Old
bigboy_j

Default Point cheating - 12-01-2006, 07:58 PM

I need help please. I am making a game for a class project and have ran into a problem. I have only been using alice for two weeks( the class is for ada but shes now showing us alice) so I dont have a lot of knowledge. My game is called wack-a-teacher and its designed like the arcade game "wack-a-mole". I have the game set up, I have the teachers moving, point score with every hit, points adding together for score, but the player can cheat. The player can hit the teacher more than once before it falls back down. I need to know if there is some way to keep the player from clicking on the teacher more than once, until it come up again. I am attaching the game
Attached Files
File Type: a2w wackateacher.a2w (1.13 MB, 379 views)

Old
bigboy_j

Default 12-02-2006, 12:55 AM

Does nobody know how to help me??? Or does no one know what I'm needing? If so feel free to ask and I'll try to explain better. Please someone help me. This project is due tuesday. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Old
bigboy_j

Default 12-02-2006, 02:04 AM

I have updated the game but still have not figured out how to fix the problem. Here is the new version.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w wackateacher.a2w (1.15 MB, 381 views)

Suggestion and comment.
Old
DrJim

Default Suggestion and comment. - 12-02-2006, 10:24 AM

Haven't looked at your code so not sure this will work - but something like it should.

You need to set a world level variable to control whether or not an action occurs and test it before you start the action. In the attached code, world.spin controls whether or not the ball spins. If you disable the "set to false" command in toyBall1.spinBall, you can spin the ball as many times as you can click on it - if the command is enabled you can only spin it once per hop.

General Comment: I'm glad to give hints like this (but not to write your code - you didn't ask but some have) if I know the answer - but some of the things being posted recently do not have obvious solutions. Before you start you projects, you should have a rough idea that the goal is obtainable - you won't always guess right but you should try.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w SpinBall.a2w (195.6 KB, 396 views)

Old
bigboy_j

Default 12-03-2006, 01:47 AM

Thank you so much for your help. That hint helped me figure out what to do. My games works great now. Actually a hint was all I was wanting, I don't like using other peoples work. Thanks again.