Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Still saving 20 minutes later
Old
TauTrumpsPi
Senior Member
 
TauTrumpsPi's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The diamond layer
Default Still saving 20 minutes later - 12-18-2011, 05:04 PM

Hey guys

I started saving my world, forgetting that I added a 40 mb sound file that I wasn't even using, and not deleting it. Now, 20 minutes later, it is still saving, stuck on that sound file. It doesn't appear to be frozen. Should I just wait, or restore from my backup an hour ago?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wondering about my Avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Wondering about my username?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ
   
Reply With Quote
Old
TauTrumpsPi
Senior Member
 
TauTrumpsPi's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The diamond layer
Default 12-18-2011, 05:11 PM

I feel like a stalker: Arty, I saw that you were on, looked at your profile, then saw that you were viewing this thread. You'll probably see this after you post. Meanwhile, I keep refreshing to make sure your still viewing and you haven't posted yet


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wondering about my Avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Wondering about my username?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ
   
Reply With Quote
Old
TauTrumpsPi
Senior Member
 
TauTrumpsPi's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 399
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The diamond layer
Default 12-18-2011, 05:24 PM

Never mind it finished.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have plenty of common sense. I just choose to ignore it.
-Calvin and Hobbes

Wondering about my Avatar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrade

Wondering about my username?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7vhMMXagQ
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default 12-18-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TauTrumpsPi View Post
I feel like a stalker: Arty, I saw that you were on, looked at your profile, then saw that you were viewing this thread. You'll probably see this after you post. Meanwhile, I keep refreshing to make sure your still viewing and you haven't posted yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauTrumpsPi View Post
Never mind it finished.
I got distracted.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
Mr Kidnapper
Senior Member
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 442
Join Date: Feb 2011
Default 12-18-2011, 06:37 PM

Large single files take very long times to save in Alice. This is evident when I created the Ocean template world, with the 12MB skydome. If you want to add 5MB+ files into Alice, you should create a very small dummy file in place of the real file and then save. After saving, open the world file as a .ZIP and replace it with the large file. Saving outside of Alice should take you no longer than a few seconds, even with Best Compression on.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
arty-fishL
Senior Member
 
arty-fishL's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,878
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the corner of your eye
Default 12-18-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kidnapper View Post
Large single files take very long times to save in Alice. This is evident when I created the Ocean template world, with the 12MB skydome. If you want to add 5MB+ files into Alice, you should create a very small dummy file in place of the real file and then save. After saving, open the world file as a .ZIP and replace it with the large file. Saving outside of Alice should take you no longer than a few seconds, even with Best Compression on.
What a good idea. Seems you know a lot about the a2w files.


█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [-]
   
Reply With Quote
Old
jediaction
Senior Member
 
jediaction's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,063
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Default 12-18-2011, 09:03 PM

The way it says what thread your viewing is lagged. I had that happen to, but that person didn't comment until days later..but whatever, moving back to the normal subject.


Website: www.salokingames.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames
   
Reply With Quote
Old
dakota95
Senior Member
 
dakota95's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 426
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: like I would tell you. ;)
Default 12-19-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
The way it says what thread your viewing is lagged. I had that happen to, but that person didn't comment until days later..but whatever, moving back to the normal subject.

back to what you said, it is only lagged by 10 - 30 seconds. I've played around with my own account and noticed that it does lag quite a bit, but several days? That's not lag, that is telling the future.

now back to the main subject.......


<Insert_Signature_Here>
   
Reply With Quote
Old
jediaction
Senior Member
 
jediaction's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,063
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Default 12-19-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota95 View Post
back to what you said, it is only lagged by 10 - 30 seconds. I've played around with my own account and noticed that it does lag quite a bit, but several days? That's not lag, that is telling the future.

now back to the main subject.......
No no, not days, but several minutes....ok, now back to the main subject.


Website: www.salokingames.com
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2017, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.