Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Requesting a rifle model
Old
Freaky

Default Requesting a rifle model - 06-25-2007, 06:23 AM

Im doing a Alice project at sch and my team selected defense as our theme.We're doing a war scene but we need a rifle. We can't use the revolver only since in real wars rifle are also used. Plz make me 1 model. thanks. nid it by 27 june, so we can finish the whole thing. :P

ps. y can't alice import wavepoint 3d obj? I have some wavepoint obj rifle models but they can't be used.

Old
lanceA

Default 06-26-2007, 06:20 PM

I can't help you with the rifle-model but why not try and end the war and bloodshed with every one giving high-fives.

Now THAT would be a novel approach to ending wars and your teacher would probably take that into consideration when grading your project.

Good luck,

Last edited by lanceA; 06-26-2007 at 06:21 PM. Reason: corrected misspelling

Old
Freaky

Default 06-27-2007, 02:50 AM

High Fives? they fighting a war! not making friends -.- k anyway thx for ur "opinion"

Old
zenteo

Default 07-18-2007, 06:04 PM

wavepoint or wavefront?
If it`s a wavefront object, then i can convert it to alice objects!
  Send a message via MSN to zenteo  
Old
The Computer Wizard

Default 07-18-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post
I can't help you with the rifle-model but why not try and end the war and bloodshed with every one giving high-fives.

Now THAT would be a novel approach to ending wars and your teacher would probably take that into consideration when grading your project.

Good luck,

Arrgh, I take the opposite opinion. Rifles are passe, why don't we create a nuke object, and just get the battle over with. There would be no bloodshed. In all reality, I am messing around with objects being "set as vehicles" and am frankly finding it awesome. You might be able to create a rifle by manipulating other objects to resemble it, a bunch of small tubes for a barrel that are colored grey, a brown triangle for a stock, etc, and setting them all as vehicles of each other so as to stay together. Won't be perfect, but I doubt you are using Alice because you are an advanced graphics design artist. Hope you can get something to work.

Old
PopnTheDeerInHumanForm

Red face 09-01-2007, 10:01 AM

You can Probably Make the nuclear Strike rom Worms 3D also the war ambience music is good

Old
dotcj2

Default 07-26-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceA View Post

Good luck,
Haha! Tht would be cool.
I would like to see tht lolz.

Old
intrepidaversion

Default 08-07-2008, 05:08 PM

I don't know about rifles, but I personally like putting balls of fire inside tanks and airplanes, and then firing them on other objects, usually making them expand upon impact. it's a pretty cool effect if done right.

Old
DrJim

Default 08-08-2008, 07:54 AM

I'm a little surprised that this thread keeps going but that no one has actually covered the initial question. I also suggest doing a search of the forum or just browsing the rest of the "Share Objects" thread.

Re a rifle in particular, I posted one many months ago at http://www.alice.org/community/showt...ighlight=rifle . Not the greatest - I didn't bother to reset the origin before I imported it - but other than that it looks pretty good.

To fix the origin problem, just add a simple shape as an object's vehicle, as illustrated in the attached world. This is something you're going to have to do anyway if you want to mix imported and Alice characters.

I believe the original for this was an .obj model. I modified it a bit in either Anim8or or Wings 3D and converted it to .ase format using Biturn - references for all are posted in the forum. 4DBlue will also give good .ase models and I'm told that the current Blender .ase export script works, though I haven't tried it. Finally, be aware that - for many reasons including size, scale and surface normal definition - many of the posted models simply won't import correctly into Alice (or many other programs).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rifle.jpg (13.8 KB, 507 views)
Attached Files
File Type: a2w rifle.a2w (346.8 KB, 248 views)

Download rifle model here
Old
fusebulb

Default Download rifle model here - 02-02-2009, 11:54 AM

download free rifle model here

http://free3dmodelsandtextures.blogspot.com/