Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Dance Dance Revolution
Old
Ping

Default Dance Dance Revolution - 09-22-2007, 01:37 AM

Dance Dance Revolution.
Based on the notoriously famous arcade game that all us hen toed-two left footed computer programmers probably suck at. Anyways here is a user friendly keyboard version to be lazy and enjoy the DDR experience at the same time.

***SUGGESTION PLAY YOUR OWN MUSIC WHILE DDR'ing IT UP***

And I hope you like it, this is my first *major program*, I'm only on chapter 3 of the book. but i have taken other CS classes.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w DDR.a2w (580.8 KB, 907 views)

Last edited by Ping; 09-22-2007 at 08:51 PM.

Old
MattM

Default 09-22-2007, 10:20 AM

You should probably post a description of what the world is, I know it is pretty self-explanatory from the name; but still its a good habit.

Old
lanceA

Default 09-22-2007, 02:51 PM

And ALWAYS be carefull not to violate music copyright laws!

Last edited by lanceA; 09-22-2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: typo

Old
lanceA

Default 09-22-2007, 06:39 PM

I am not being critical of you - it is a cool program. But regardless of where you downloaded it from, you or your parents, can still be sued for copyright infringement.

Good luck in your next project !

Old
lanceA

Default 09-22-2007, 07:14 PM

Continue to post copy-righted material in this forum, and you might have problems friend.

Old
lanceA

Default 09-22-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
Also, since i have 2 years of law school under my belt i will fill you in on a secret. there is such a thing in the copyright world known as The "fair use" exemption. This exemption was made towards the united states' copyright law and was created to allow things like commentaries, parodies, news, and education to implement copyrighted works without the permission of the person who copyrighted them. Basically... what it means is that you have the right to express your works as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else's rights not to see your works, and i believe you were the one that chose to download my program. Not me choosing you to download it.

I'm going to stop here before this argument escalates into something i doubt either of us want, but thank you for your kind remark earlier about my program, and as i said i will watch out for copyright infringement in the future.

Then I am sure you are familiar with Diamond v. Deihr, Supreme Court. I would continue to ask that you do NOT post material that is not yours.

I continue to like your program....but perhaps you may wish to change the music.

Old
lanceA

Default 09-22-2007, 08:09 PM

Being a 2nd year law student I'm sure you have access to this but just in case:

westlaw.com - The GREATEST legal minds use it! ...perhaps you should also.

Call it what you wish but you are still breaking the law... something I am trying to teach my students NOT to do!! Help me and please remove the post.

Thank you,

Last edited by lanceA; 09-22-2007 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Clarification

Old
ChyTheTasmanianTiger

Default 09-22-2007, 08:40 PM

Not a Fun Guy, Are You lanceA
Oh and if you want to know... The Image is RESPECTFULLY From Team17

Last edited by ChyTheTasmanianTiger; 09-22-2007 at 08:42 PM.

Old
MattM

Default 09-22-2007, 11:11 PM

He (lanceA) does have a point however, and not only is he (Ping) putting himself at risk, but he (Ping) is also putting the Alice community forums at risk.

Gabe, these messages don't seem to be in proper order
Old
DickBaldwin

Default Gabe, these messages don't seem to be in proper order - 09-22-2007, 11:33 PM

Gabe,

I have no intention on weighing in on this copyright debate, but this series of several messages in a short period of time does seem to verify something that someone posted a few days ago regarding potential corruption in the forum database.

There seems to be something wrong with the order of these messages, at least as they are being displayed on my computer. I am seeing five consecutive messages posted by LanceA. The text of those messages, and the text quoted in those messages would lead one to believe that there were intervening messages posted by someone else (probably Ping). However, although I see an original message from Ping, and a later message from Ping, the messages from Ping in between LanceA's messages seem to be missing. It is as though LanceA is having a telephone conversation in close proximity to my office. I can hear him, but I can't hear the person he is talking to.