Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Questions and Comments (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Help (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7417)

aliceisgay 10-18-2011 05:35 PM

Help

I need lots of help making a chess game, need to somehow make peices that can only move a certain way , is this possible?

DensetsuNoKaboom 10-18-2011 07:35 PM

[QUOTE=aliceisgay;42551]I need lots of help making a chess game, need to somehow make peices that can only move a certain way , is this possible?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[SIZE="1"]Get rid of that username and location. It's for your own good.[/SIZE]

x2495iiii 10-18-2011 07:37 PM

[QUOTE=DensetsuNoKaboom;42558]Yes.

[SIZE="1"]Get rid of that username and location. It's for your own good.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

That.

Also, funny stuff, DnK.

DensetsuNoKaboom 10-18-2011 07:39 PM

I couldn't resist saying that.

Have you tried doing the world yourself? If so, and it's failed, upload your world, and we'll check it out. If not, DO IT NOW.

aliceisgay 10-19-2011 03:56 PM

[QUOTE=DensetsuNoKaboom;42562]I couldn't resist saying that.

Have you tried doing the world yourself? If so, and it's failed, upload your world, and we'll check it out. If not, DO IT NOW.[/QUOTE]

I just need help with the coding for making the pieces only move a certain way.

AND i love my name:D

x2495iiii 10-19-2011 04:28 PM

Exactly what aspect of the coding do you need help with? There's a lot of stuff involved in making a chess game, it can't just be broken down into a few simple steps like Easy Mac.

Why don't you start by making a world with a chessboard and some chess piece models. If you can't find chess piece models, use some of the other models in the gallery (I think monster chess could be cool). Then, when the physical aspect's done, work on the control scheme (HINT: You'll need an event, the blue things on the top-right of the screen).

Also I don't think users can change their names. Admins might be able to, but I certainly can't. I can ban guys with offensive usernames, though.

Like yours.

aliceisgay 10-19-2011 06:02 PM

Im talking about like making the pawns only move 1 space, knights can only move in an L shape, likewise.

And i didnt make this account my friend made it and gave it to me,so.........

InsertName 10-19-2011 07:30 PM

Making a chess program is imensly hard to do if you want to make a function in one with all the rules. Especially a checkmate detector. In fact if sombody made a computer that could accually play and checkmate. They sould earn the nobel peace prize or somthing.

But just making a board where you can move the peices and take a peice should not be to difficult.

x2495iiii 10-19-2011 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=aliceisgay;42593]Im talking about like making the pawns only move 1 space, knights can only move in an L shape, likewise.

And i didnt make this account my friend made it and gave it to me,so.........[/QUOTE]

Like I said, you'll need an event.

I suggest using a "when the mouse is clicked" event, then passing the object under the mouse cursor in as an object parameter, then using a method to determine what piece was clicked, where that piece is, and from there, what moves can be made using that piece.

They key is that you need to know what piece was clicked and where that piece is first before you can know where the piece can be moved.

Can you do that?

And friend's account or not, your name is still a violation of the Terms of Use of the forums and will be banned, I just don't want to do that until you've got the help you need.

aliceisgay 10-31-2011 10:34 AM

PS.
I never got banned:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D