Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Questions and Comments (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Can't download worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=11752)

sometimes618 07-18-2017 12:39 PM

Can't download worlds

I've tried downloading some of the Alice world files on the forums, but every time I try, I just get a 1x1 blank white image. (It doesn't download said image, it just appears on my browser window.) Is this happening to anyone else? :confused:

chickentree 07-18-2017 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=sometimes618;57590]I've tried downloading some of the Alice world files on the forums, but every time I try, I just get a 1x1 blank white image. (It doesn't download said image, it just appears on my browser window.) Is this happening to anyone else? :confused:[/QUOTE]

A little information might go a long way. What OS are you using? Can you post one of the links you tried to download? How did you try to download it?

Mark

sometimes618 07-18-2017 03:00 PM

[QUOTE=chickentree;57591]A little information might go a long way. What OS are you using? Can you post one of the links you tried to download? How did you try to download it?

Mark[/QUOTE]

I use Windows 10, although that might not be what you mean by OS. I don't think I can really post the links, but one of the worlds I tried to download was Alice Clash v0.3, which is a really old (come to think of it, that might be the problem. I'll try downloading a newer world after I post this.) world in the Alice 2 Works in Progress forum. I just clicked on the link it provided, but no luck.
EDIT: I tried downloading the TARDIS dematerialization world, a world made in December 2016, but the same result popped up, so the age may not be a problem.

MrMoke 07-18-2017 07:07 PM

I tried three different browsers, and they would either show a blank screen (IE7 and Edge), or a black screen (Chrome).

Looks more like a server problem, or possibly a security issue.

Kyber88 01-16-2018 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=MrMoke;57594]I tried three different browsers, and they would either show a blank screen (IE7 and Edge), or a black screen (Chrome).

Looks more like a server problem, or possibly a security issue.[/QUOTE]

I cant download a tardis world and i'm using chrome and windows 10 84 bit.

when will this be fixed!

sometimes618 01-16-2018 01:50 PM

[QUOTE=Kyber88;57812]I cant download a tardis world and i'm using chrome and windows 10 84 bit.

when will this be fixed![/QUOTE]

I actually did talk to the Alice team a little while back, and they did say they fixed this issue. After examination, it seems that [I]most[/I] worlds are downloadable now, but I have noticed some exceptions such as the TARDIS world you mentioned and a Donkey Kong model.

If you try downloading other Alice worlds/models on the forum, they'll work though.