Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   How do I...? (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   need FPS help fast!!! :confused: (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7510)

deathsniper127 11-05-2011 01:19 PM

need FPS help fast!!! :confused:

Hey guys I have a world set for shooting, aiming, etc. Does anyone know how to make a zombie dissapear if like for example load my world and i see a zombie i wanna shoot i move the scope till the red dot it is on the zombie how do i make it so when i shoot(with out bullets) the zombie dissapears?

sfunk 11-05-2011 01:26 PM

There are many ways on how to do it, use the search tool on these forums to look up fps engines or look at other peoples games, I actually use a technique of using a long cyclinder and if the enemy/target is touching said cyclinder its able to be shot

Centuri0n 11-05-2011 01:38 PM

Bullet/Hitpoints

The way I made hp in my fps was using a bullet and if/then functions.

You can hide a cone inside the weapon and have if shoot, say when [space] is pressed.

make it move forward say 300 m and then back 300 m in 0 seconds.

Now for the hp.

Set a function for the cone. If cone is within, say, 2 meters. then Zombie color= red. Then If Zombie color= red then (now insert another if/then) If cone is witin 2meters, then Zombie is showing=false.

Leave all elses empty

deathsniper127 11-05-2011 01:42 PM

[QUOTE=sfunk;43024]There are many ways on how to do it, use the search tool on these forums to look up fps engines or look at other peoples games, I actually use a technique of using a long cyclinder and if the enemy/target is touching said cyclinder its able to be shot[/QUOTE]

Umm how would you do that i don't really understand what you said and sorry i just started using Alice 10 weeks ago so i don't really know much.

deathsniper127 11-05-2011 01:44 PM

[QUOTE=Centuri0n;43025]The way I made hp in my fps was using a bullet and if/then functions.

You can hide a cone inside the weapon and have if shoot, say when [space] is pressed.

make it move forward say 300 m and then back 300 m in 0 seconds.

Leave all elses empty[/QUOTE]

Okayy well if you move it back 300 m when your moving then its not gonna be able to shoot like that

Centuri0n 11-05-2011 01:46 PM

Youre right

[QUOTE=deathsniper127;43027]Okayy well if you move it back 300 m when your moving then its not gonna be able to shoot like that[/QUOTE]

Ya, sorry glad you caught that. If you set bullet vehicle to gun it should work, thats what I have happening on mine

deathsniper127 11-05-2011 01:55 PM

Okay ill try that right now and see if it works

im gonna try it now to see if it works:D

Centuri0n 11-05-2011 02:07 PM

It should, post again if it doesnt:eek:

Powerhouse64 11-05-2011 02:32 PM

[QUOTE=deathsniper127;43026]Umm how would you do that i don't really understand what you said and sorry i just started using Alice 10 weeks ago so i don't really know much.[/QUOTE]

What he means is, put a long, invisible cylinder in your gun's barrel that extends quite far out, then when the mouse clicks, have an if/else statement run a method that is something along the lines of "If [target] is within [threshold] of [cylinder] then --> [whatever method you want for killing the target] else --> [do nothing or whatever you want]

Hope this helps!

deathsniper127 11-05-2011 02:58 PM

[QUOTE=Powerhouse64;43035]What he means is, put a long, invisible cylinder in your gun's barrel that extends quite far out, then when the mouse clicks, have an if/else statement run a method that is something along the lines of "If [target] is within [threshold] of [cylinder] then --> [whatever method you want for killing the target] else --> [do nothing or whatever you want]

Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I DID THIS AND IT WORKS :D!!!!

also centuri0n thanks this works but can you make multiple bullets(spheres) shoot?