Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   online game? (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4655)

Dameria 02-03-2011 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;30871]Wait a minute....I use Java SCript but I'm no expert. Alice is javascript, people make online games with java script in Unity 3D. Cant you use the same programming techniques in alice??[/QUOTE]

Alice is not Javascript, it is Java and Python, mostly Java. Java is very different from Javascript, so no, you can't use the same methods in Javascript that you can in Java.

jediaction 02-03-2011 03:39 PM

well.....Java script is similar, I do the coding and Java in Alice is quite the same

arty-fishL 02-03-2011 06:17 PM

Well, the question was can you, the answer is yes, but that doesnt mean you should. You can easily translate from javascript and implement it other ways, just as you can easily translate java to jython. An online game is very possible using both python and java methods, its just not that plausible. There are barriers to be tackled first - security issues, popularity (will anyone actually be online to play), lag, errors, hackers, filesize issues, firewalls. Also there are few people on the forums who know how to do this and I dont know anyone who can be bothered, I for one am too busy.

jediaction 03-29-2011 06:46 AM

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;30896]Well, the question was can you, the answer is yes, but that doesnt mean you should. You can easily translate from javascript and implement it other ways, just as you can easily translate java to jython. An online game is very possible using both python and java methods, its just not that plausible. There are barriers to be tackled first - security issues, popularity (will anyone actually be online to play), lag, errors, hackers, filesize issues, firewalls. Also there are few people on the forums who know how to do this and I dont know anyone who can be bothered, I for one am too busy.[/QUOTE]

Ok. But I am doing Visual Basic now...but its still pretty new. You can do online in there right?

AliceMaster00 11-08-2011 05:59 PM

[QUOTE=beachbum111111;27379]how do i make it so that the camera and gun follow the mouse when it moves???[/QUOTE]

All u have to do is make a method called foward then follow these instructions, "camera move foward 0.1 meters duration 0.01 seconds" that should make the camera move foward, jst repeat for left, right, and bacward and u should be good. P.S How do u post worlds on forums. ._.

AliceMaster00 11-08-2011 06:12 PM

what do u mean by jumping? If its collisions then I can help but if its w/ gravity thenur screwed cauz i havent seen the game. Oh and if u want to make a online multiplayer game then u need Jython and a secure ftp server, I have made a online game I just didnt post it. The internet is wireless so I u wanted to play it online you'd have to be around my area.

AliceMaster00 11-08-2011 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=beachbum111111;27379]how do i make it so that the camera and gun follow the mouse when it moves???[/QUOTE]

U set the gun vehicle in prperties to the cam.

AliceMaster00 11-08-2011 06:38 PM

[quote=beachbum111111;27561]who here is making a cool game?[/quote]

i am!

jediaction 11-09-2011 09:32 AM

AliceMaster, you can avoid Quad-Posts by selecting the quote message, then Copying it with "Control C" and pasting it "Control V" in one message instead of 4. This is because it can get rather annoying when someone posts 4 times in a row. Example...

[QUOTE=AliceMaster00;43223]All u have to do is make a method called foward then follow these instructions, "camera move foward 0.1 meters duration 0.01 seconds" that should make the camera move foward, jst repeat for left, right, and bacward and u should be good. P.S How do u post worlds on forums. ._.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AliceMaster00;43225]what do u mean by jumping? If its collisions then I can help but if its w/ gravity thenur screwed cauz i havent seen the game. Oh and if u want to make a online multiplayer game then u need Jython and a secure ftp server, I have made a online game I just didnt post it. The internet is wireless so I u wanted to play it online you'd have to be around my area.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AliceMaster00;43228]U set the gun vehicle in prperties to the cam.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AliceMaster00;43229]i am![/QUOTE]

arty-fishL 11-09-2011 12:23 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;43253]AliceMaster, you can avoid Quad-Posts by selecting the quote message, then Copying it with "Control C" and pasting it "Control V" in one message instead of 4. This is because it can get rather annoying when someone posts 4 times in a row. Example...[/QUOTE]That's a rather long winded way, cant you just use the multi-quote feature? Just click the multi-quote button on the first three posts and the quote button on the final one and it will have 4 quotes there ready for you. You can even do this across different threads.