Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Works-In-Progress (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New FPS (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4788)

debussybunny563 08-27-2010 02:46 PM

Good Idea!

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=jediaction;24643]OOh. doo AA12. Automatic Shotgun. That will be cool[/QUOTE]

AAHHH! THE AA-12! YES! I'LL DEFINITELY ADD IT!

That is, if someone could get me the object.
I can't convert. :(

AA-12 is amazing. It'd have been one of the first weapons I would add, but sadly my gallery is limited.

I think I've pretty much used all the guns I can use (has to be reasonably high-quality), so if you want to see a certain weapon, you'll probably have to provide it yourself. :p
[/SIZE]

jediaction 08-28-2010 08:17 AM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;24659]

[SIZE=2]AAHHH! THE AA-12! YES! I'LL DEFINITELY ADD IT![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]That is, if someone could get me the object.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I can't convert. :([/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]AA-12 is amazing. It'd have been one of the first weapons I would add, but sadly my gallery is limited.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I think I've pretty much used all the guns I can use (has to be reasonably high-quality), so if you want to see a certain weapon, you'll probably have to provide it yourself. :p[/SIZE]
[/QUOTE]

Didnt i just post like 300 weapons on the "post all your objects here" thread. If you didnt see it. I posted all of my objects...99%

debussybunny563 08-28-2010 08:24 AM

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=jediaction;24677]Didnt i just post like 300 weapons on the "post all yoru objects here" thread. If you didnt see it. I posted all of my objects...99%[/QUOTE]

Uh, I'm pretty sure the AA-12 isn't in there.

Also, many of the weapons there are grouped with hands and have weird pivot points. (A good collection nonetheless)[/SIZE]

jediaction 08-28-2010 09:02 AM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;24681]

[SIZE=2]Uh, I'm pretty sure the AA-12 isn't in there.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Also, many of the weapons there are grouped with hands and have weird pivot points. (A good collection nonetheless)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Yah well. I didnt make them and the AA12 isnt there. I just posted everybodys models

debussybunny563 08-29-2010 06:10 PM

Update 8-29 (Sound)

[SIZE="2"]Here's a new version with (incomplete) sound.

So far, gunshots and reloading is it.
I might change some of the gunshot sounds later, as I recently did, because some are unrealistic.

I listen to some clips on YouTube, and from there pick the sound from my collection that is most suitable.

Blah blah and enjoy.

Also, to Densetsu and all others who don't want sound, do you want a new version devoid of sound, or just an option at the beginning (ask user for yes or no or similar) that lets you switch inbetween?
Either one wouldn't be difficult to do.[/SIZE]

DensetsuNoKaboom 08-29-2010 06:33 PM

Hmm...I like the idea of having an option, so if in some rare freak of nature my speakers decide to work, I can listen.

It's good so far.

x2495iiii 08-29-2010 09:02 PM

Ugh.

[URL="http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?q=aa-12&styp=m&btnG=Search"]Pick one.[/URL]

debussybunny563 08-30-2010 03:14 PM

[SIZE="2"]Frankly, they all suck. :p lol

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;24712]Ugh.

[URL="http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=f089c4ff1f18d422e965252a2862841d&prevstart=0"]Pick this one.[/URL][/QUOTE][/SIZE]

x2495iiii 08-30-2010 03:22 PM

Well, if they all suck then there's no point in importing a model that will lower the overall quality of your graphics. If you can find a better one though, let me know.

debussybunny563 08-30-2010 03:23 PM

[SIZE="2"]I'll find something in an edit. :D

EDIT: Uh, well, this isn't the AA-12, but it's very good.

[URL="http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=807ee3bd28eb3ad78d140709f0b1e40c&prevstart=12"]http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=807ee3bd28eb3ad78d140709f0b1e40c&prevstart=12[/URL]

If you could, please separate the box mag as a subpart.
Thnx![/SIZE]

debussybunny563 08-30-2010 04:47 PM

Aaaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

[SIZE="2"](rant deleted)

Basically, Alice "was unable to resolve some stupid references", which is its own fault, so I am sorely disappointed. Oh well.

EDIT: OK, fixed, as in I made up all the work Alice destroyed.[/SIZE]

DensetsuNoKaboom 08-30-2010 06:54 PM

Unable to resolve references...hmm, I've never seen that before. I hate it when I lose work because of some bug though.

Plus that critical save error still makes me jump every time I see it.

debussybunny563 08-30-2010 07:00 PM

[SIZE="2"]Basically, I dragged an object into a group, and it, for some reason or other disappeared.

So, when I try to open the world again, everything that references the object is in trouble, because the object's not there. Pressing "Undo" only brings up an unknown (haha) error. So I had to use a backup from 2 days earlier.

It's kind of like deleting an object manually, where it brings up that pop-up box that allows you to remove all references to the object in your world, but except you can't actually do that, and your work is lost.

Fortunately, I hadn't done too much work (mostly just rearranging/adding sounds), so there are no more problems (for now ;) )[/SIZE]

arty-fishL 08-31-2010 11:03 AM

lol

[QUOTE]CURSE YOU, ALICE!

YOU INSECURE LITTLE PROGRAM THINGY!

ALL I DID WAS DRAG AND DROP AN OBJECT INTO A GROUP, AND YOU (expletive) UP!

NOW I'VE LOST ALL OF TODAY'S WORK, AND NORMALLY WHEN YOU MAKE TONS OF BACKUPS, THERE'S ONLY ONE FROM TODAY, AND THAT ONE'S CORRUPT TOO!

DARN YOU TO HECK, LOUSY PROGRAM!!!
[/QUOTE]

haha, I wasnt on within those 10 minutes of posting and editing, but I got it in an email cos I done the subscription thingy, so lol.

debussybunny563 08-31-2010 02:30 PM

[SIZE="2"]Yeah, lol.

Got just a little upset... :D[/SIZE]

debussybunny563 08-31-2010 05:48 PM

[SIZE="2"]Okay, just finished the M1014 shotgun.

Once again, there's a formula, so that you can "miss" the target (like your aim is off) by more the further away you are.
Basically, I added spread. Nice little feature.

I'll post later, probably.

EDIT: Finished the AA-12 as well, with this model: [URL="http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4936"]AA-12, by x2495iiii[/URL][/SIZE]

debussybunny563 09-01-2010 07:26 PM

[SIZE="2"]Alice messed up again.

Once again it has to do with drag-and-drop, though not because I misplaced something.

*sigh*

Got it fixed, I think.[/SIZE]

x2495iiii 09-01-2010 11:28 PM

Got to be careful when copying stuff. Especially if the copied tile is the condition for an if/else if statement. That'll quite often drop properly, then cause loads of errors, from switching of all tiles copied from the original, to the inability to delete any of the faulty statements due to non-existent references.

Alice is a fickle girl, to be sure.

debussybunny563 09-02-2010 05:14 PM

[SIZE="2"]*sigh*

My first critical save error.

Got it fixed.
What I do is I have the corrupt world kept open, and open a backup in another window, and copy what I changed.

Very upset.[/SIZE]

DensetsuNoKaboom 09-02-2010 07:36 PM

:eek:FIRST?!?:eek:

My first was way back in 2008...

I still carry the scars...

debussybunny563 09-02-2010 07:49 PM

Update

[SIZE="2"]Got muzzle flash working for the AA-12, and am planning to implement it for the other weapons soon.[/SIZE]

x2495iiii 09-02-2010 11:55 PM

Nice. Glad that model worked out for you and that the red screen o' death didn't squish your motivation.

debussybunny563 09-03-2010 02:14 PM

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=x2495iiii;24856]Nice. Glad that model worked out for you and that the red screen o' death didn't squish your motivation.[/QUOTE]

It was an excellent model, despite the "faults," which was just me being extremely picky. :p
As always, your models are very nicely done. :D

[I]RED[/I] screen of death? Looked like a normal error message for me. Mainly gray and white with black text.

Motivation? What's that? Can I eat it?

Yeah, errors really do take my life away. I always figure the easiest solution is to open up another Alice application with a non-corrupted file, and go back and forth to fix it up. Since you can keep the original, corrupted version open, I find this to be effective.

As for muzzle flash, I used your explosion that flashed repeatedly, and it looks very nice.[/SIZE]

DensetsuNoKaboom 09-03-2010 03:58 PM

Red screen of death? Don't know what it is?

In Alice 2.0 (not sure about 2.2), when a critical save error occurs, the background color of the Alice window changes to red, hence the term "red screen of death". It can be very frightening for those who have not encountered it before. Also, the only things I know that can cause it are having certain methods in the code and/or having Malwarebytes' Anti-malware open when saving.

Good work on the game, by the way.

debussybunny563 09-04-2010 08:46 AM

Update 9-4-2010

1 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=DensetsuNoKaboom;24872]Red screen of death? Don't know what it is?

In Alice 2.0 (not sure about 2.2), when a critical save error occurs, the background color of the Alice window changes to red, hence the term "red screen of death". It can be very frightening for those who have not encountered it before. Also, the only things I know that can cause it are having certain methods in the code and/or having Malwarebytes' Anti-malware open when saving.

Good work on the game, by the way.[/QUOTE]

Ah. In 2.2 the screen color doesn't change or tint, so it's a little less scary.
Might as well post the game now anyway.
Flash is still only for the AA-12, and I revamped a couple things, like shell wobble. When the cartridge exits the chamber, you'll notice that its tilted a random number of degrees.

A cool thing about the M1014 reload is that if you've only fired 3 shells, you'll only reload 3 shells.

Bugs and problems:
Alice occasionally generates an error saying "out of memory".
Though it's still only ~13 MB, I guess it's a little too complicated for Alice to handle.

BTW, I can use Mama to make an .exe file for people who don't have Alice.
Only catch is you need java installed to open it, which unfortunately I don't. :(

Oh well. Questions, comments, suggestions, errors, report to me, blah, blah.

Also, X, if you can get the M249 converted, that would be great, but if it's too high poly or something I understand.
Since the AA-12 and M249 are very high-powered, I'd probably make them something that you have to unlock.

As usual, feedback is welcome. Yay.[/SIZE]

debussybunny563 09-04-2010 12:38 PM

[SIZE="2"]Working on compass.
Just need a compass billboard.[/SIZE]

DensetsuNoKaboom 09-04-2010 06:03 PM

Good joerb, bunny.

debussybunny563 09-05-2010 12:18 PM

Mouse Control

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=DensetsuNoKaboom;24904]Good joerb, bunny.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I made a version today with mouse control.

All credit goes to zenteo for this method.
Using scripting, if your mouse hits the edge of the screen, it will immediately move to the opposite edge.

[B][U]PLEASE READ:[/U][/B]
Press the red square in the middle of the screen to start.
Press Q to exit mouse control.

EDIT: Also finished up the muzzle flash. Enemies respawn quicker too.
And, in case I haven't said it before, there are sounds for reloading and footsteps as well.

Tell me what you think! :D

Also, to those of you who have played other computer FPS games, do you think I should make the recoil heavier? Most FPS's require you to drag down on the mouse substantially to keep your aim on target, and I think I may do the same.

Anyway, my first update in a while (by my terms ;) )[/SIZE]

jediaction 09-05-2010 06:43 PM

good but cant turn the camera

debussybunny563 09-05-2010 06:44 PM

[SIZE="2"]Are you using the mouse?
I made it utilize mouse control.

Mouse to turn, left mouse button to shoot.

Don't forget the instructions for start-up:
Click the red square in the center of the screen to start detection.
Press 'Q' at any time to exit mouse control.

BTW, the compass always points to the POLIZEI. Eventually I'll make it point to the objective, once I make one ;) .[/SIZE]

jediaction 09-06-2010 08:13 PM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;24966][SIZE=2]Are you using the mouse?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I made it utilize mouse control.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Mouse to turn, left mouse button to shoot.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Don't forget the instructions for start-up:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Click the red square in the center of the screen to start detection.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Press 'Q' at any time to exit mouse control.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]BTW, the compass always points to the POLIZEI. Eventually I'll make it point to the objective, once I make one ;) .[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Uh yes i am...

debussybunny563 09-06-2010 08:18 PM

Puzzled

[SIZE="2"]Strange. :confused:

[B][I][U]If it works (or doesn't work) for anyone else, please let me know.[/U][/I][/B]

Make sure you are clicking the square in the middle. It may be a bit small, so keep trying to click until it starts to track.

And BTW, update and all, I devised a map/radar tracker in real time that I'll be adding soon.
Also revised the reticle so it's a "legit" fps crosshair.

Here's the map link: [URL="http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=24995#post24995"]debussybunny563's map[/URL][/SIZE]

arty-fishL 09-07-2010 01:12 PM

It works fine. This is brilliant. But I miss being able to use the keyboard.

x2495iiii 09-07-2010 01:17 PM

It immediately generates a world-stopping error when I run it. Seems to happen a lot for me. There's probably an event or two in there that get interrupted.

debussybunny563 09-07-2010 02:05 PM

Errors?

[SIZE="2"]Are you using 2.2?[/SIZE]

jediaction 09-07-2010 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;24994][SIZE=2]Strange. :confused:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][B][I][U]If it works (or doesn't work) for anyone else, please let me know.[/U][/I][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Make sure you are clicking the square in the middle. It may be a bit small, so keep trying to click until it starts to track.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]And BTW, update and all, I devised a map/radar tracker in real time that I'll be adding soon.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Also revised the reticle so it's a "legit" fps crosshair.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Here's the map link: [URL="http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=24995#post24995"]debussybunny563's map[/URL][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

that was never there. Hmm, mabye i was playing the wrong versin.

debussybunny563 09-07-2010 02:58 PM

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=jediaction;25017]that was never there. Hmm, mabye i was playing the wrong versin.[/QUOTE]

Ack. Confusion.

The map and new crosshair are currently in MY version that I have yet to post.

Mouse control is now.

Could you explain exactly what's wrong?

Anyway, I'm glad it works for you, Arty, 'cause then I can blame other people for the fact it's not working for them. :D[/SIZE]

jediaction 09-07-2010 08:19 PM

No button turns the camera

debussybunny563 09-07-2010 08:54 PM

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=jediaction;25022]No button turns the camera[/QUOTE]

LOL

The [I]mouse[/I]. :D

Hahaha jedi you click the little red square (looks like a dot) that's in the middle of the screen, and then it will track your movements with the mouse.

Arty, could you perhaps explain it better?[/SIZE]

x2495iiii 09-07-2010 09:16 PM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;25016][SIZE="2"]Are you using 2.2?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I've found that it happens with both versions for me. It's actually a little worse with 2.2.

But no, I was using 2.0.