Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Works-In-Progress (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New FPS (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4788)

debussybunny563 09-07-2010 09:23 PM

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=x2495iiii;25025]I've found that it happens with both versions for me. It's actually a little worse with 2.2.

But no, I was using 2.0.[/QUOTE]

Argh.

As I said earlier, since it works for Arty, I'm blaming you. :D[/SIZE]

x2495iiii 09-08-2010 01:56 AM

You can do that, I suppose.

Or you could be professional about it and fix it by simply relocating the offending events to methods which perform the exact same action but don't generate an error. You know.

jediaction 09-08-2010 07:42 AM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;25023]

[SIZE=2]LOL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The [I]mouse[/I]. :D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Hahaha jedi you click the little red square (looks like a dot) that's in the middle of the screen, and then it will track your movements with the mouse.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Arty, could you perhaps explain it better?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

um, yes i "would see that" im not a beginner to these games. I've even made one. There was no dot

arty-fishL 09-08-2010 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There is a dot. Download it again, check your opening the correct one, ive got so many now since they all have varied names.

There is a red dot (square) in the middle of the reticule (crosshairs?), click it.

x2495iiii 09-08-2010 01:27 PM

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;25041]There is a dot. Download it again, check your opening the correct one, ive got so many now since they all have varied names.

There is a red dot (square) in the middle of the reticule (crosshairs?), click it.[/QUOTE]

A reticule is a small handbag used by women to carry things and is similar to a change purse.

A [I]reticle[/I] is an icon or marking on the scope of a gun or on an hud that assists in aiming by marking where the projectile will hit.

debussybunny563 09-08-2010 02:43 PM

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=x2495iiii;25028]You can do that, I suppose.

Or you could be professional about it and fix it by simply relocating the offending events to methods which perform the exact same action but don't generate an error. You know.[/QUOTE]

Let me ask you a question.
Unless you won't let me ask a question.

But anyway, look under your world functions. Scroll down to the "Advanced Math" section. At the very bottom of that section, do you have the function, "int <a> as a string"?

Oh wait, I feel stupid now... :o
Just realized that it isn't in the old version that I have uploaded, it's in my current version. My bad. :p

Anyway, there's a reason I have events terminate, and I also have it set up with terminating events/methods so that the chance it will cause an error is very, very slim.
As usual, it's difficult to explain, so I won't.[/SIZE]

debussybunny563 09-08-2010 08:54 PM

OK, you asked for it...

[SIZE="2"]Here's what I do:
-Have a "while variable is true" event, with the method in the "during" section.
-Through experience, the method CAN be terminated while it's running, but it can still generate an error IN CERTAIN PLACES of the method.
-Also through experience, you can set the variable to false in any part of the method and it won't generate an error; it's only after you have ANOTHER animation set to happen at the same time WHILE the method is being terminated that causes the error; once again this only happens in CERTAIN PARTS.
-So, I have a variable in the method set to true while those certain parts are happening.
-Now I'm going to use an example.
The enemy can attack as long as the "canattack" function is true, which requires that the enemy cannot be dead.
When the enemy dies, of course, the attack method will have to be terminated.
This is fine AS LONG AS there are no animations afterwards and it's not in one of the aforementioned critical areas, but since there are animations to follow, it causes a problem.
One of the critical areas was the running portion, and so I had a variable become set to true while the enemy is running, and false when he's done.
To solve the error problem, I added a "while <running> = true", with "do nothing" inside to the beginning of the die method, right after "enemy.dead" is set to true.
This way, the death will terminate the method, but it will wait for any of the critical areas to finish before it starts a conflicting animation.
If you've noticed, sometimes the enemies in the game don't die immediately, and that is because they were still doing one of the methods described above, and it had to wait so for it to finish so that no error would be generated (although very few may sneak in).

[QUOTE]Quitter.[/QUOTE]

I don't quit. I just take extended breaks. :)[/SIZE]

jediaction 09-09-2010 07:34 AM

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;25041]There is a dot. Download it again, check your opening the correct one, ive got so many now since they all have varied names.

There is a red dot (square) in the middle of the reticule (crosshairs?), click it.[/QUOTE]

AHHHHH. I thought that was part of the crossairs. Oops, ok thanks

debussybunny563 09-09-2010 04:18 PM

Hud

2 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="2"]Here's a look at my new HUD.

Top left: Real-time radar/tracker
Enemies show up as red dots, and you are the blue dot in the center.
When and enemy dies, the dot disappears, and reappears when they respawn.

Bottom left: Compass
Simply points "north," which for the time being is one of the crates.

Bottom right: Ammo
Shows how much ammo is currently in your magazine.

Along the very bottom edge: Magazines
Shows how many magazines you have left. Each fully colored in parallelogram represents a mag.

Above the mag display: Health
The health bar doesn't shrink, but rather changes color to show your health. Green is 50% or above, yellow is 37.5% to 50%, orange is 25% to 37.5%, and red is 25% and below.

Also notice (especially you jedi ;)) that it shows you where to click at the beginning.

I revised the weapon system so that you can only choose two weapons at the beginning and you stick with them. W and R to switch between them.
The only exception is the Desert Eagle. If you go into last stand, you use the Desert Eagle and have full ammo for it. Even after you exit last stand, you can still use it.
However, once you switch to a different weapon, you can't switch back to it, it'll be replaced by what you originally chose as your secondary.[/SIZE]

jediaction 09-09-2010 04:30 PM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;25084][SIZE=2]Here's a look at my new HUD.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Top left: Real-time radar/tracker[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Enemies show up as red dots, and you are the blue dot in the center.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]When and enemy dies, the dot disappears, and reappears when they respawn.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Bottom left: Compass[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Simply points "north," which for the time being is one of the crates.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Bottom right: Ammo[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Shows how much ammo is currently in your magazine.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Along the very bottom edge: Magazines[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Shows how many magazines you have left. Each fully colored in parallelogram represents a mag.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Above the mag display: Health[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The health bar doesn't shrink, but rather changes color to show your health. Green is 50% or above, yellow is 37.5% to 50%, orange is 25% to 37.5%, and red is 25% and below.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Also notice (especially you jedi ;)) that it shows you where to click at the beginning.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I revised the weapon system so that you can only choose two weapons at the beginning and you stick with them. W and R to switch between them.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The only exception is the Desert Eagle. If you go into last stand, you use the Desert Eagle and have full ammo for it. Even after you exit last stand, you can still use it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]However, once you switch to a different weapon, you can't switch back to it, it'll be replaced by what you originally chose as your secondary.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

IM amazed of how good this game is. Your really good. I cant wait to see the final version. Even though we helped you on this. This is very good. Post the version with the hud

This is a good game to make online

debussybunny563 09-09-2010 05:22 PM

Update 9-9

1 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="4"][B][I][U]The Forums are giving me trouble with uploading my attachment right now. I'll get it up as soon as possible.

EDIT: OK, got it up. Enjoy! :D[/U][/I][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]
OK, here it is with the new HUD.

Also made it so that the higher the difficulty, the more recoil there is.
UMP is a beast to contain on Veteran, and AA-12 may no longer be your low-recoil shotgun buddy (though since it's a shotgun, the spread is usually enough to take care of vertical displacement).

Filesize has gotten reasonably large, and up 'till recently I've gotten a ton of errors, but they were errors stating "Out of Memory!" Ever since I restricted weapons to only a primary and secondary, that error has never again come up, even after I emptied all my ammo on both weapons.
A good sign, I suppose.

Final things to add:
-Start Screen
It'll have difficulty options, as well as weapon classes to choose from.
If I were feeling particularly jedi, I might add reticle and camo customization. ;)

-Mission/Gameplay
[U]Suggestions would definitely be welcome.[/U]

[MYTHOUGHTS]
I'm thinking that it'll be a "blow up the objective" kind of thing where you have to get to a building and destroy it by planting a bomb. After the bomb has been planted, you'll get inside a helicopter and man the minigun, and fly away to avoid being blown up yourself. Finally, the building will explode in a cinematic slow motion scene, while you're still in the heli, and you win. (*Mission Success*)
[/MYTHOUGHTS]

Of course, you can bombard me with your own ideas.
[/SIZE]

jediaction 09-09-2010 09:05 PM

Unable to load world!

debussybunny563 09-09-2010 09:10 PM

Why!!!

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=jediaction;25094]Unable to load world![/QUOTE]

ARRGHHH! More problems!

Why is it unable?
What does it say?[/SIZE]

jediaction 09-09-2010 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;25095]

[SIZE=2]ARRGHHH! More problems![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Why is it unable?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]What does it say?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I knew you would ask...and my prepared answer....

It says

Nothing. Just error Cannot load world. Why? It just locks up on loading...nothing else

Dameria 09-12-2010 08:19 PM

Same here: "Unable to load world"

debussybunny563 09-12-2010 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="2"]I think that some other people were still able to open and play the world, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Anyway, try this one: (updated as well, but with my gameplay WIP disabled)
PRESS SPACE TO JUMP. One added feature.

AND PLEASE, IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE GAME, TELL ME IF IT WORKS OR NOT.[/SIZE]

FatRefrigerator 09-13-2010 10:47 AM

Can't load the X-final4 heres the message

Message that i got:

Unable to load world

Alice version: 2.0 04/05/2005

os.name: Windows NT (unknown)

os.version: 6.1

os.arch: x86

java.vm.name: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

java.vm.version: 1.3.1_10-b03

user.dir: D:\Alice\Required

Throwable that caused the error:

edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.ExceptionWrapper: ClassNotFoundException: edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.question.math.Int

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.load(Element.java:1498)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.load(Element.java:1483)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.load(Element.java:1531)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.dialog.LoadElementProgressPane.construct(LoadElementProgressPane.java:36)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.progress.ProgressPane$2.run(ProgressPane.java:82)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Wrapped exception:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.question.math.Int

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.load(Element.java:1448)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.load(Element.java:1531)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.dialog.LoadElementProgressPane.construct(LoadElementProgressPane.java:36)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.progress.ProgressPane$2.run(ProgressPane.java:82)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

debussybunny563 09-13-2010 02:22 PM

I think I may know why...

[SIZE="2"]OK, I'm frustrated now.

Just do this, and respond yes or no.
In your version of Alice, whether it be 2.2 or 2.0, go into the world functions tab.
Go down the list of functions, and stop at advanced math. Near the bottom of the list, is there a function called "int <a> as a String"?

If not, then we may have problems.

I have two reasons for assuming this is the cause of the problems.
1. In Mama, which some of you know is basically a vamped version of Alice 2.0/2.2, I couldn't import my a2w world because Mama didn't have that function either. Therefore I have reason to believe that some of you may lack that as well.
2. This showed up in the error: [QUOTE]edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.ExceptionWrapper: ClassNotFoundException: edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.question.math.Int[/QUOTE]
Notice the math.Int part at the end. Also notice the function is "int <a> as a String."

[SIZE="3"][B]If the world does not load for you, and you also lack this function, then say so. If otherwise, please also tell me. I believe you are missing out on a great game.[/B][/SIZE][/SIZE]

FatRefrigerator 09-14-2010 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;25267][SIZE="2"]OK, I'm frustrated now.

Just do this, and respond yes or no.
In your version of Alice, whether it be 2.2 or 2.0, go into the world functions tab.
Go down the list of functions, and stop at advanced math. Near the bottom of the list, is there a function called "int <a> as a String"?

If not, then we may have problems.

I have two reasons for assuming this is the cause of the problems.
1. In Mama, which some of you know is basically a vamped version of Alice 2.0/2.2, I couldn't import my a2w world because Mama didn't have that function either. Therefore I have reason to believe that some of you may lack that as well.
2. This showed up in the error:
Notice the math.Int part at the end. Also notice the function is "int <a> as a String."

[SIZE="3"][B]If the world does not load for you, and you also lack this function, then say so. If otherwise, please also tell me. I believe you are missing out on a great game.[/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Yeah, it doesn't load or say "int <a> as a String." in the functions.

debussybunny563 09-15-2010 02:03 PM

Good man, FatRefrigerator!

[SIZE="2"]GOOD! Yay! Problem solved!

Next update will simply change the int <a> as a String to something else, though that is the only way I know (that works, all that random number function with intonly="true" stuff doesn't work for me) to get rid of the .0 at the end of the ammo count, but I guess it's not a big deal.

Anyway, glad to hear that! It'll be fixed.[/SIZE]

Dameria 09-15-2010 02:23 PM

You can also use the way that I do it, using the random number function with the variable as the lowest and highest number and just putting the "is integer" value to true.

debussybunny563 09-15-2010 02:29 PM

Yeah, that doesn't work.

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=debussybunny563;25327][SIZE="2"]
Next update will simply change the int <a> as a String to something else, though that is the only way I know (that works, [B][I][U]all that random number function with intonly="true" stuff doesn't work for me[/U][/I][/B]) to get rid of the .0 at the end of the ammo count, but I guess it's not a big deal.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Uh, I've tried that before, and it never works.(see quote)

For example, on your maze game, the timer still displays the .0 at the end.

The only solution that works for me is the int <a> as a String (except possible zonedabone's scripting thingy, but I haven't tried it out yet.[/SIZE]

Dameria 09-15-2010 02:43 PM

Maybe you have a version of Alice that none of us have. Either you downloaded a new one and we all still have old ones, or you have an edited version that no one else has?

debussybunny563 09-15-2010 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=Dameria;25334]Maybe you have a version of Alice that none of us have. Either you downloaded a new one and we all still have old ones, or you have an edited version that no one else has?[/QUOTE]

I HIGHLY doubt it's edited, and I do remember in one of the threads talking about the .0 that someone else mentioned int <a> as a String as well, so I know I'm not the only one.

On one occasion I did go to Help > Update Software, so maybe that's it. That was before I was Alice proficient, so I don't know if that new function was there before I updated or not (nor do I know what exactly "update software" does).

Anyway, I'll change it back to the random number thing, so even though it won't work for me, hopefully it'll work for you guys.[/SIZE]

Dameria 09-15-2010 03:07 PM

Nope, I don't have that. The last one on my list there is "the (b)th root of (a)"

debussybunny563 09-15-2010 07:15 PM

What to do, what to do...

2 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="2"]OK, recently swapped out the AK 47 for... an AK47. Yeah, I know.

The new model is actually much better, without it bringing down the system with a terribly high polygonal count. The quality is so good that you can actually see all three prongs on the front sight, which was previously just one big post.

Of course, the pivot wasn't placed as I'd have liked, and I needed two "dummies," (or squares) to fix all orientation and movement issues.

Oh well.

I'm not making much progress right now, basically because I'm having a mind blank with what to do. I guess I'll try to work on scenery/collision with the scenery. There'll be a path to the airport/base that you'll have to follow.

Whatevah. I guess I (you) 'll have to wait and see. *sigh* (not really)[/SIZE]

Dameria 09-15-2010 07:22 PM

Maybe you could import the world into Mama, turn it into an executable file, and then send us the .exe on a website like [url]www.sendspace.com?[/url]

debussybunny563 09-15-2010 07:25 PM

Hmm?

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=Dameria;25349]Maybe you could import the world into Mama, turn it into an executable file, and then send us the .exe on a website like [url]www.sendspace.com?[/url][/QUOTE]

Why would I want to do that?[/SIZE]

Dameria 09-15-2010 07:33 PM

Um... so that we can see your program? As far as I know, the executable file would be able to run just like the alice world, so we would be able to download your program and play it normally. Even better, we would not be able to view or tamper with your source code.

debussybunny563 09-15-2010 07:39 PM

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=Dameria;25352]Um... so that we can see your program? As far as I know, the executable file would be able to run just like the alice world, so we would be able to download your program and play it normally. Even better, we would not be able to view or tamper with your source code.[/QUOTE]

Aha, my friend, realize you do not.

There are problems with Alice and her Mama.
At least, in my world, which is in no way to say Wonderland.

Basically, my world has certain issues when imported into Mama.
First of all, Mama also lacks the int <a> function. Go figure.
Secondly, zent's mouse aiming script doesn't seem to like Alice's mother either. Seemingly (at least what her mom told me) there is incorrect syntax or whatever (she probably doesn't like the language he uses), so whenever your mouse does hit the edge of the screen, error pops up.

Besides, the lack of int <a> as a String isn't at all a big deal.
It's used ONCE. Extremely easy fix.

Also note the bad jokes.[/SIZE]

Dameria 09-15-2010 07:42 PM

Ok, then post the fixed program that you were going to post before.

debussybunny563 09-15-2010 07:49 PM

Take your time...

1 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="2"]OK, I'm uploading in an edit.

Just letting you know, that even with Google Chrome (which, unlike Firefox, accurately measures in percentages the progress of the attachment), this is gonna take a while...

EDIT: Okay, got it up!

Nothing is really enhanced besides the AK, so sorry to disappoint. :p
Actually, I did change the side-to-side recoil of all the weapons so that it actually is a random amount.
Instead of
If (choose true <50>% of the time)
Turn left blah revolutions
Else
Turn right blah revolutions

I simply modified it to a random number function. Whatev.

This one better work for you... OR ELSE.
(DensetsuNoKaboom: or else what?
Me: ... ... ...idk)

As usual, give comments and feedback, as now you can actually OPEN the world.

Enjoy! :D[/SIZE]

Fritz 09-15-2010 09:22 PM

Question, what objects do you use for your hands?

FatRefrigerator 09-16-2010 11:00 AM

you gotta make it so the world starts with something other than "world.Directions". and even once i got past that, it still wouldn't work.

i got it to load, but not to play.

debussybunny563 09-16-2010 02:31 PM

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=Fritz;25359]Question, what objects do you use for your hands?[/QUOTE]

I use the knight character from the object gallery.

[QUOTE=FatRefrigerator;25375]you gotta make it so the world starts with something other than "world.Directions". and even once i got past that, it still wouldn't work.

i got it to load, but not to play.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?

"World start with something other than world.Directions?"

In case you are a very simple beginner and would not happen to know anything about Alice, there are more methods and functions and events and parameters and variables and poses that you were perhaps devoid of acknowledging what or where they were located, both in the program and in my program.
And if this is the case, I recommend you spend a couple months actually trying to learn something useful about how to do simple things in Alice like create a new method.

So, back to my point/question, world.Directions obviously contains directions as to what to do when you play the world, which your current intellectual level clearly indicates you are incapable of doing.
Everything else, which encompasses basically everything needed for the world to run, is located in the other methods, object variables/poses, object functions, and in the event panel.

For future reference, actually know something about the situation before you post about it.

[U]In other words,[/U] what the heck do you mean by "you should start with something other than world.Directions" and why won't it play (error message or similar).
[U]And, sorry if I sounded overly condescending, I may have been apprehensive and/or had misconceptions.[/U][/SIZE]

the gaate 09-16-2010 06:35 PM

I tried the Game and got it to load like the other guy. I got this error message when i tried to run it.

[QUOTE]Error during world start.

Alice version: 2.0 04/05/2005

os.name: Windows NT (unknown)

os.version: 6.1

os.arch: x86

java.vm.name: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

java.vm.version: 1.3.1_10-b03

user.dir: C:\Users\The Gaate\Desktop\Alice\Required

java.lang.Exception: No throwable given. Here's the stack trace:

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.dialog.ErrorContentPane.writeThrowableToTextPane(ErrorContentPane.java:67)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.dialog.ErrorContentPane.preDialogShow(ErrorContentPane.java:43)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.swing.DialogManager.showDialog(DialogManager.java:122)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringTool.showErrorDialog(AuthoringTool.java:2915)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringTool.showErrorDialog(AuthoringTool.java:2907)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringTool.worldRun(AuthoringTool.java:4977)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringTool.play(AuthoringTool.java:5061)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.Actions$15.actionPerformed(Actions.java:167)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

[/QUOTE]

FatRefrigerator 09-17-2010 10:47 AM

it says that the method "world.Directions" is not called by anything.

and I figured out on my own how to make helicopters spin their props and continue to perform actions using "for all" commands on my first day, but thank you for the wonderfully kind comments above.

debussybunny563 09-17-2010 02:06 PM

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=FatRefrigerator;25413]it says that the method "world.Directions" is not called by anything.[/QUOTE]

They're just the directions, so the method it isn't called in the world.
The only things it contains are comments, which don't modify anything during runtime, so using it in the events would be a waste.

[QUOTE=FatRefrigerator;25413]and I figured out on my own how to make helicopters spin their props and continue to perform actions using "for all" commands on my first day, but thank you for the wonderfully kind comments above.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! I must have been in a bad mood that day... :(
Good luck in the future! :D[/SIZE]

debussybunny563 09-18-2010 10:21 AM

[SIZE="2"]An update on what I'm doing.

I've added terrain with collision, courtesy of Zenteo, who made the terrain builder that I used. The terrain also works for all the enemies as well, but this causes lag issues that I'll look into.

I'm also adding a new weapon, the AUG, and consequently have deleted the MP5 and P90 to free up some space.[/SIZE]

jediaction 09-18-2010 11:01 AM

Yeah, i am the 200th reply