Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Works-In-Progress (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Sky Warrior - Gradius Style! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6861)

zero00 07-02-2011 12:21 AM

Sky Warrior - Gradius Style!

1 Attachment(s)
[post=38499][SIZE="4"][B]Update: Sky Warrior Returns is on post 14![/B][/SIZE][/post]
[post=40466][SIZE="4"][B]Update: Sky Warrior 2 Beta on this post![/B][/SIZE][/post]
[post=40762][SIZE="4"][B]Update: Sky Warrior Multiplayer Test on this post![/B][/SIZE][/post]

I decided to take what i learned from my [URL="http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6850"][B]"Tenkan" project[/B][/URL] and apply it to Sky Warrior. The results were phenomenal! :D

1. Now, you can have up to [B]5 bullets on screen at once[/B]! That's [B]5x[/B] as many bullets as before!

2. Not only that, but I made the bullet shooting object independent of the ship! That means I can not only put the bullet object in different worlds, but also put [B]multiple copies of them[/B] in the world! (and with great ease) :D I can now place them around the player's ship Gradius-style!

Here it is! Tell me what you think!

sfunk 07-02-2011 12:53 AM

sounds like a real interesting concept, i'll check it out once I get done uploading my newest tutorial

jediaction 07-02-2011 10:43 AM

Now that is cool! This could be a very very good game. Make something out of this. I am ready to review. Your concept is already a hit!

zero00 07-02-2011 11:23 AM

Already thinking of ideas! :D
I also did an experiment in moving backgrounds, so the camera might be able to fly around! [SIZE="1"](maybe)[/SIZE]

jediaction 07-02-2011 03:04 PM

Looking forward to it.

legolizard 07-02-2011 04:04 PM

Cool it is like a "shotgun" effect.

zero00 07-02-2011 05:14 PM

A gift!

2 Attachment(s)
I decided I'm going to release the "Bullet Shooting Object" and the bullets it uses.

To setup up the Bullet Shooting Object:

0. Place a dummy where the camera is. Name it "center" (without quotes).
1. Import Bullet Shooter.a2c into your Alice world
2. Press yes to the popup on the screen that sets certain variables to none.
3. Import the Pbullet object (You can also replace these with whatever bullets you want!) and make 4 more copies of it.
4. Set the tracer_objects 1 - 5 variables to their respective bullets
5. Put the Bullet Shooter into an "When World Starts" event.

That's all! [SIZE="1"][COLOR="White"](I think...)[/COLOR][/SIZE] Enjoy! :D

Note: The bullets disappear and return when they hit the left or right edge of the screen. Set left and rightedge_distance variables to what you feel i appropriate.

jediaction 07-02-2011 07:49 PM

I will review tommorow. Watching Transformers: Dark of the Moon

zero00 07-04-2011 05:51 AM

Sky Warrior First Boss Battle

1 Attachment(s)
I really wanted to release what I have made of the new Sky Warrior game! The Gradius-style options aren't in the game yet (because there's no need for them now).

[B]Project: Gradius-Like v9.0[/B]

======[B]Controls[/B]======
Arrow Keys.............Move the Fighter
Hold Space.............Shoot
Enter.....................Flip

[B]Press zero once to begin the game.[/B]
==================

[B]Notes:[/B]
1. The game has some the code for some of Core Force's other (currently) unused attacks. I think this is would be a [B]spoiler warning[/B].
2. This is a very rough game. There are [I][B]many[/B][/I] more improvements and such to be made. I just wanted to show what I have done some far.
3. I have not play-tested this attack sequence with other people yet. I don't quite know if this hard or easy. Its based on one of Core Force's previous attack sequence, so I consider it "easy-normal" difficulty.

Here it is! Enjoy! [B]:D[/B]

On an unrelated note, I'm starting to think of ways of recreating [URL="http://gradius.wikia.com/wiki/Tetran"]Tetran[/URL]. [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF1hdyAf8m0#t=46s"]Here's a video of it in action.[/URL]

jediaction 07-04-2011 10:42 AM

You work fast. But I don't get the game. Keep it going.

zero00 07-04-2011 12:54 PM

What do you mean?

zero00 07-05-2011 06:39 AM

Good News, Everyone!

2 Attachment(s)
The game is working great! There's just a few more things I need to polish up, now! I have also created two title screens for the game, which I will (probably) make the game switch between when it starts running. Here they are: (Personally, I prefer the bottom one :D)

On an unrelated note, the Tetran experiment didn't work that well. Turns out having 4 whip objects (one of which has about 21 subparts) all moving at the same time caused some lag in the game. I still have hope for it yet! :D

jediaction 07-05-2011 11:30 AM

It did not do that for me. I will try it again today, plus a video review if it is good.

zero00 07-05-2011 07:38 PM

The game is finally complete!

I have finished the game! It's now ready to be released! Here it is!

[B][SIZE="4"]Sky Warrior Returns[/SIZE][/B]

=======Controls=======
Arrows Keys.............Move
Hold Space..............Shoot
Enter......................Flip
====================

-[B][SIZE="2"]Three different and challenging difficulty modes![/SIZE][/B], just like my other games. Try them all!

-[B][SIZE="2"]Three different shoot styles![/SIZE][/B]
-Laser-assisted: Automatic Firing and adds a laser sight to your fighter!
-Automatic: Fast Firing and High Fire Rate!
-Classic: For those who've played the first Sky Warrior game, the gun is semi-automatic. [I]Tap[/I] the Space bar to Shoot!

-[B][SIZE="2"]Great Music and Sounds![/SIZE][/B]
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/file/pgrb8881c75ctvn/gradius-like15.a2w"]
[SIZE="3"][B]Can YOU Defeat the Core?[/B][/SIZE][/URL]

legolizard 07-06-2011 11:50 AM

I thought it was pretty hard, or maybe I just stink at your game, either way it was awesome.:D:):D

DensetsuNoKaboom 07-06-2011 02:39 PM

This sounds way cool.

Is there any possibility of you uploading to somewhere other than MediaFire? It has given me bad experiences in the past...

zero00 07-06-2011 05:43 PM

Where do you think I should upload this game to, Densetsu?

@legolizard: Don't worry, I intended for the game to be challenging! Thank you for the compliment! :D

DensetsuNoKaboom 07-06-2011 06:48 PM

[QUOTE=zero00;38550]Where do you think I should upload this game to, Densetsu?

@legolizard: Don't worry, I intended for the game to be challenging! Thank you for the compliment! :D[/QUOTE]

MediaFire.com: Had problems with it in the past
Wikisend.com: I think they take files down after a while, but I'm not sure.
Other things are probably out there but I don't know what.

zero00 07-06-2011 08:09 PM

Did you try downloading it from the link anyway? Maybe you won't have any problems with mediafire this time! :D
(BTW I'm thinking of making another Sky Warrior game like this, but with Revolver Force in it!)

ElectricKirby 07-06-2011 08:43 PM

Needs enemies.

DensetsuNoKaboom 07-06-2011 08:46 PM

Strange, this time it didn't assault me with pop-ups and misleading adverts like it did before. :D

zero00 07-06-2011 08:50 PM

@ElectricKirby I'm thinking of adding enemies to the next game! :D [COLOR="PaleTurquoise"][SIZE="1"](possibly...)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

@Densetsu :D

DensetsuNoKaboom 07-06-2011 08:52 PM

WHOA M G!!!!!!! That's awesome! Makes me think of Kirby final bosses...

Enemies or more levels would be great. Has jediaction reviewed this yet?

zero00 07-06-2011 09:34 PM

Episodic Content!

Thanks! :D
I'm trying to release these games in an "episodic style". The games are short, but fun, complex, and challenging. It also easier for me to make these games, so I can add more content to them as well!

For instance, in Sky Warrior, there were 3 bosses, but their attacks (in my Opinion) were very simple. In Sky Warrior Returns, there's only one boss, but Core Force has many different and complex attack patterns! :D

Also, the next "episode" will definitely feature Revolver Force, but the battle with it will a [URL="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Understatement"][I]little[/I][/URL] different than last time. ;)

zero00 07-06-2011 11:29 PM

Making up for a past mistake...

1 Attachment(s)
I felt kind of bad about that fact that the Gradius-style Option wasn't shown in Sky Warrior Returns. :( (It's still there, but some minor changes to the code is needed to reveal the Option)
So to make up for this, a Gradius-style power meter (and possibly a mini-boss) may appear in the next game. Here's a concept picture!
[SIZE="1"]
[COLOR="LightBlue"](For those who are interested being able to use the option, follow these steps:
1. Scroll to the bottom of the objects list and set the following objects Showing
(Option, optioncontainer, optioncontainer2, and hunter_tracer)
2. Set bullet Shooter2's "disable_shoot" value to true -or- disable the line of code in the world Setup method that sets that variable to true.)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

sfunk 07-07-2011 12:10 AM

you know, you could always use arty's world loader tool, so you could cut down the amount of storage each games take, making it so you could focus a little more on each part making it more advance, then have it load up the next part(having so you can have the full game, but less lag and more intense game play)

Fritz 07-07-2011 12:59 AM

If you want to upload, try using upload.ee, fast and they never take the files down. It's what I use anyway.

Game seems ok.

zero00 07-07-2011 09:22 AM

Sky Warrior Episode 2 Progress

Is it me or is this a wall of text below? :p

Progress on the next game is going well. Revolver Force is working great (though I haven't set up all of the collision stuff yet :p). It's ready for all sorts of attacks now!
-The [B]Gradius-Style Power Meter[/B] is working and fully-functional! The actual power ups it grants don't do much right now though, but it works amazingly! :p
-Revolver Force has gained an actual [B]shotgun-like spread attack[/B]!
-This one will take place in space as shown in the concept art!
-The Option can also be aimed (like Gradius V)

I am actually overwhelmed with the number of ideas I could implement in this game! :D If there is a feature or enemy or something you would like to see in the game, please comment!

@sfunk I thought about trying to link the worlds together (I had heard about the world loader before, but hadn't read much about it, though), but I couldn't for a number of reasons :( One of the reasons being that this game and Sky Warrior Returns have some big gameplay differences. It would be kind of jarring to play them as if they're one game.

DensetsuNoKaboom 07-07-2011 04:48 PM

why did i make this lol
try on normal difficulty

[url]http://www.upload.ee/files/1476680/modified_gradius.a2w.html[/url]

zero00 07-07-2011 05:16 PM

Clever... Very clever....

I did not expect that! :D
You're right! It does look similar to Kirby!

... Why do I feel the need to add a Kirby reference to the next game :p

zero00 07-07-2011 05:38 PM

Sky Warrior Returns Sequel Engine!

1 Attachment(s)
Just like Sky Warrior Returns, I'm releasing the progress I have done on this game.

====Controls========
Arrow Keys.......Move
Space..............Shoot
Enter...............Flip
Press 3...........Select Highlighted Power-Up

Test Controls
Aim the Option: Click on screen to disable movement. Use Left and Right Arrows to aim your Option (if enabled). Click Screen again to enable movement.

Revolver Force: Hold Q for Bullet Shooting. Press 1 for Spread Shot. Disable its LockonPlayer and press 0 for Classic Shoot!

Press 2 to blow yourself up.
===================

I'm having way too much fun with this game... engine... thing... so I'm releasing this engine.
Enjoy!

jediaction 07-07-2011 05:59 PM

Review!!!

[B][I]Feedback...[/I][/B]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Pros:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Complete Sounds[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Full Animations[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Impressive gameplay and Music[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Addicting[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Options[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Cons:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Hand gets tired of pressing after a while[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]The boss uses the same attacks over and over[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black]Overall[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]98/100 by [COLOR=red]Chrome Games[B] - [SIZE=2][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlMN_GjcytU"]VIDEO REVIEWD[/URL][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B][FONT=Courier New]This game was jaw dropping. Literally, my jaw was dropped the whole game. I was impressed with the menu then when the game started and it even changes!!!!!!!!!!!! The Graphics were to good for Alice. This is as good as Resident Penguin. If you use Artys World Loader tool so after your done with Stage 1 it goes to Stage 2, this game would be even a better score. My hand got a little tired after 5 minutse of shooting but the amazing gameplay kept me excited. I don't want to say anything is wrong with this game because this is one of the most impressive Alice games I have ever seen(even though I think Madden has the best looking games). Full working options to! This is just to amazing! This is one of the best looking games or the best looking game of today! Stage 2 will definatly be something to look forward to because you did such a good job with this one. THe walls got a little annoying because they just kept coming over and over again with no variation. The music and sounds were on key and perfectly placed and that gave this game so much atmosphere to it. The game definatly deserves the score and you should be proud about this. GOOD JOB![/FONT][/B]

DensetsuNoKaboom 07-07-2011 06:33 PM

:eek:

:eek:

Now how to put a starship into Alice Fighters...not to mention doing it justice...

arty-fishL 07-08-2011 01:00 PM

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner,but here I am.
Very good [IMG]http://www.alice.org/community/images/icons/icon14.gif[/IMG]! As Jedi said in his video review, looks professional, as if it came directly from a Japanese games company. I liked everything about it.
I will say though, that it lacked in options compared to sky warrior and I found it a lot less challenging.

zero00 07-08-2011 01:19 PM

A question...

I'm having a bit of issue with the game's design now. I don't think using the Gradius-style Selection Bar will help the game as well I previously thought. It just makes things for complicated, both for me and the players.

So my question is, do you think I should keep the Option (The Floating Gun-pod thing) in the game? If so, how can I give it to the player?

legolizard 07-08-2011 01:50 PM

How about as a reward for beating a hard boss or something. You could use Arty-fishl's "io tool."

jediaction 07-08-2011 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=legolizard;38657]How about as a reward for beating a hard boss or something. You could use Arty-fishl's "io tool."[/QUOTE]

I mention it in my review. I think

DensetsuNoKaboom 07-08-2011 06:24 PM

I decided to change my edited version a bit...

[url]http://www.upload.ee/files/1479029/Kirbius.a2w.html[/url]

zero00 07-08-2011 11:31 PM

Bad/Good News Everyone

I have some good news and bad news.

Bad News: I've decided to remove the Option and Power Meter. It didn't fit the Sky Warrior gameplay and just simply made things far more complicated than they should have been.

Good News: A brand new boss is being created! Its "code-name" is "Juggler"! :p There is even a possibility of having 3 bosses in the next game! :D!
I'm also rebuilding the game, utilizing what I have learned from making the last game.

jediaction 07-09-2011 11:35 AM

I am ready. How was the video?