Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How did you get your username? (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=5286)

DensetsuNoKaboom 10-22-2010 05:28 PM

How did you get your username?

I guess the title says it all.

Densetsu No is Japanese for "_ of Legend", and Kaboom is simply
[IMG]http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2294/kaboomke1.jpg[/IMG]
'Nuff said.

pancake 10-24-2010 03:26 PM

I got mine from basketball because pancakes are my favorite food . . . I had some this morning :D

Dameria 10-24-2010 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=pancake;27298]I got mine from basketball because pancakes are my favorite food[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with basketball? lol

And I got my username because I used to play an rpg flash game online, and somebody gave me an account whos name was Dameria, and I have kept it ever since. My old username is Beybladera, which I made when I was in 5th grade and I played Bey Blades with my friends, and my first name starts with the letter A, so I called myself Beybladera (it is also the username I used when I first played Runescape). But I like Dameria better, so I use that now more.

shaydon 10-24-2010 08:44 PM

[QUOTE=Dameria;27299]What does that have to do with basketball? lol

And I got my username because I used to play an rpg flash game online, and somebody gave me an account whos name was Dameria, and I have kept it ever since. My old username is Beybladera, which I made when I was in 5th grade and I played Bey Blades with my friends, and my first name starts with the letter A, so I called myself Beybladera (it is also the username I used when I first played Runescape). But I like Dameria better, so I use that now more.[/QUOTE]

well shaydon is my real name! so there's no good story behind it :p

Klinkin 10-26-2010 07:37 PM

I'm similar to Dameria on this one; Klinkin is the name of the first D&D character I ever played. His name came from the onomatopoeia of heavy armor clanking around, and I've used it ever since. Similar to Dameria, the name's not actually my own creation, but that of my friend who was DMing at the time.

madden 10-27-2010 01:31 PM

[QUOTE=Dameria;27299]What does that have to do with basketball? lol

And I got my username because I used to play an rpg flash game online, and somebody gave me an account whos name was Dameria, and I have kept it ever since. My old username is Beybladera, which I made when I was in 5th grade and I played Bey Blades with my friends, and my first name starts with the letter A, so I called myself Beybladera (it is also the username I used when I first played Runescape). But I like Dameria better, so I use that now more.[/QUOTE]

Haha, thats eggzactly how I got mine too. Some guy randomly gave me his account on Runescape a long time ago. I have been using it ever sense.

beachbum111111 10-27-2010 01:53 PM

i got my name cause i wanted my username on youtube to be beachbum but it was taken along with beachbum11,beachbum111, so i go annoyed and typed in a random number of one's...

Akira101 10-27-2010 02:53 PM

My nickname for every online forums, game and etc... it wouldn't be surprising if at least 1 person as met me on steam here :P but still not likely.

Well, my favourite anime at the time was gundam seed, and i just added an "a" in front of "Kira", the main character from the anime, and just started using Akira, adding 101 so i can use the username, since many places Akira is already used. And later learned Akira mean "Warrior" in japanese. Plus i'm into everything japanese :D

DensetsuNoKaboom 10-27-2010 06:10 PM

Hmm...maybe I should make my username DensetsuNoAkira...

I appear often as DensetsuNoKaboom, but occasionally with other names as well.

Has anyone tried Googling their own username? I did once, and I found one website that thanked me for finding a technique in a Flash game. :eek:

debussybunny563 10-27-2010 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="2"]I googled my own username to find out if it was original.

Turns out I'm the only debussybunny with any or no numerical extension out there.

If you google it, all that comes up are a BUNCH of posts from the forums.[/SIZE]