Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Works-In-Progress (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New FPS (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4788)

jediaction 08-04-2010 11:31 AM

Thanks. I'll try it

EDIT: how do you use this program. Im trying to hook up my x-box 360 controller. This is devide manager not xpadder

debussybunny563 08-07-2010 04:38 PM

Update 8-7

4 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="2"]New update available!

Changed/added features:
I changed the environment to snow, instead of the previous sand/desert.
There is a numerical ammo count, so you know how many bullets you have left.
You can now crouch down, which makes you move slower, but also allows you to move closer to the enemy without being noticed.
When aiming down the sights, the camera zooms in a little bit.

Should I add a different ammo count system? I was thinking maybe a bar that represents your total ammo, and it decreases in length as you deplete your supply.
Also, I have difficulties with integrating, or even just making a map/radar system. Any help would be appreciated.

I've decided that I'll probably get rid of most of the allies, and instead make something akin to parts of the "Cliffhanger" mission in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, where you'll have one ally providing cover as a sniper from high ground (like Soap shooting tangos when you get close to them), if I'll use any allies at all.
Therefore, I'll probably use the police character models for enemies instead of the current guerilla.

If you have comments, suggestions, questions, or find a bug, let me know.
Enjoy!

Pictures:
1. Going prone in some vegetation
2. The design for the soon-to-come new enemies
3. & 4. Showing the difference between sights and no-sights (the character is unmoved); the red dot is zoomed in more[/SIZE]

arty-fishL 08-07-2010 06:13 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;23728]Thanks. I'll try it

EDIT: how do you use this program. Im trying to hook up my x-box 360 controller. This is devide manager not xpadder[/QUOTE]

devide manager?

Also I am downloading the fps (got a name for it yet?) now.

arty-fishL 08-07-2010 06:19 PM

I actually did download it

why is it that when I download the file and then reload the page the attachment views never go up?:confused:

arty-fishL 08-07-2010 06:27 PM

its very good

nice:cool:

I find the look controls are too sensitive for me when carefully aiming, if I just tap a key it to move the aim slightly the aim suddenly jumps instead.
It would be nice if you could make it do what it currently does while a key is held, but only move slightly when a key is tapped.

debussybunny563 08-07-2010 08:00 PM

Fixed it

[QUOTE]I find the look controls are too sensitive for me when carefully aiming, if I just tap a key it to move the aim slightly the aim suddenly jumps instead.
It would be nice if you could make it do what it currently does while a key is held, but only move slightly when a key is tapped. [/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"]OK, now I made it so that if you just tap quickly, it moves only a little, and it's difficult to detect that it moves a bit slower if you hold the key in, so it doesn't lag your speed when you're trying to turn around quickly.

Tips for accuracy:
Instead of pressing J or L to correct your aim, try using S and F to move left or right instead of turn left or right. The overall distance your screen moves will be smaller (in the previous version, that is. I'll post the 'tapping' version in a bigger update with more features, so you're stuck with this for now).:p
Go prone. Since you move slower on the ground, that further decreases the amount of movement left and right. However, the speed with which you turn is still the same.

[QUOTE]Also I am downloading the fps (got a name for it yet?) now.[/QUOTE]

No final name yet. Any suggestions would be welcome, though I'll probably disregard them.[/SIZE]

labtek9 08-08-2010 11:36 AM

The game won't play on my MAC but I'm going to try on a Windows

debussybunny563 08-08-2010 11:47 AM

Macs...

[QUOTE=labtek9;23837]The game won't play on my MAC but I'm going to try on a Windows[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="2"]My friend had a similar problem. He's a HUGE Mac fan (goes by 'Lem0nhead' online-has an account on the forums), and it won't play any worlds with imported objects. Basically, he can only use the objects that come with the program i.e. the object gallery.
Apparently the Mac version of Alice is buggy. (I should know, since I've used it for long periods on both Windows and Mac)[/SIZE]

jediaction 08-08-2010 03:13 PM

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;23816]devide manager?

Also I am downloading the fps (got a name for it yet?) now.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Device Manager.

I also played the game.

Feed back...
Amazing animations
Bullets dont hit the enemy when i hit him (most of the time)
No sound
Dont know where to go

debussybunny563 08-08-2010 06:11 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;23850]
Bullets dont hit the enemy when i hit him (most of the time)
No sound
Dont know where to go[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="2"]
By that, do you mean that the enemy doesn't respond to hits, or that even if you unload an entire magazine and it seems that the bullets all 'hit' he still doesn't go down?

Currently, there is no hit animation (except if you hit him from behind, then he turns around), but he still loses health.
However, I have also found that the bullets don't always register, so it is a problem, and I'm just asking how severe it is for you.

Either way, I changed the collision for the bullets, and now it's a lot more responsive; you can shoot from anywhere and still hit, provided good aim and within range.

BTW, I do have a range for all the weapons.
M4-200 meters
AK47-150 meters
Desert Eagle-50 meters
UMP-100 meters
P90-175 meters

The result of changing the collision was extremely unexpected (for me):
Smaller file size! Went from 8.29 MB to only 7.26 MB with no other changes.
I was surprised because the code was a lot longer, but maybe it's because of Alice's way of compacting things in different events, blah blah, it's very difficult to explain something like this in plain text, so forget it.

As for sound, yeah, none yet. I expect the game will be a lot better with it. I'm trying to get the other things done first.

As for where to go, there currently is no gameplay, just you and that single enemy. That is also why the game is so lacking, and I'll need a big update for that. This will be what I'll be working on, and it will take a while before completion.[/SIZE]

jediaction 08-08-2010 06:48 PM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;23860]
[SIZE=2]By that, do you mean that the enemy doesn't respond to hits, or that even if you unload an entire magazine and it seems that the bullets all 'hit' he still doesn't go down?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Currently, there is no hit animation (except if you hit him from behind, then he turns around), but he still loses health.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]However, I have also found that the bullets don't always register, so it is a problem, and I'm just asking how severe it is for you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Either way, I changed the collision for the bullets, and now it's a lot more responsive; you can shoot from anywhere and still hit, provided good aim and within range.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]BTW, I do have a range for all the weapons.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]M4-200 meters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]AK47-150 meters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Desert Eagle-50 meters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]UMP-100 meters[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]P90-175 meters[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]The result of changing the collision was extremely unexpected (for me):[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Smaller file size! Went from 8.29 MB to only 7.26 MB with no other changes.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I was surprised because the code was a lot longer, but maybe it's because of Alice's way of compacting things in different events, blah blah, it's very difficult to explain something like this in plain text, so forget it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]As for sound, yeah, none yet. I expect the game will be a lot better with it. I'm trying to get the other things done first.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]As for where to go, there currently is no gameplay, just you and that single enemy. That is also why the game is so lacking, and I'll need a big update for that. This will be what I'll be working on, and it will take a while before completion.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

yah. I was just reporting what happened. ITs not like my computer self destructed. LOL!

labtek9 08-09-2010 10:45 AM

this control scheme is very cool I also find it easy, if you don't mind can I use it in my FPS?

debussybunny563 08-09-2010 10:49 AM

Sure!

[SIZE="2"]You can use the control scheme if it works for you; it's not like I own it or anything.

You don't have to give me any recognition, either. It's just an idea, and anyone can use it.

Good luck on your FPS!:D[/SIZE]

debussybunny563 08-09-2010 07:36 PM

Update 8-9

[SIZE="2"]New update!

Features:
The tap-aiming feature mentioned earlier.
Better collision detection for the bullets, as mentioned earlier.
Lower recoil on the desert eagle.
The cartridges are now ejected at a random angle, rather then a preset one.
Bullets are smaller, and it makes no difference except they look a bit smaller.:D
Not exactly a plus for you, but the deagle now only holds 7 rounds, which is how many it should hold.

And, the main new feature (visually): MUCH better reload animations!
They are more realistic, though they might run a bit slower (takes longer to reload).
If you go or turn to somewhere where there are no other objects (just turn away from where the objects are), all the animations run a lot smoother, and you can observe the shooting, recoil, and reloading in a smoother fashion. However, I do find it becomes a little too smooth (in a not positive manner); just some food for thought.

In the meantime, I'll tell you a bit about the weapons and some trivia on my preferences.

M4-Your high accuracy, low recoil, long range weapon.
It does low damage, but is partly offset by high fire rate.
30 round mag, 600 rpm, 200 m.
Recommended for long range distances for low recoil.

AK47-Your high damage, low accuracy, intermediate range weapon.
Does high damage, but also has considerable recoil. Low fire rate.
30 round mag, 300 rpm, 150 m.
Recommended for intermediate-close ranges for high damage. Low fire rate also means going for longer periods without reloading.

Desert Eagle-Your high damage, close range emergency weapon.
It's a pistol, so it's difficult to compare with the other weapons. Very high damage and high recoil.
7 round clip, about 180 rpm, 50 m.
Recommended for cqb.

UMP45-Your high damage, close range weapon.
Does the most damage compared to the other AR's/SMG's. Also has relatively high recoil.
30 round mag, 600 rpm, 100 m.
Recommended for close-intermediate ranges for high damage. Red dot sight attached for increased accuracy. The red dot sight is extremely useful, as it zooms the camera in more than the iron sights, allowing the user to see further and target better. Therefore, the UMP is useful within all hundred meters of its range (besides the fog).

P90-Your high accuracy, high fire rate, low recoil weapon.
Does little damage, but is accurate and fast. lol im bord
50 round mag, 600 rpm, 175 m.
Recommended for intermediate-long distances. However, it can be useful in cqb when engaging multiple targets, as it has a huge magazine and can go for extended periods without need to reload.

Little how-dee-do's:
You might notice something with the reload animations of the M4 and the UMP, the magazines never come off! That's because in the weapon models, the subparts weren't exactly the way I wanted them. In the M4, the magazine is attached to the handgrip, and the UMP was pretty much one solid object. So, to create the illusion, when you 'pull down the magazines' the right arm follows through so you can't see that the mags are still attached, and then the arm comes back up again when you 'insert the mags.' Tips for all of you who might run into this problem.
The smoothest reload would have to be the Desert Eagle. Very nice looking, if I do say so myself.
My favorite reload would have to be a close tie between the AK and the UMP. The AK's is very satisfying, and the same with the UMP's, in terms of the motion is kind of jerky.
The AK's is cool because of the way it kind of rips off the magazine and tosses it, as well as pulling the charging handle.
The UMP's is cool because of the 'follow-through,' which the AK also has, but is utilized better in the UMP. The arms kind of bounce around a bit; it's similar to adding a breathing effect to an otherwise stationary character. If you go look online for an animated UMP reload sequence, it's very likely that it will look like this.
Go ahead, go see for yourself.

BTW, there may be bugs for the enemy's attack sequence after he dies and respawns i.e. after he's finished respawning, he will never notice you or will start to attack you even if you're behind him/out of range.
Currently, I have a 'while world is running' with 'while guerilla.dead=false' in the during, and the attack sequence/method in that while event.
I've tried it before with a 'while guerilla.dead=false' event, and had the method in the during section, and that one had no bugs except that it would generate an 'error during simulation.' On another thread it said that this is due to events being terminated as they're happening. Problem is, I WANT the event to be terminated at once, but I can't seem to do so without an error (the error only happens if the enemy dies while he's running; if you kill him right after he notices you or while he's shooting, he dies normally).
Any help would be welcome.:D

Enjoy! (the reload animations)

Always post any questions, comments, suggestions or bugs that you may find. Thnx![/SIZE]

Wow, it's lengthy!

jediaction 08-10-2010 08:02 AM

Wow. Much better! Yes, once the guys are dead they come back to life. I love the running. If you hold the walk down for a little while. You run. Thats my favorite

labtek9 08-10-2010 11:29 AM

every time I play I get a message that says error during simulation on my Windows!

debussybunny563 08-10-2010 11:51 AM

[QUOTE]every time I play I get a message that says error during simulation on my Windows![/QUOTE]
[SIZE="2"]Really? Does it come up right after you press play, or when you try to do something while the world is running?
Are you playing the most recent version? Maybe you don't have the most up-to-date version of Alice 2.2. Make sure you're using Alice 2.2.
Also, probably a useless question, but what version of Windows? I use 7, but I'm not sure if it really matters.

I may be overreacting. :D

If anyone else has problems, let me know, since I want to know whether it's a problem with my world or your computer.[/SIZE]

arty-fishL 08-10-2010 06:11 PM

I like the reloading animations, very nice. Little hitch when you aim down your sights; you will need to correctly vehicle the ammo count since it goes off screen when the camera zooms in. That's all, apart from that I love it.

debussybunny563 08-10-2010 06:39 PM

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;23926]I like the reloading animations, very nice. Little hitch when you aim down your sights; you will need to correctly vehicle the ammo count since it goes off screen when the camera zooms in. That's all, apart from that I love it.[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="2"]Yeah, I'll have to fix that, some way or other.

Problem is, the ammo count [I]is[/I] correctly vehicled (to the camera).

To get the zoom in effect, I didn't make the camera move forward, I actually zoomed in.
The difference is, zooming in makes close objects bigger, while moving forward makes those objects move past you.
You change the (sorry if I misname) horizontalclippingangle and verticalclipping angle in the seldom-used properties of the camera.
It has the same effect as if you go to 'add objects,' 'more controls,' and drag the 'lens angle' sliding bar.

So, it'll take more work than just vehicling it, but I might get to it eventually.:D
Since it's not that important at the moment, I'll stuff it away to do later.:p

BTW, I think there's a problem with the P90's reload; the camera is slightly off after each reload. It's fixed in my version now, but not the one that's currently posted.

Regular update:
I added an 'idle' animation for the enemy, so if nothing happens for a while, he kind of inspects his weapon. Took me a whole feces-load of work to fix all the bugs that inevitably come up when you have the attack, idle, and die methods all running at once.
Also fixed other bugs that you may or may not find. As the creator, I have to LOOK for bugs and fix them, which is really feces-y.
At one point, I kept randomly pressing G, A, and (not Y, but) E to figure out a problem that occured that was associated with the crawl animation.
The reload animations also took me an entire day's worth of almost continuous labor as well to get the quality that you see.

ARRGGHHH!!! I might as well just quit.
OK, maybe not.

One of the issues I have is that I don't know when I should start duplicating the enemy. I keep thinking: Do I have enough features to move on? Am I missing something? Is the enemy bug-free? Also, should I add the gameplay before more enemies, or get more enemies before adding the mission?

Whatev. For comments, questions, suggestions, or bug reports, notify... ME!:D
[/SIZE]

jediaction 08-11-2010 08:54 AM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;23915][SIZE=2]Really? Does it come up right after you press play, or when you try to do something while the world is running?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Are you playing the most recent version? Maybe you don't have the most up-to-date version of Alice 2.2. Make sure you're using Alice 2.2.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Also, probably a useless question, but what version of Windows? I use 7, but I'm not sure if it really matters.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I may be overreacting. :D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]If anyone else has problems, let me know, since I want to know whether it's a problem with my world or your computer.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I was just about to say that. Make sure when you post games, you say what version your using. I should do that to from now on

debussybunny563 08-11-2010 02:04 PM

Gonna be working for a while...

[SIZE="2"]Just to let you guys know, I'm going to start modifying my FPS, or rather, the code that it uses, to make it better and less cluttered. Plus, I found a really good method for bullet collision detection that requires the use of a function that contains parameters and variables and whatnot, but does not require the bullet to move at all. I'll probably make a thread about things like that later in the How do I... section, but not for some time.

Basically, I'm deleting almost all of the events, many of the methods, and just keeping the animations, which is really all I need.

It'll take a long time, but in the end it should be worth it.

So, you might find a week or two of no updates.
It's just that, if you look at the events, I think there are way too many, and the same goes with the methods. So, I'm cleaning things up.

:o[/SIZE]

jediaction 08-11-2010 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;23954][SIZE=2]Just to let you guys know, I'm going to start modifying my FPS, or rather, the code that it uses, to make it better and less cluttered. Plus, I found a really good method for bullet collision detection that requires the use of a function that contains parameters and variables and whatnot, but does not require the bullet to move at all. I'll probably make a thread about things like that later in the How do I... section, but not for some time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Basically, I'm deleting almost all of the events, many of the methods, and just keeping the animations, which is really all I need.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]It'll take a long time, but in the end it should be worth it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]So, you might find a week or two of no updates.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]It's just that, if you look at the events, I think there are way too many, and the same goes with the methods. So, I'm cleaning things up.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]:o[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Can you private link me the bullet system so i can see it. I wont give out if you want to

debussybunny563 08-11-2010 04:14 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;23957]Can you private link me the bullet system so i can see it. I wont give out if you want to[/QUOTE]
[SIZE="2"]Private link? Wats dat?
lol:rolleyes:

I'm going to make a thread soon in the How do I section that deals with bullet collision detection.
Other people, like you, X, Dameria, Zenteo, Arty, etc. who can program well can also share ways to make this happen.

I'll give the link to the new thread in an edit.

EDIT: [URL="http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23962#post23962"]http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23962#post23962[/URL][/SIZE]

jediaction 08-11-2010 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;23961][SIZE=2]Private link? Wats dat?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]lol:rolleyes:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I'm going to make a thread soon in the How do I section that deals with bullet collision detection.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Other people, like you, X, Dameria, Zenteo, Arty, etc. who can program well can also share ways to make this happen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I'll give the link to the new thread in an edit.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hmm. Good point.

debussybunny563 08-12-2010 02:46 PM

Weird bug

3 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="2"]OK, there's a bug that has happened before, and I would also like to know if it has ever happened to you.

Basically, the enemy resizes in one dimension without you prompting it so.
It doesn't happen all the time, and eventually the enemy goes back to normal.

I believe it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm currently changing things around, since it has happened (rarely) before, and happened only this one time now.

[QUOTE]So, you might find a week or two of no updates.[/QUOTE]
Well, I surprised myself. I have it pretty much to where I was before modifying, and just need to work out some things with your character losing health and you losing the game, and then I'll post it.

Everything else is fine and works smoothly (besides what you see below-lol).

I compacted the events, so instead of having things like an M4 reload, an AK reload, P90 reload, etc. I have one reload, and have all those animations inside with simple if/else statements that determine which animation to use.
Also, with the new bullet collision, I had no need for a shooting method at all, and I deleted all but one bullet, which is all I need.

The other main difference is that instead of using a whole bunch of if/else statements to determine whether you can do something each time (basically, I didn't want things like reloading and firing and switching weapons happening at the same time), I just made a function for each.

However, even though I though that would save on file space, Alice has to be weird and make the file size larger. Oh well. It's only one MB or so larger, and I think there's actually less lag.

Always takes me FOREVER to straighten out the bugs, and can get me frustrated. :mad:

Here's some pics of the epicness:[/SIZE]

debussybunny563 08-12-2010 05:35 PM

Wow, that was quick! Update 8-12

1 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="2"]Finished making the changes to the FPS!

There is also a new feature:
The equivalent of 'Last Stand' in Modern Warfare 2!

Basically, if your health goes below zero, you lie down and switch to your pistol, while a timer set to two minutes goes off.
I recommend dying on purpose, just to get a look at it.

During last stand, you can only use your pistol, you can't get up, and everything becomes slower (to ArtyfishL: it works without any bugs, so, HA!).

Throughout the game, you also heal. You gain one health point every ten seconds.

By the end of the two minutes, if your health hasn't gone above zero, then you lose the game, and the game tells you so.

Second added feature:
Four difficulties to play on, the only difference between which is your health and your enemy's health.
Recruit: You have 20 health, your opponent 5
Regular: You have 10 health, your opponent 10
Hardened: You have 10 health, your opponent 15
Veteran: You have 5 health, your opponent 20

In veteran, you go to last stand in two hits, so be careful!

As always, tell me if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or find a bug.[/SIZE]

jediaction 08-12-2010 09:17 PM

Ok. i will download it tommorow. I think this game has one of the best animations for an FPS game recently. KEEP GOING!. Im working on my Halo game but for now. Keep up the good work. Make a full level with a menu!

arty-fishL 08-13-2010 05:51 AM

About the resizing bug; if you use a turn to face animation to make the guy face you then I have had problems with it in the past too, it does seem to sometimes make stuff resize on one dimension (left to right always I think), you could incorporate a reset size method in after he turns or something like that.
The difficulties have nothing to do with cod, do they:p

debussybunny563 08-13-2010 08:20 AM

Problems, problems...

[SIZE="2"]Yeah, but the thing is, he doesn't do it all the time, and he does reset his size eventually on his own.

Also, I didn't actually have the enemy turn to face, I had his pivot turn to face.
It seems that everything vehicled to the pivot is messed up.

However, he does look quite comical on-screen. :D

[QUOTE]Im working on my Halo game[/QUOTE]

Nice game! I'll comment on your thread.[/SIZE]

jediaction 08-13-2010 08:33 AM

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;24001]About the resizing bug; if you use a turn to face animation to make the guy face you then I have had problems with it in the past too, it does seem to sometimes make stuff resize on one dimension (left to right always I think), you could incorporate a reset size method in after he turns or something like that.
The difficulties have nothing to do with cod, do they:p[/QUOTE]

One time, that happened to me. The guy resize very way over and over again and then just looked like he exploded.

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;24006][SIZE=2]Yeah, but the thing is, he doesn't do it all the time, and he does reset his size eventually on his own.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Also, I didn't actually have the enemy turn to face, I had his pivot turn to face.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]It seems that everything vehicled to the pivot is messed up.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]However, he does look quite comical on-screen. :D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Nice game! I'll comment on your thread.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Great. I need a Ghost model, a brute, and a grunt or an elite. What ever. I need as many Halo objects as i can

debussybunny563 08-13-2010 03:45 PM

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE]I need a Ghost model, a brute, and a grunt or an elite. What ever. I need as many Halo objects as i can and debussybunny563 does not know what those are.[/QUOTE]

I've probably played Halo... twice? :confused:
It's a great game, but I don't know what those types of characters are. :rolleyes:

My guess:
Grunt is essentially pawn.
Brute is essentially knight.
Elite is essentially queen.

About right?

I also don't know how to convert models, so I'm not much help, am I? :p

I got a second enemy into the game! Not sure when I'll post it. Latest could be Monday.

I also added better snow, courtesy of Arty (didn't really ask for his permission, though :p). It was originally from his game, snowmobile reaction.

Please, if anyone has gameplay suggestions, tell me!
I'm pretty much blank except for a few good ideas borrowed off Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops.
Keep in mind the snow environment when you answer![/SIZE]

jediaction 08-13-2010 05:52 PM

Yup except Elites are men

arty-fishL 08-14-2010 06:57 PM

Yes you have perfect permission, im just intriged as to how you got the snow out of the original game. Did you extract the texture(s) by opening the a2w file as a zip, did you base it on it somehow... ?

debussybunny563 08-15-2010 08:18 AM

How'd I do it?

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE]how you got the snow out of the original game[/QUOTE]
I'm not telling...
Okay, if you look at your game and look at the ground object you have, the textures are already built in to that object.
So, I simply saved the object and imported it into the world.[/SIZE]

x2495iiii 08-15-2010 07:38 PM

Ha, arty just described how [I]I[/I] always get textures from worlds. Nice.

jediaction 08-16-2010 09:23 AM

Does anyone have HALO OBJECTS like the ones i requested

arty-fishL 08-16-2010 03:05 PM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;24117]Ha, arty just described how [I]I[/I] always get textures from worlds. Nice.[/QUOTE]

This method is also useful for either fixing a corrupt world or getting stuff out of it if you cant. But then I presume you knew that, you are very good with Alice.

x2495iiii 08-16-2010 03:32 PM

I had to do that with some text I'd set the extrusion of to zero (Note: you should never do this) in the world I used to record the video I posted to youtube. Had to delete the object and the methods referring to it.

I would've had to rebuild that world too, if Dennis Cosgrove hadn't personally fixed it for me.

debussybunny563 08-16-2010 07:07 PM

Update 8/16

[SIZE="2"]At X, do you have to download a certain program to open Alice files as .zip files?

And now, a new update.

Three enemies, and the third is one of the police character models.
I don't feel like going through everything I did, probably don't remember anyway, but I made it so that every so often the enemy will just run randomly, kind of to scout, so chances are that they'll eventually notice you.

There are probably a few bugs, and I encourage you to let me know if anything goes wrong while playing.
Most or all of the bugs may be kind of obscure though.

Also, as now I feel like transitioning to the actually gameplay and story, bombard me with any suggestions to improve the game, perhaps things like "it's too easy/hard", "the enemy should notice you from even further away/closer", etc.

Enjoy!
BTW, using the method I described in my "Adding your objects to the Object Gallery and more", I reduced file size from 13.2 MB to only 10.2 MB.[/SIZE]

pangdang 08-19-2010 09:15 PM

So GoooooooooooD

So GoooooooooooD