Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   How do I...? (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How do you give AI sight? (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7207)

Someone 09-11-2011 03:09 PM

How do you give AI sight?

I was tring to give an AI "sight" identify are only infront of it
any ideas

beachbum111111 09-11-2011 03:43 PM

Make an if statement and put when the camera is in front of AI Ai do (Put whatever you wan't it to do here)

Someone 09-11-2011 07:20 PM

what is the sintex and where do i get it from that says if object is infront of?
can i decide how close to the exact front it has to be for it to be true?
would this be able to identyfy different objects?

Does any one know where i could get a good coast that has a little more land compared to water.

room14 09-12-2011 03:04 AM

what kind of ai you are planning to make?

jediaction 09-12-2011 06:46 AM

To make them see, is by putting a cube about 10 meters infront of the enemy. Make that the detection so it's more of less detecting front movement and not if your behind. I did that for Hero's and it worked.

Someone 09-13-2011 02:03 PM

i thought of the cube thing already but i want a realistic line of sight(not able to see through walls) not one with "blind spots" or "weak spots"

i was thinking i could do something with the orentstion/position of the objects. mayby a mathamatical formula the can be used to figure out if the AI can "see" a pesific object or not.
i am preaty shure a formula like that has to exist.

(it has only been a copple days since i starlted working with alice so don't have experience)
i was also thinking of a bunch of spheres that go off in diffrent directions at high speeds and return to the AI when they encounter an object. concentration of these objects would depend on direction( most concentration at the front) this would also take inacount gor distance as the spheres would get further apart the futher you go.
unforionetly this would be long complecated and probably slow down alice if there are a bunch of AI

i am still looking for a good coastline in alice that has already been made and is avalable.

GameKid 09-17-2011 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=jediaction;41548]To make them see, is by putting a cube about 10 meters infront of the enemy. Make that the detection so it's more of less detecting front movement and not if your behind. I did that for Hero's and it worked.[/QUOTE]
Crap, ninja'd.
I was about to say that, with a cone, not a cube.
Edit: Try two or three size-varying cones with boolean logic to whether there's a wall or not.

x2495iiii 09-29-2011 02:58 PM

[QUOTE=donaldsmith;41574]I did a bit of code to optimize the navigation to hit the database more often than necessary, and perhaps once a week instead of slowing down due to a crawl. This should help avoid this situation and if it does for other reasons[/QUOTE]

...What?

Someone 09-29-2011 03:58 PM

it might work if i use the infront of funktion and have an invisible object go towards the object infront of the AI at high speeds. if the invisable objet reaches the target object without geting too close to another object then the AI acts as if it is seeing the target object.

kennithfoley 09-30-2011 09:12 AM

Ai with line of sight the easy way:

Today im going to show you how to make a AI with line of sight .There are many examples on how to do this,..but i checked them all and they ...