Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Objects (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   colt 45, and more to come! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6337)

sfunk 04-16-2011 10:45 PM

weapons and other items!

5 Attachment(s)
This is the first item that I converted, and i plan on doing more!! hope you enjoy.

EDIT:a 9mm is now available :D
:Computer now, had trouble reducing the file size

[ATTACH]4552[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]4553[/ATTACH]

Mr Kidnapper 04-17-2011 01:30 PM

All right, problems noted: Typical converted file. Is only good for looking at. Objects need to have their xforms reset and pivot points repositioned. Needs to be properly reset into subobjects and probably requires vertex welding. Freshly converted objects often have split and overlapping vertices which can almost double the size of the thing.
The object's grip has not been properly attached to the gun and because of that, disappears when looking at it from an angle. For converters, it is good to know this, because in Alice, an object that is considered to be missing "sides" and is not a complete object will have some polygons or the entire object disappear from an angle.

sfunk 04-17-2011 02:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
well these are my very first items converted, i knew the pivot points were going to be a problem for people, but i have no idea how to fix that, other than that, i really don't know what your talking about it vanishing at angles, i didn't notice and i turned and flipped each object completely to make sure nothing was missing?

If you can explain how to fix these problems though, i would not mind going back and fixing them, i would like to start converting more objects for use of the community, so any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Computer Desk

[ATTACH]4554[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]4556[/ATTACH]

jediaction 04-18-2011 07:24 AM

Cool, do you think you could do a good looking computer, moniter, keyboard, and mouse? Possibly Speakers would be good to, and a desk.

sfunk 04-18-2011 02:18 PM

if i can find the models, i will be more than willing to convert them for you. i don't know how to set the pivot points though, so if that isn't a problem, than i'll try to do it later today.

sfunk 04-19-2011 05:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My first creation on googlesketchup :D let me know what you think of it?

EDIT: second creation of mine, just a Concept gun I thought up

[ATTACH]4560[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]4572[/ATTACH]

x2495iiii 04-19-2011 05:14 PM

Pretty cool. Low poly = good for multiple copies. If I ever have a world that needs guns all over the place, I know where to go.

jediaction 04-19-2011 05:30 PM

Haha, you did it! Thanks

sfunk 04-19-2011 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;34261]Pretty cool. Low poly = good for multiple copies. If I ever have a world that needs guns all over the place, I know where to go.[/QUOTE]

Thanks X, I think I may have found a way to fix the origin problem with these items, so I might go back and re do them.

[QUOTE=jediaction;34263]Haha, you did it! Thanks[/QUOTE]

And no problem!, if you need anything else, just let me know. :)

jediaction 04-19-2011 05:42 PM

[B][I][COLOR=#ff0000]Feedback[/COLOR]...[/I][/B]

[B][I]PC DESK[/I][/B]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Pros:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Good polygon amount[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]High quality model[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Full color[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=darkred]Cons:[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=#8b0000]Subparts a little messed up[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black]Overall[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=4]90/100 by [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Chrome[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Games[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B]The model is good. It could have a little better subparts, because the leg on the left side is by itself and the right is attached, I found that odd. The color works great and the model size is perfect. great job![/B]