Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Questions and Comments (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Having trouble programming World (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=8037)

Katiee 02-08-2012 11:53 AM

Having trouble programming World

I am having trouble getting the following scenario programmed correctly. Please help before 5:00 today if you can
World with Kangaroo and 2 crates and first crate is shorter than kangaroo and second kangaroo is larger than first crate. Place kangaroo one hop away from the smaller crate. The larger crate should be lined up with the smaller crate and two jumps away from smaller crate. Kangaroo will turn to face the smaller crate and hop once. Use if structure to determine if the kangaroo is taller than the first crate, the kangaroo will hop onto the crate. If the kangaroo is not taller than the first crate the kangaroo will turn to face camera and say I am not taller than the crate. If the kangaroo hopped onto the first crate, let the kangaroo hop down from the crate. The second taller crate will be positioned next to kangaroo. Use if structure to see if the kangaroo is taller than the second crate. If the kangaroo is taller than the second crate, allow the kangaroo to hop over the crate and land on the other side of the crate. If the crate is too tall, the kangaroo will say I am not taller than the second crate. Kangaroo should not to attempt to hop the second crate without first hopping the first smaller crate.

TauTrumpsPi 02-08-2012 02:00 PM

No one is going to do your world for you. If you have specific questions regarding specific aspects of the task, we will help, but it is against forum rules to do your work for you.

Katiee 02-09-2012 11:42 AM

I wasn't asking anyone to do my World

I wasn't asking anyone to do my World. As it was I found one thing I did incorrectly. You should be careful how you relpy.

DensetsuNoKaboom 02-09-2012 01:56 PM

Next time, please be a bit more specific on what you need help with.

TauTrumpsPi 02-09-2012 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=Katiee;46386]I wasn't asking anyone to do my World. As it was I found one thing I did incorrectly. You should be careful how you relpy.[/QUOTE]

You said you were having trouble, and then you gave us the problem. There is no other way to help than to do the whole thing for you unless you be more specific, so I assumed you wanted someone to do it for you. I'm not a mindreader, I can't know what problems you're having with your world

jediaction 02-11-2012 10:40 PM

Miscommunication can be solved by more detailed descriptions. You're all right, please don't fight. Katie, in your post, you did make it unclear about what "kind" of help you wantes but sadly i'm assuming it's to late to help anyway. May I ask how the assignment went?