Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Works-In-Progress (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New FPS (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4788)

arty-fishL 07-25-2010 10:49 AM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;23451][SIZE=2]I'll keep posting updates. Do you think I should post a new update with a new post each time, or just change the attachment? That way, I don't need to make too many posts, but the other way people can't see previous versions.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE] you should post all updates on your first post at the top, by editing it and maybe add a new post at the bottom saying it is updated. Maybe keep a couple previous attachments, but not too many.

debussybunny563 07-25-2010 10:51 AM

4 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="2"][QUOTE=arty-fishL;23454]you should post all updates on your first post at the top, by editing it and maybe add a new post at the bottom saying it is updated. Maybe keep a couple previous attachments, but not too many.[/QUOTE]
OK, will do.

If I can get some sort of (free) hypercam (and a youtube account), I might post vids.

Edit: New Pics!
1. Shooting far away with the red dot sight.
2. Getting up close with the Desert Eagle.
3. Hiding behind some crates with the M4.
4. Hiding behind a humvee with the AK.[/SIZE]

debussybunny563 07-25-2010 11:30 AM

Update 7-25

[SIZE="2"]You can now die. The world around you slowly turns red, and you can't shoot or reload or any of those things. You can still move around though.

Look at my original post for the update. (It's xfinal-posting2)[/SIZE]

jediaction 07-25-2010 11:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=debussybunny563;23434][SIZE=2]I do have a question for anybody out there. How should I implement a weapon switching system, or rather, what kind? Currently I have it so that you only have 2 slots, and must go to a certain place (some stacked crates) if you want to switch those 2 out. I was wondering whether I should make it so that you carry all the weapons and can switch between all of them at any time. I'm not sure about picking up weapons though, too much work for me:p. If it comes down to it, I could spend a few hours on that, but it's not as fitting for the game situation. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Any other suggestions for a system would also be appreciated.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2](poll is at top)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Weapon switching? I made a good example of that.

debussybunny563 07-25-2010 11:52 AM

Like it

[SIZE="2"]Have an idea! I guess I'll use the number keys to switch weapons. I'll modify my current system. Thanks for the idea, jedi.:D(was clueless what kind of system to use:p, each one had its own benefits)

Edit: New system is available in the first post. 1, 2, 3, and 4 to switch weapons.
World is xfinal-posting3.
However, I might have to wait till poll results finish. Right now, it looks like the 2nd option is winning, but there have only been 3 voters.

Something else that is lacking is sound. Will probably be one of the last things I do.

Edit: I deleted the original xfinal-posting3 and posted a new one (same name: xfinal-posting3). There is now a really cool opening cutscene. Enjoy![/SIZE]

jediaction 07-25-2010 05:19 PM

Your welcome and yup, i voted

debussybunny563 07-25-2010 05:32 PM

You voted for which option?:confused:

arty-fishL 07-25-2010 06:40 PM

I voted for 2 weapons as it makes the game harder, 2 weapons should be fine if there are sufficient enough weapon crates around the place. Nice pics.

debussybunny563 07-25-2010 07:09 PM

I really like the number system for switching weapons. Quick and efficient. However, the 2-slot system is more realistic. Since now that option is winning by a larger margin, I'll re-update it to go with that.

So, now's the question: How should I get the extra weapons? Should I ask the user for input like I did in xfinal-posting2?
srry, too many questions.:p
Suggestions are welcome.

I'll keep updating.

GoGators 07-26-2010 04:16 AM

Senior Member!

you will become a senior at 50 posts so you are about half way right now!