Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   How do I...? (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How To Import Objects into Alice (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3411)

sfunk 04-18-2011 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;34182]Tab, Shift+Ctrl+4, Tab, Object>Transform>Center Cursor

And to reduce filesize, run a poly reducing script (built-in, usually) while the object is in vertex mode (Tab)[/QUOTE]

I tried using that to set the pivot point, and i got it to move, but once it moved and i exported the object, the pivot point doesn't stay set with that object, so the pivot point remains what it originally was when you import it into blender.

x2495iiii 04-18-2011 03:11 PM

Then you did it wrong.

Google Blender tutorials (or something similar) and try to find one on relocating an object's center point. That's what I did. The internet is lousy with Blender tutorials, so you know one of them has got to answer your question.

[QUOTE=noahx23;34158]oh...didn't know that...anyways the collada importer doesn't work which is my main problem[/QUOTE]

You said you're running XP. That could be why you can't find a .blender folder. Did you try the Vista instructions on the first post? I don't have access to an XP PC, so I can't find it for you, you'd just have to find the directory to which your main programs are installed, explore the Blender folders, find the one with all the .py files, then add the collada export script file to that folder.

sfunk 04-18-2011 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=x2495iiii;34228]Then you did it wrong.

Google Blender tutorials (or something similar) and try to find one on relocating an object's center point. That's what I did. The internet is lousy with Blender tutorials, so you know one of them has got to answer your question.

You said you're running XP. That could be why you can't find a .blender folder. Did you try the Vista instructions on the first post? I don't have access to an XP PC, so I can't find it for you, you'd just have to find the directory to which your main programs are installed, explore the Blender folders, find the one with all the .py files, then add the collada export script file to that folder.[/QUOTE]

I have ckecked all the possible videos on youtube and and blenders videos, they showed how to move the pivot point, but it never stays with the object once i export it, do i have to save the object then export it? Because in blender i made it so i can rotate the object around its center, but once it exports, it goes back to the origin of what blender had it set as...so i'm guessing i have to save the object or pivot point before exporting?

sfunk 04-18-2011 07:53 PM

I think since blender is such a crucial element in making a converted item usable, that we should make a thread containing everything we know how to do on blender, such as the basics, i will start a thread in the lounge with all the information i know and hopefully someone else will join in and fill out the elements i don't know, such as setting a correct pivot point and having it stick to the object once exported, and downsizing files.

EDIT: I already created a new thread in the lounge for those who want to see some of the basics for Blender, and for those who want to contribute to the list.

noahx23 04-23-2011 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=sfunk;34165]which type of blender did you download? try downloading the 32 bit if you originally downloaded the 64 and vice versa, you might get a better result with the different program[/QUOTE]

I accidently downloaded the 64bit version in the frist place, and it didn't even load on to my copmuter, so that isn't the issue.

legolizard 05-03-2011 07:12 PM

Bitrun?

I am almost done in converting my object, but I have two questions.
One when I opened my .dae file in Blender my object was all in different pieces, why and can I fix it? My second question is where can I find Bitrun I just have no idea.

Thank you,
Legolizard

Dameria 05-03-2011 07:17 PM

[QUOTE=legolizard;35196]where can I find Bitrun I just have no idea.[/QUOTE]

Thats because it is [b]Biturn[/b], not Bitrun.

legolizard 05-03-2011 08:05 PM

Wow!!

Now I feel so dumb, I just can not belive I did that!

Elive 05-06-2011 11:40 AM

I'm trying to import a .dae object into Blender. I have all of the necessary scripts. It asks me to install Python. I have Python 2.7.1 installed. Any suggestions?

x2495iiii 05-06-2011 10:36 PM

Install python 2.6.1. It doesn't recognize some of the later versions of python.