Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Works-In-Progress (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Space Jump (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4885)

Tommy19748 08-18-2010 07:02 PM

Space Jump

Is it possible that someone instruct me how to have the astronaut jump a specific height. At the top, use a loop to spin the astronaut a specified number of times, using the same function. The astronaut falls down to the surface, raises his or her arm, and says a message. Use variables for the height of the jump and the number of spins. I've started; however, I'm in need of assistance with this assignment, it is due tonight. Instructions please!!!

debussybunny563 08-18-2010 08:00 PM

Specifics?

[SIZE="2"]Any specific message you want the astronaut to say?

Also, are you supposed to use the same variable for the height and number of spins?
In other words, if you enter "2" for height, do you also want him to spin 2 times?

And, does it specifically say to use a loop for the amount of times he spins?[/SIZE]

Tommy19748 08-18-2010 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;24234][SIZE="2"]Any specific message you want the astronaut to say?

Also, are you supposed to use the same variable for the height and number of spins?
In other words, if you enter "2" for height, do you also want him to spin 2 times?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Correct if the number 2 is posted then the Astro should turn two time and so on. I have the spin part down but I'm stuck on the jump with the loop.

debussybunny563 08-18-2010 08:04 PM

[SIZE="2"]Questions:
[QUOTE]And, does it specifically say to use a loop for the amount of times he spins?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Any specific message you want the astronaut to say?[/QUOTE][/SIZE]

Tommy19748 08-18-2010 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;24236][SIZE="2"]Questions:

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Correct it is specified about the number of times with the loop, and the Astro can say something like Whoooaaaaaa.

Tommy19748 08-18-2010 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=Tommy19748;24237]Correct it is specified about the number of times with the loop, and the Astro can say something like Whoooaaaaaa.[/QUOTE]

At the top, use a loop to spin the astronaut a specified number of times, using the same function. The astronaut falls down to the surface, raises his or her arm, and says a message. Use variables for the height of the jump and the number of spins.

debussybunny563 08-18-2010 08:15 PM

Here it is

1 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="2"]Well, you only need one variable for both the jump height and the spin times, since they will be the same number, and he looks a little weird raising his hand and saying "Whoooaaaaaa.", but here it is.

If you want to change what he says, go to the world.jump method and modify it (it's towards the end of the method).

If anything else needs to be added/changed, let me know.[/SIZE]

Tommy19748 08-18-2010 08:18 PM

[QUOTE=debussybunny563;24239][SIZE="2"]Well, you only need one variable for both the jump height and the spin times, since they will be the same number, and he looks a little weird raising his hand and saying "Whoooaaaaaa.", but here it is.

If you want to change what he says, go to the world.jump method and modify it (it's towards the end of the method).

If anything else needs to be added/changed, let me know.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Thanks again.

debussybunny563 08-18-2010 08:20 PM

[SIZE="2"][QUOTE]Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's why I'm here.

Any more questions or problems, let me know, but try to post the problem as soon as possible so it can be taken care of as quickly as possible.

:D[/SIZE]

jediaction 08-19-2010 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=Tommy19748;24231]Is it possible that someone instruct me how to have the astronaut jump a specific height. At the top, use a loop to spin the astronaut a specified number of times, using the same function. The astronaut falls down to the surface, raises his or her arm, and says a message. Use variables for the height of the jump and the number of spins. I've started; however, I'm in need of assistance with this assignment, it is due tonight. Instructions please!!![/QUOTE]

Uh, didnt i just help you on this. I sent you an Example project. My JA command system. What happened with that?