Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Works-In-Progress (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Alice Clash! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6849)

InsertName 06-29-2011 11:14 AM

Alice Clash! (version 0.3 out)

2 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="6"][FONT="Impact"][B][I]ALICE CLASH[/I][/B]![/FONT][/SIZE]
Yeah, its here.
Anyway this is a fighting game meant for two players.
There are no Instructions in the game because I couldn't fit it in this version.
Controls are:
For P1
A and D to move left and right
S to jump
Q for light/fast attack
W for medium attack
E for heavy/slow attack
Z to block (only when on the ground)
R for a super attack (only when lightning flashes next to your characters name)

There are also fast/medium/slow attacks in the air, and can only be used when you jump (obviously).

For P2
J and L to move left and right
K to jump
U for light/fast attack
I for medium attack
O for heavy/slow attack
M to block
P for a super attack
Also aerial attacks.

This game still has some glitches, so tell me about them so I can fix them. (Feedback is Good!)

In version 0.3
--more textures to choose from
--a few bugs fixed
--a choice of how many maximum rounds (1, 3, 5)
--Instructions are in game now
+ new menu

Have Fun!

ps. album of this in my account.

arty-fishL 06-29-2011 05:11 PM

This is looking very promising.

Great animations, I love the floating spaceman in the background, well thought out, different attacks in the air is great, combat works well, good collisions on the edges.

I wasn't too sure how to get the lightning, I thought it was combos, but I got lightning one time when I had a 6 combo and another time when I had a 24 combo, so there's no apparent link there.
Sometimes the keys for player 2 (the koala) didn't work, but they did for player 1 (the hare) which put player 2 at a major disadvantage.

AI for single player would be nice, but that's quite a lot to ask.

DensetsuNoKaboom 06-29-2011 06:04 PM

I really like the animations.

ElectricKirby 06-29-2011 08:21 PM

Once you hit the edge, you shouldn't bounce back and continue to go the opposite direction that you should be (i.e. I'm going left, I reach the edge, then turn around and continue going right while holding left.)

InsertName 06-30-2011 07:43 AM

[QUOTE=ElectricKirby;38250]Once you hit the edge, you shouldn't bounce back and continue to go the opposite direction that you should be.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't figure out how to do that properly even with more variables

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;38236]I wasn't too sure how to get the lightning,[/QUOTE]

It's a variable called (SuperMove). You get points for hitting and being hit, but a lot more for hitting.

arty-fishL 06-30-2011 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=ElectricKirby;38250]Once you hit the edge, you shouldn't bounce back and continue to go the opposite direction that you should be (i.e. I'm going left, I reach the edge, then turn around and continue going right while holding left.)[/QUOTE]I liked that feature.

InsertName 07-01-2011 10:09 AM

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;38236]Sometimes the keys for player 2 (the koala) didn't work, but they did for player 1 (the hare) which put player 2 at a major disadvantage.[/QUOTE]

That is because at first I thought Koala's Medium move was over powered.(because of its quickness and unreal range) so I put in a infinite ascending variable that, when over a certain point would allow P2 to attack with that move. However, if P2 used the move before it was "charged", It would set the variable back to zero.

InsertName 07-03-2011 05:59 PM

version 0.3 out

arty-fishL 07-03-2011 07:56 PM

I liked the character customisations. Couldn't really find any glitches. Out of pedanticness one wrong thing I noticed was in game the koala is called K0ALA, but in the menu it is called K0A1A. That's about it.

InsertName 07-03-2011 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=arty-fishL;38411]IOut of pedanticness one wrong thing I noticed was in game the koala is called K0ALA, but in the menu it is called K0A1A. That's about it.[/QUOTE]

I saw that, and said, what the heck. I 'll keep it there. It also added clarity.