Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Resident Penguin (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3205)

x2495iiii 10-12-2009 09:07 PM

Resident Penguin

4 Attachment(s)
This one took a lot of work. I wanted to make a world with one of the models I imported into Alice, so I decided to use one of the imported guns to make "Resident Penguin" (oooooh)!

There's no instructions, so read this before you play:

You're a penguin with a gun, infinite ammo, something to prove, and nothing to lose, so you decide to rid the world of zombies.

Hold 'a' to turn left and 'd' to turn right. Click the mouse button to fire at a zombie (you can hold the mouse button too, but it's slower). The penguin automatically aims at zombies which he's directly looking at (they turn red to show they're targeted).

Have fun with it!

Descriptions
ResidentPenguin1: The first version. Small and simple, yet addicting and fun. Use this if you have a slow machine.
ResidentPenguin2: An experiment to add to RP1. Has more weapons and different camera angles, but unchanged gameplay and SERIOUS lag. Look at this to see what NOT to do when making a game.
ResidentPenguin3.1: The polished result of a weeks worth of work. I'm very proud of it. Has just about everything you can think of
ResidentPenguin3.5: 3.1, but with more levels, an option to play forever, better special effects, and a new enemy.

[COLOR="Red"][B][U]NEW[/U][/B][/COLOR][URL="http://www.alice.org/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=3455&d=1283582848"]RP Trophies[/URL]

3.5, but with trophies and grenades. Good stuff.

DumDum203 10-13-2009 08:23 AM

roflmao

lol, dude, that was the most fun i've had all week. loved it. especially the "zombies win" sequence. really, this is amazing. you rock

one thing though: I turned really slowly. I suppose that's necessary, though, to keep it from being too easy.

you should do something like an upgrade screen between levels! you could measure some kind of stat, (not sure how you determine when to go to next level) like #of zombies killed, or accuracy, and use that to give points or money for buying new weapons!

really good game. keep it up, dude

Dameria 10-13-2009 08:04 PM

Wow! Nice game. Its simple and fun, I like it when the zombie kicks you into the field goal!

Nice job with the light effects on the gun when you shoot. I like how you did all the coding. I do not know how to do all those complex codes. I also like how you had the zombies respawn and I love the red targeting!

I can see this took a lot of time, and you did a really good job.

dubastot 10-13-2009 08:45 PM

Quite the game you have going there x2495iiii! I like your gun especially.:rolleyes:

x2495iiii 10-16-2009 05:54 PM

Thanks for the input guys! I'm re-working it right now to try and make it even better! So far I've added four new weapons, three different camera angles, a better targeting system, and I'm working right now on a way to make the enemies smarter.

Jeremytroid 10-16-2009 07:35 PM

this is really awesome! It's a lot of fun to play:D

x2495iiii 10-17-2009 08:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright, here's an advanced version of Resident Penguin. New features:

-penguin turns faster
-6 different weapons to choose from (Press s to switch)
-4 different camera angles to choose from (Press 1 to switch)
-more sensitive aiming (originally you could point almost anywhere and hit the zombie, now you have to aim properly)
-a few fixed bugs (you can't fire after being kicked anymore)

There are probably a few bugs I missed, so if you find them, tell me. When the world start' you're given three seconds before the zombies start moving, enough time to get ready and switch between weapons and camera angles for awhile.

Have fun!

Dameria 10-17-2009 09:04 AM

I really liked the first game, but as I loaded the second game, there were a few major things.

First of all, the other guns are really cool, but the fifth gun is just WAY too over powerful. You can just hold it down and spray, killing everything as you turn to face it. Also, I noticed a bug when I did this. If you spray the gun and just kill everything, then eventually no more zombies will respawn. I would suggest either taking out the laser gun, or at least making it shoot for 1 second, and then it has to cool down for 1.5 or 2 seconds before it can shoot again, and this could be easily fixed by just adding the wait command into shooting the laser gun.

The other bug I noticed is that as the zombies respawn all at once, it lags like crazy, and there is a big delay for a second or two, but I don't see how you could fix this one, but maybe making each zombie respawn a little later than the other, so that they do not all respawn at once and lag the program.

Other than that, nice improvements in the camera angles and guns! Another suggestion that I might want to see in a later version is to add a laser sight onto the silenced MP5, the second gun after pistol. That would be really cool.

EDIT: Oh, and another thing I noticed is that when you lose, and the zombies win, kicking you over the field goal, it is very laggy. Also, the as the zombies win, if you wait a while you notice that the zombies are moving across the map near the field goal! Maybe you can make it so that if zombies win, all zombies opacity = 0%, so that you cannot see them as they walk near the field goal.

Also, I would take away the move camera left and right when you move arrow keys thing, because it is really not necessary, as zombies only come from 1 side.

Jeremytroid 10-17-2009 03:00 PM

Yeah. The game also freezes if you switch or shoot to much after the level's over.

Nickto1414 10-17-2009 08:07 PM

nice game

that game was awesome, i agree with Dameri the 5th one was kind of easy and may i recomend that the arrows don't move the camera, also u kind of turn slow but i like it how the zombies turn red if there in sight that is bad arse lol