Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   HALO - in Alice (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4806)

jediaction 07-21-2011 10:39 PM

Exactly!

Crusader 07-23-2011 08:07 AM

I suggest that since the most recent version of this is unplayable, you find out what is wrong with it, fix it, and release it.

Nighthawk0973 07-23-2011 11:18 PM

The reason it is unplayable is because mouselook scripts, while they might be possible, don't work well in alice. Therefore he'd have to re-do the control scheme for the aiming, which could turn out REALLY bad since he relies on perfect aiming in his FPS games, which my game, relies on arrow keys for turning, making aiming more difficult, therefore you don't have to make things perfect. Also, he's revamping his system for Halo 2.

It's definately not easy to make a game in Alice, especially not your typical student-made FPS where the 'Revolver' object is in the middle and you use the arrow keys to move and space to shoot.

jediaction 07-24-2011 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=Crusader;39580]I suggest that since the most recent version of this is unplayable, you find out what is wrong with it, fix it, and release it.[/QUOTE]
I will not say it again. The game is playable. It is your computer. Many members have played the game fine. Either upgrade your computer, or wait for HALO 2...I can't fix anything, because there is nothing to fix.

Crusader 07-26-2011 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=Nighthawk0973;39604]The reason it is unplayable is because mouselook scripts, while they might be possible, don't work well in alice. Therefore he'd have to re-do the control scheme for the aiming, which could turn out REALLY bad since he relies on perfect aiming in his FPS games, which my game, relies on arrow keys for turning, making aiming more difficult, therefore you don't have to make things perfect. Also, he's revamping his system for Halo 2.

It's definately not easy to make a game in Alice, especially not your typical student-made FPS where the 'Revolver' object is in the middle and you use the arrow keys to move and space to shoot.[/QUOTE]

I see, so it would be like Doom, or if you're just playing a Call of Duty game with you always aiming down the sights, something like that.

Crusader 07-26-2011 07:54 PM

[QUOTE=jediaction;39621]I will not say it again. The game is playable. It is your computer. Many members have played the game fine. Either upgrade your computer, or wait for HALO 2...I can't fix anything, because there is nothing to fix.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. Well, I admit, I'm using a laptop, which, of course, is not recommended for a game this big. You might say that I learned that the hard way, since the framerate would often take a nosedive. But hey, that doesn't mean I can't use this to listen to the epic soundtrack, though I generally avoid the track "Finish the Fight" because I swear I heard birds chirping and a dog barking in that. Let me guess... you recorded it off your speakers, as well as the original Halo theme by putting a microphone up to it, right?

jediaction 07-26-2011 11:35 PM

[QUOTE=Crusader;39764]Sorry. Well, I admit, I'm using a laptop, which, of course, is not recommended for a game this big. You might say that I learned that the hard way, since the framerate would often take a nosedive. But hey, that doesn't mean I can't use this to listen to the epic soundtrack, though I generally avoid the track "Finish the Fight" because I swear I heard birds chirping and a dog barking in that. Let me guess... you recorded it off your speakers, as well as the original Halo theme by putting a microphone up to it, right?[/QUOTE]

Yah, thats probably my dog, but I dont do that anymore. Old times...lol

Nighthawk0973 07-27-2011 02:09 PM

it did say 'gameplay optimized for desktop' on the bottom :)

zero00 07-27-2011 03:07 PM

If it means anything, I played the game on a gaming laptop, but it still lagged. Does it matter what operating system I'm using? (Mine is Windows 7 Home Premium)

jediaction 07-27-2011 04:54 PM

It works for some people to. Sorry, but there is nothing I can do. Just wait for Halo 2. It should be better. That is no reason for something in a review. Lagginess is your computer, not the game.