Alice Community

Alice Community (http://www.alice.org/community/index.php)
-   Share Worlds (http://www.alice.org/community/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   HALO - in Alice (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4806)

Crusader 05-27-2011 05:38 PM

[QUOTE=moric15;36541]I have Windows 7 and Alice 2.2 and i got
Unable to load world: D:\Halo - The Generator FINAL GAME.a2w

Alice version: 2.2 09/10/2010

Throwable that caused the error:

java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.io.ZipFileTreeLoader.open(ZipFileTreeLoader.java:66)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringTool.loadWorld(AuthoringTool.java:1945)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringTool.loadWorld(AuthoringTool.java:1912)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringTool.showStartUpDialog(AuthoringTool.java:1329)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.AuthoringTool.openWorld(AuthoringTool.java:1361)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.Actions$2.actionPerformed(Actions.java:92)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)[/QUOTE]
Yep, same here. Maybe you should reupload this thing so we can have fun with whatever genius you've created. I say upload it as a .zip file this time.

beachbum111111 05-27-2011 05:52 PM

Make it in MAMA so it will be in a .exe file :3

jediaction 05-27-2011 05:57 PM

I have tried big games before, Mama gets errors with If/else statemenst for me so the game does not work properly. Thank you for the suggestion though

lolgast 05-28-2011 03:26 PM

Am I the only one who can't open versions 3.5 to 6.0? Only able to open 3.0... At version 6.0, it does start downloading, but then a message 'unable to load' appears. Has anyone else this too?

Nighthawk0973 05-28-2011 04:38 PM

I can't do 3.0. It just sits there after loading like it's loading some more or something. I'll try again but I don't seem to be able to make it work. Maybe you should try making the .jar file in export as a web page a .exe file?

jediaction 05-28-2011 09:47 PM

It seems that the game is starting to get to big. It works for me, but maybe because I have more memory or some computer part iwth a lot of power. I can't do anything about it so you will have to try the latest version that works. That is what all the versions are for...

Nighthawk0973 05-29-2011 10:22 AM

Try splitting the missions into seperate .a2w files. I never got passed cutscene 1 on the mediafire version without an alice error. :(

This is after long loads.

The menu looked impressive though. Can you give me some of you models? I'll take what I can get but I really want the alien models for the Halo game I'm trying to make. Grunts, and Elites, etc.

Think you can do this for me? Thanks so much!

(I already got a sniper rifle, assult rifle, energy sword, and other guns, their axis isn't the greatest but I'll work with what I can!)

lolgast 05-30-2011 02:50 AM

[QUOTE=Nighthawk0973;36650]The menu looked impressive though. Can you give me some of you models? I'll take what I can get but I really want the alien models for the Halo game I'm trying to make. Grunts, and Elites, etc.

(I already got a sniper rifle, assult rifle, energy sword, and other guns, their axis isn't the greatest but I'll work with what I can!)[/QUOTE]

You can save them yourself, you know that? Just from the program.

jediaction 05-30-2011 08:43 AM

[QUOTE=Nighthawk0973;36650]Try splitting the missions into seperate .a2w files. I never got passed cutscene 1 on the mediafire version without an alice error. :(

This is after long loads.

The menu looked impressive though. Can you give me some of you models? I'll take what I can get but I really want the alien models for the Halo game I'm trying to make. Grunts, and Elites, etc.

(I already got a sniper rifle, assult rifle, energy sword, and other guns, their axis isn't the greatest but I'll work with what I can!)[/QUOTE]

I got my models from other members. Yes, you can have the models to use in your own Halo game.

jediaction 06-01-2011 11:26 AM

To everybody who downloaded my game and it did not work. I just tried it, and It is only 2MB like another member told me. I am uploading it now

EDIT: I tested it and it works! [B]FOR EVERYONE WHO IT DID NOT WORK FOR[/B], go ahead and try it again.