View Single Post
Old
lanceA

Default 11-19-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilpatrickg View Post
I would encourage the Alice development team to locate schools that are utilzing different computer lab management strategies/software. My biggest issue with Alice 2.0 is that it is very unfriendly to my computer lab management software in my high school classroom.

I have used Smart Technologies SynchronEyes (www.smarttech.com) software to broadcast presentations to my lab computers, as well as manage Internet access, send out files and share screens. The software will sometimes cause Alice to cause a critical error. Sometimes the students can save their work and restart Alice. Sometimes they lose what they have not saved.

I am testing Vision Classroom Managemenet software currently (www.genevalogic.com), and I am having many issues with Alice. Alice will close abruptly on student stations, causing them to lose all work. This happens when I broadcast my screen to students, as well when I disconnect the Vision software from their pc's.

I'm hoping that your beta testing environments will include sites that are utilizing computer lab management strategies from different manufacturers for compatibility testing.

Thanks.
I am not experiencing any problems using NetOp management software with Alice. However, I did use Synchroneyes software last year and I can confirm that Alice does not coexist well with it.