Thread: Real-Time Clock
View Single Post
Real-Time Clock
Old
Dameria

Default Real-Time Clock - 10-30-2009, 04:07 PM

I have been working on this the past few hours as I thought about how I would go about doing this. At first I thought it would be too hard for me, but as I started thinking I started to do things step by step, and eventually I found out how to make the clock work based on the real time!

Please x2495iiii and dubastot and Chris101b try my program and tell me what you think! This program actually taught me more about the math of using Alice, so I am glad I made it.

When you start the world, the hour, minute, and second hand go to the appropriate place on the clock, and then tick accordingly every second. The clock is very accurate, and just in case the timing of Alice is a little off, the clock resets itself to the correct time every 10 minutes (you can change this within the program, I have notes in it to explain how).

Also, the hour hand might be different for you. I had to subtract 4 hours from what it would originally display. I don't really know why, but I think it has to do with the GMT time and my timezone. It is set to U.S. Eastern Time Zone, so you might have to change it accordingly (see notes in program for how to change the hour hand), but run the program first just to see if it gives you the right hour, and if not than change the math so that it does.

I hope you like it! (Although I don't know how useful this program will be...)
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Clock2.0.a2w (438.4 KB, 417 views)

Last edited by Dameria; 07-15-2010 at 09:22 PM.