View Single Post
Old
OmniDistortion

Default 10-11-2005, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe
Export movie, when it was enabled, created an avi.

Basically, it was a screen capture tool built into Alice. You'd start recording, you'd play your world and if there was any interactivity, you'd go through it. When it was through, you'd stop recording. Alice would save out an avi of the capture for you to play in your favorite media player. At some point in the somewhat recent past, it broke. There have been some recommendations for other screen capture utilities to use in conjunction with Alice if you want to make movies.
Ah, I see. Yes, that would be very inconveniant for those who had an interactive environment. Well what you have in mind for the small utility to play the items is a great idea too. My project is more of a game then anything that I wish to show to others.

Exporting to a movie file would be conveniant only for those who created a theatrical set of some sort. If they could create a stand-alone program though it would be good for both someone who creates something you can only watch and the other people who create something interactive.