View Single Post
Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 09-29-2009, 10:04 AM

Granted, Alice isn't as versatile as some other programming languages, but believe it or not Alice can do all of those things you just asked.

-setting a variable as text: this can be done, and I've done it plenty of times. The only thing that slightly annoys me is the fact that the text-version of the variable has a decimal point and a zero (a double variable). I really don't know why it isn't working for you, but you could always post your world and let me take a look at it.

-having each object in a list perform a method: you could make an index variable for your object list, then have the nth item on the list do something, then have the index variable increment and repeat. This way, you can have one object from the list (your choice based on index) do one method.

-copying a method: This is easy. Just take all the code you want, put it all in a "do in order" area, then just drag the do in order to the clipboard in the upper-right, then drag the clipboard item down to the class you'd like to use it in.
You'll have to change the names of the relevant objects, but the method nature and order will be the same.