View Single Post
My first results using Shadow Sovereign's "import mesh as texture" approach.
Old
DrJim

Smile My first results using Shadow Sovereign's "import mesh as texture" approach. - 12-16-2006, 08:55 PM

Here are my first results from importing simple meshes in .ase format as sub-objects of an existing Alice object. I chose these two Alice objects because they each already had a very detailed and flexible hierarchy. The torus was imported as a sub-object for the ring finger of the hand and the sphere was imported as a sub-object of the street girl's head (all of which, except for the hair, it then replaced). In both cases, they behaved exactly the same as any other sub-object of the original. Also, the color of the ring was set and the texture for the sphere applied with Alice tools.

Not up to Pixar quality yet, but a nice return for the time spent - about 30 min for the ring and less than two hours for the head.

Later Edit: Realized I'd only uploaded the shape files in .a2c format. .ase format files are attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg RH&Ring.jpeg (8.4 KB, 737 views)
File Type: jpeg FaceChange2.jpeg (12.9 KB, 773 views)
File Type: jpeg FaceChange1.jpeg (16.4 KB, 737 views)
File Type: jpeg FaceChange3.jpeg (17.8 KB, 767 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ase_simple_Shapes.zip (387.5 KB, 596 views)

Last edited by DrJim; 12-17-2006 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Attached .ase shape files in zipped folder.