View Single Post
Alice world with set and detach vehicle issues
Old
todd0312

Default Alice world with set and detach vehicle issues - 09-25-2011, 12:04 PM

Hello again helpful mates:

I have attached my Alice file with which I am having trouble.
The main part of the code to look at is located in a method called “locust.fly”.

The problem seems to be this: I can detach the rabbit from the locust and do whatever I please with the rabbit – but only if I change “set vehicle to world” for the rabbit directly in method “locust.fly”. Using “whiteRabbit set vehicle to world” in “my first method” has no effect.

Conversely, If I enable “set vehicle to world” for the rabbit in my Main Method, but not in the“locust.fly” method, coding behaviors for the rabbit still have no effect.

When “set vehicle to world” for the rabbit is in the “locust.fly” method only, no behaviors coded for the rabbit can be activated in my Main Method. All rabbit behavior must take place in the locust.fly method. Actions I coded for the rabbit after the introduction of “locust fly” into the Main Method fail to activate (the last “Do Together block” at the end of world.my first method( )).

I practice applying methods in “Add objects” view by right clicking the object in the “object tree”, choosing methods, and then applying them. I have no trouble attaching and detaching vehicles in this way. I suppose I can have all rabbit behavior take place in the method meant for the locust to fly up and drop the rabbit off, as the rabbit at least seems to act independently in this method.

There is a good chance that I am missing something really obvious, and if that is the case, I apologize.

Hopefully, I explained this well, but there is a good chance I did not explain it clearly enough. I tried. If you need any clarification, of course, I will be more than happy to do so.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Much thanks in advance,

Excuse any typos and such. In a rush again.

Todd
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Alice song opening.a2w (3.44 MB, 2 views)