Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

What format?
Old
anselm

Default What format? - 03-11-2008, 01:24 PM

hey. i got BSR because i wanted to post my Alice video on you tube i've tried almost every format (for exporting) and each time you tube says "failed Invalid format" anyone know?

Edit: hrm, i may have found the format

Last edited by anselm; 03-11-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Old
DrJim

Default 03-11-2008, 09:53 PM

Here is the recommendation from the book "You Tube 4 You":

MPEG-4 Format video, 320x240, 30 frames per second, MP3 audio (I assume 16 bit stereo, but they don't say) and encoded using the XviD or DivX CODECs.

Note: just saving as an .avi, .wmv or .mov file doesn't guarentee that the internal parameters are OK - those are just "container" formats which can accomodate various coding schemes, frame sizes and rates, etc.

To a beginner this may sound like gibberish, unfortunately, (actually it still does a bit to me ) but if you get close to some of this you should be OK. Probably the most important thing for a good video is the frame size.

If you have trouble, I would make a very specific search on the web giving the tool you are using and asking for specific advice for uploading to YouTube. Also make sure you look at your video and make sure it doesn't have problems before you try to upload it.

Last edited by DrJim; 03-11-2008 at 10:05 PM.