Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Dynamic Music System
Old
Matchewawa

Default Dynamic Music System - 04-06-2011, 04:28 PM

I've posted a couple things related to this recently, but I'm not getting the right responses. I'm trying to make a dynamic music system where the music changes to a more intense piece once you get near an enemy. Then, once you aren't near he/she anymore, it goes back to a calm track. The issue is that the tracks don't change until the current one is finished. I want the music to change right away, as you are entering or leaving the enemy's certain vicinity. I see "to marker" and "from marker" in the "more" list for the method that plays the sound. I thought that would help, but I can't figure out the use of it or how to use it. Can anyone help?

P.S. I'll post an idea of the system. I can't post my actual game that this is being used for because the file is so big, but this is basically what I was trying before, but it didn't work.

P.P.S. Does the fact that I'm using Alice 2.0 have anything to do with it?

DynamicMusicDemo.a2w

Old
jediaction

Default 04-06-2011, 08:05 PM

Well first of all. It wont really matter if your using 2.0, but I would recommend 2.2. Now,You can make the soundtracks change. If you understand the while functions and such You can make a method with a variable of 1 and 0. While that number is 1, it will play action music, then when its 0, it will do the calm music. You can change the numbers with the "is within" for distance.

Summary

If you get close, the number changes to 1, then if you get far, number changes to 0. This can be done with the "is wthin" event

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Matchewawa

Default 04-06-2011, 11:57 PM

Doesn't work. Tried it just now, but really, it's just a slightly more complicated version of all of my other tries. The issue is the music will change, but the current track has to finish. I want the music to change RIGHT AWAY, mid-track, (you know, end the current one and start the other one) and it just refuses to.

Old
jediaction

Default 04-07-2011, 08:10 AM

Let me try and do something...Here. I realized what I told you to do was a bit off. This is the real thing. Here. It works
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Music Example.a2w (6.17 MB, 4 views)

Old
Matchewawa

Default 04-07-2011, 04:14 PM

The only issue with this is I was going to add all of the enemies into a for all together, which can't go in the events editor, but still, thanks!

Old
jediaction

Default 04-07-2011, 04:22 PM

So you can't modify it?