3/5 - Passable 0 0%
2/5 - Bad 0 0%
1/5 - Horrible 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

CSS First Level (Demo)
Old
madden

Default CSS First Level (Demo) - 06-15-2009, 02:23 PM

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on for a while. I have been very busy.
Here is a Demo for CSS, the file below is the first level. I can put it up on here, but once I am done with the game, I am going to have to put it on my website only. I will have all of the (Parts) of the game in one folder, and I am going to upload the folder on my web site... it will be much to large for here. So I hope you enjoy it, and I hope I didn't dissapoint. If you have things you don't like or want to be differant, tell me. I'll see what I can do, There is always room for improvment.
Oh, and rate it please.

Thanks guys,
Enjoy!

Controlls -

Left Arrow Key - Move Left
Right Arrow Key - Move Right
Up Arrow Key - Jump
Down Arrow Key - Drop Item
Space Bar - Pick Up Items/Close Info/Attack With Item

(You Need Alice 2.0 To Play This Game)

P.s When You first open it Alice will bring up an Error sign, just ignore it and exit it. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Css~1.a2w (18.71 MB, 166 views)

Check out my new website - http://www.freewebs.com/maddenuser/

Special thanks to the people who are supporting me...
Drjim, rich0e0rick, Chris101b, ZED, jediaction, x2495iiii, ("Robby"), gabe, JustasM, and Shadow Sovereign.

Games...

CSS - a sidescroler/adventure game.
CASE 1.01 - a escape the room/adventure game.
In the Black and White - a shooter/adventure game.
Field Of Wonder - a adventure game
C.R.E.S - a action/adventure game.

Can you eat 10 cookies in 5 seconds?
I did.

Last edited by madden; 06-15-2009 at 02:27 PM.

Sounds Great
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Unhappy Sounds Great - 06-18-2009, 01:14 PM

That game sounds great but sadly I will never be able to play the game as my computer with Alice can not handle files of that size.

Old
dubastot

Default 06-28-2009, 08:28 PM

How do you create all your objects?

Old
madden

Default 07-01-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubastot View Post
How do you create all your objects?
I used Powerpoint and put the pictures I made from there into Alice.

Drjim, rich0e0rick, Chris101b, ZED, jediaction, x2495iiii, ("Robby"), gabe, JustasM, and Shadow Sovereign.

Games...

I did.

Old
Chris101b

Default 08-16-2009, 05:17 AM

WOW!!!!! That is all I can say! I am awestruck with the visuals of this game. The world is fantastic, the music is great, and the basic visual style is outstanding. I was expecting this to be a great game and you just exceeded my expectations. 7/5 stars... and yes that is possible. Lol. The only thing is that I cannot figure out what to do at the end of the level. That bird flies down and kills me, but I don't see a way to stop it. Also, when you hold forward and hit with the stick a bunch of times, the game has an error and it closes. Other than that, it is perfect.

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. Once again, I LOVE THIS GAME and I can't wait to play the whole thing!

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Last edited by Chris101b; 08-16-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Old
madden

Default 08-16-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101b View Post
WOW!!!!! That is all I can say! I am awestruck with the visuals of this game. The world is fantastic, the music is great, and the basic visual style is outstanding. I was expecting this to be a great game and you just exceeded my expectations. 7/5 stars... and yes that is possible. Lol. The only thing is that I cannot figure out what to do at the end of the level. That bird flies down and kills me, but I don't see a way to stop it. Also, when you hold forward and hit with the stick a bunch of times, the game has an error and it closes. Other than that, it is perfect.

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. Once again, I LOVE THIS GAME and I can't wait to play the whole thing!
lol, thanks Chris. Glad you liked it.
Hmm... Let me check it out and see if I can fix that error. Thanks for telling me about it, I never saw that before.

P.s Thanks for the great feedback man. I appreciate it.
I am in the works of finishing it right now. It should be done soon. ^^

Games...

I did.

Old
onij

Default 08-17-2009, 03:48 PM

First off, I am very impressed with the overall visuals/style/environment of the game. That was truly awesome. I was just working on a project in front of my wife yesterday and she was like "Alice graphics are crap." I've thought the same thing up until I played your game and was awestruck with your visual style. Very well done. I'm giving you a 5/5 for the beautiful atmosphere and presentation of the game.

BUT there are a few issues I ran into:

1 - I'm having trouble understanding exactly when this happens but when you are on close to, or on the bridge and jump you sometimes get permanently stuck in the air.

2 - When jumping and attacking the bird, after the ball resets to the beginning, the ball sometimes gets stuck below the screen.

3 - Just a recommendation: Your world is so beautiful that I want to see more of it! So instead of having the camera trail behind the ball, have it stay slightly ahead of the ball. This way we will be able to see where we are going and will be able to focus on all of the beautiful scenery better. As it is right now, if a new person were to play the first level they will mostly be concentrating on only the right 10% of the screen because they will want to see where they are going in case they are going to need to jump over something or will need to attack something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madden View Post
lol, thanks Chris. Glad you liked it.
Hmm... Let me check it out and see if I can fix that error. Thanks for telling me about it, I never saw that before.
I doubt there is much you can do. From what I understand, if you hit any button (x) times in Alice, then alice will attempt to perform the action of the button (x) number of times. And alice will try to run all of your methods/button presses at once. So I'm assuming is that error screen that chris got is simply Alice not being able to understand how to corrdinate all of the button presses at the same time.

Last edited by onij; 08-17-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: update

Old
Chris101b

Default 08-18-2009, 03:28 AM

Well, he can use the same method that I used in my game. When you press the space bar to swing, a variable should activate. The code will tell the game that while the animation of the character is swinging the weapon, if you press space again, nothing will happen. It is kind of hard to explain, but I think you might understand where I'm getting at Madden.

I am nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

www.facebook.com/chris101b
Xbox Live GT: Chris101b
Youtube: (You guessed it) www.youtube.com/chris101b

Awsome
Old
jediaction

Cool Awsome - 08-26-2009, 04:13 PM

Wow, this game is the best graphics ive ever seen on alice. How did you do that! You could make a really good game with the way your going, KEEP IT UP!

Old
NivekNamttid

Lightbulb 09-20-2009, 10:59 PM

The visuals in this game are amazing! It's probably the best that I've seen in Alice yet. You have the honor of making the first scenario that made my computer stutter with the graphics as it does with larger graphicly challenging programs. I think that this game is going to be great! I have a few recomendations, though:

1: When I jump on the bridge, I get stuck in midair. I'm not sure what causes this.
2: It is rather annoying to be set back to the very beginning when you are killed by the bird. (A question: is that green circle above the bridge supposed to be a checkpoint of sorts?)
3: I could not kill the bird or get past it.
4: I think you should add a little more scenery after the bridge, I wasn't sure at first if I was supposed to keep going or not.
All in all though, I think that the game is going to be very good. I think a backstory would be great to add on to explain why it looks like the ball thing was shipwrecked on a island.

Last edited by NivekNamttid; 10-20-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: added/fixed

Tags
alice 2.0, css, demo, madden games