Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

Just Another FPS
Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Talking Just Another FPS - 09-20-2014, 03:11 AM

Hey guys! I'm back, finally, after 2 years of inactivity, to help others with Alice and Unity projects. I'm currently working on a FPS on Unity, and I'm going to make one on Alice now! I need you guys/gals to let me know what you want to see in this next FPS. Now, seeing the I'm programming using Alice, it'll be difficult to implement colliders, realistic recoil, clamps for the aiming, etc., so bear with me and don't go overboard with the suggestions. If you guys would like tutorials for Unity, I will gladly help you out.

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Last edited by AliceMaster00; 09-20-2014 at 05:11 AM.

Just a start!
Old
AliceMaster00

Location: You know that gap between the bottom of your dresser and the floor? Yeah, there.
Default Just a start! - 09-20-2014, 03:48 AM

I know the animations are a big buggy, but I'm working on a solution! This is I guess a prototype for my clamping system in FPS in Alice. It's not the best, but it gets the job done. Let me know what you think!!!

Controls :
WASD : Movement
Arrow Keys : Looking Around
C : Aim

This version includes :

Looking Clamps -
I've implemented a looking system similar to one of a mouse look script. There is two "calibration" numbers to calculate how far you've turned in a certain direction. I've simply set a limit on these numbers, and used if statements to detect whether the camera has turned too much on one axis. If it is detected, I've approximated the return value (how much the camera needs to turn back relative to it's rotation and 'calibration'), and applied it. Of course, this being a prototype, it has some bugs. But that'll all be fixed soon.

Animations -
I added animations such as weapon sway animations, and walking animations. What is different about these animations, is that it's not just an animation, if it was then the weapon would move out of it's position if too many keys with different animations were pressed. After finishing a walk animation, the weapon moves and orients back to a dummy set at it's normal or 'hip' position. It is the same if you'e aiming. I've tested some recoil animations that would be affected by specific variables, but so far that's a bust. So to make up for it, there is a simple recoil animation.

Reload, and Running Coming Soon!

READ NEXT POST FOR CHANGE LOG!!!
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Alice FPS.a2w (698.7 KB, 17 views)

What a piece of work is a man? How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and in motion, how express and admirable how like an angel! What apprehension oh how like a god! The beauty of thee world, the paragon of animals, and yet- to me, what is this quintessence o' dust? Man delights, not me. Nor woman either, nor woman either.

Last edited by AliceMaster00; 09-20-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Update!
Old
AliceMaster00

Default Update! - 09-20-2014, 05:09 AM

Here's the reload and running. Mind that the running doesn't have any animation yet, and that the walking animations are a bit buggy due to all the coding I inputed to check whether the player was aiming, since I was having issues where the gun would pop out of it's respective position. If that does happen, just tap a walking or aiming key and it should move back to its original position.

Change log :
Different Controls! -
Since I don't have mouse aiming, shooting while aiming was a pain. So, I implemented different controls that should make running, jumping, shooting, and reloading easily accessible.

Movement : WASD
Looking : IJKL
Aiming : C
Reload : R
Running : Shift
Shooting : N
Jumping : Spacebar

Let me know if any action is at an awkward angle relative to the walking or looking keys.

New "isReloading" bool and bullet awareness -
The gun now has a bullet limit, and cannot shoot over that limit. The isReloading boolean stops the player from shooting while reloading.

Ammo Count, Run Animation, Health & Health Bar Coming Soon!

Update!
Old
AliceMaster00

Default Update! - 09-20-2014, 07:40 AM

Well, it took my about two hours to finish this update. I've added a run animation (as promised), and an advanced bullet count system (somewhat as promised). Also, I've changed the shoot button so that it's closer to the look controls.

Controls :
WASD - Movement
IJKL - Looking/Aiming
Shift - Run
C - Aim
R - Reload
; - Shoot
Space - Jump

Change Log :

Bullet Count System -
I've added a bullet count system that lists the total ammo count, and the bullet count (in mag). I've also added a variable that detects the amount of bullets fired to determine how much gets subtracted from the total ammo count. This variable is called bulletValueCheck, the is the absolute value of the subtracted value of the bullet count and the amount of bullets that should be in the mag. If that absolute value is greater than the amount of ammo in total is left, then the total ammo is simply added onto the bullet count, and the negative value that is returned in the ammo count variable is balance out when it's added by it's absolute value. Yes, it seems complicated, because it is...

Run Animation -
The run animation is fairly simple, I didn't put much time into it, seeing that animating in Alice is a pain for me.

New Fire Button-
I found that the previous 'N' key for firing was impractical, it got in the way of the spacebar. So I found a different key to use that was close to some key that are normally used.

Health, Death, Weapon Swapping Coming Soon!

Unity?
Old
RavenOfCode

Question Unity? - 09-20-2014, 07:46 AM

You know unity? Is it a good game making program? Im right about to try your game out It looks fun

Stuff + Other Stuff + Different Other Stuff = Things :)

My best Alice game:

Clash of the Cubes (an arena fighting game):
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=10738&highlight=game

Old
AliceMaster00

Default 09-20-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfCode View Post
You know unity? Is it a good game making program? Im right about to try your game out It looks fun
Yeah I know Unity! It's amazing for game dev, except for it's price That's why there's always a free version though! About the game, I just uploaded the newest version. There was a problem with the run animation.

Should I
Old
RavenOfCode

Default Should I - 09-20-2014, 09:04 AM

I'm really wanting to learn a new programming language, a real one... and unity seems really good. Would you recommend i learn it?

My best Alice game:

Old
AliceMaster00

Default 09-20-2014, 09:10 AM

Definitely! I love using Unity, it's just sometimes you want to go back to your roots (hence Alice). I can help you with learning both C# and JavaScript coding. Of course, if you're looking to learn the ACTUAL code, you would have to look it up, since Unity uses APK packages to help make the scripting a bit easier. Learning code from Unity is fairly easy if you think about it. Most functions in Unity are just plain logic.

Also, could you please test out the fps I posted, I dying to hear some sort of feedback about it.

Thanks and Done
Old
RavenOfCode

Smile Thanks and Done - 09-20-2014, 09:22 AM

Thanks for the info, and the fps, better than mine... at least for camera movement, its a bit glitchy but mostly smooth...

My best Alice game:

Zombie or Human?
Old
RavenOfCode

Default Zombie or Human? - 09-20-2014, 09:23 AM

Just wondering are you planning on it being a zombie game or human/alien game? Ill post mine in a bit, its fighting humans First try at this... normally i do zombies as they are easy...

My best Alice game:

Tags
fps, game