Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Works-In-Progress

noob here! skateboarding...
Old
blaklite

Default noob here! skateboarding... - 05-18-2009, 02:52 PM

hello,

I am relatively new to alice, and programming in general. I've have worked with flash for a while but I'm not really stellar. I decided I wanted to use a 3D program for my next project so grabbed alice.

I am trying to make a skateboarding game that focuses on the technicalities in flip tricks. You move the feet on the board to change how much the board flips/spins. There is an ollie animation, with the flip and spin methods over the top (inside?) of it. Everything is always stationary.

I am at a point where I need the board to land correctly if your trick is enough of a complete flip to be landed (eg the board is upright and straight). I want to go about this in a way that the amount of rolls and flips are recorded in variables, and the variables are rounded to whole numbers if they are within .2 or so. If the variables aren't within that range of a whole number, the trick would be failed. If the trick is landed, I could put the two variables together to show the player what trick they executed.

The goal is to create a game where the player will be asked to execute specific tricks in a few tries, like a game of skate (like horse in basketball).

Again, I'm new to Alice and I'm just kind of figuring it out by myself, so I'm probably doing a few things wrong. Any help or advice would be great.

thanks,
bryce
Attached Files
File Type: a2w aliceattempt.a2w (1.38 MB, 79 views)

Old
blaklite

Default 06-01-2009, 02:39 PM

no halps? ='[

Sadly for You
Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default Sadly for You - 06-19-2009, 10:35 PM

As summer break has just started I consider the idea of helping you but rejected it as you would get credit and that I would be wasting my summer. I must tell you that you should go and send messages to the Alice elite and see if you can get there help.