Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Infiltration (Shooting game)
Old
Chris101b

Default Infiltration (Shooting game) - 10-30-2007, 02:15 PM

tuscaloosaacademy.org/infiltration.a2w

The name of the game is Infiltration, and it is a shooting game that takes place in the year 2304. For some computers, this game refuses to correctly show some of the text, so for those who cant see any text at the beginning, here is what is says.

The Story So Far:
You are a soldier of the US army in the year 2304. Your
mission is to infiltrate an enemy base and take out all that
stand in your way. Then, make your way over and kill one
of the worst soldier bots ever created. This bot is the cause
of over 5000 US casualties, he needs to be dealt with. Get
inside, and take him out. You can do it, we believe in you.

When you press next, this next message comes up:

Your ship has crashed into the building, walk around
using the arrow keys, use the space bar to shoot
use M to melee, and use T to roll left and Y to roll right
when you get outside. Use F to do a quick turn. Also, use
grenades to take out the watch towers . They could see
our ships in the distance and pull the alarm. Go destroy
it as soon as possible. Press G to use grenades.

Hopefully, none of the other text will dissapear or become larger. Also, there is no collision detection at all, meaning that you can walk through any wall. Please, if you walk through a wall, just walk back into the level. This game is hard when you first start out playing it. You MUST use the roll feature. It is one of the most important aspect of the game, which is why I spent so much time perfecting it. Use it to roll out of the way of danger. Also, dont try to Melee the rocket man, you WILL die. Also, grenades wont hurt the boss, only, your gun will. There might be more bugs and stuff that I havent found or forgot to mention, if there are, tell me, I would love the feedback. When you are done playing, tell me what you think. Also, this game is big and complicated, some slower computers will not run it smoothly, some computers might not run it at all. So now, I am proud to release this game for all to play, I hope you enjoy it! This game is 35,575 KB. The game is above, just put in the URL.

Last edited by Chris101b; 11-03-2007 at 09:51 PM.

Old
Chris101b

Default 10-30-2007, 08:07 PM

Is it working for you? Has anyone played it?

I am in the process of making an awesome shooting game.
Old
DickBaldwin

Default I am in the process of making an awesome shooting game. - 10-31-2007, 11:31 AM

I believe it was you who posted several messages with words like the following:

"I am in the process of making an awesome shooting game."

Just a word of advice from someone who has been around the block a few times and has made numerous mistakes in the process. It is usually better to produce the result and then have others tell you how awesome it is rather than to tell others how awesome it is going to be and then have to make a lot of excuses as to why it isn't so awesome after all once you do the work.

But that's just my opinion. You may have a different opinion.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm

Old
lanceA

Default 11-01-2007, 09:18 PM

Well stated.

Old
DickBaldwin

Default 11-01-2007, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris101b View Post
Is it working for you? Has anyone played it?
I was able to download and run the program. It ran rather choppy on my computer, which isn't a very fast computer.

I couldn't find much of anything to shoot at. Everything appeared to be in a dense fog and I had a hard time telling one shape from another. Even when I saw shapes, I ran right through them apparently due to the lack of collision detection. Perhaps I was just unable to navigate into the right neighborhood to find the exciting action.

I also couldn't figure out how to look up, which seemed rather unnatural, particularly since Alice supports pitch in addition to roll and yaw. I recall seeing instructions for the arrow keys and the T, Y, M, F, and G keys. Maybe I just missed the instructions on how to look up.

The music was exciting though. I wonder who owns the copyright on the music Hope that the owner doesn't mind you publishing it in your game. (See http://news.softpedia.com/news/Princ...on-65543.shtml)

My opinion...
Interesting: Yes
Awesome: No
But, it does appear that you put a lot of effort into the project. Perhaps you should look into the use of a more powerful game engine.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm

Last edited by DickBaldwin; 11-02-2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Correct grammar

Old
islandfever

Default 11-02-2007, 08:18 PM

I can't seem to download it...

Old
Chris101b

Default 11-03-2007, 01:32 AM

you cant look up and down. I thought it would add unneccesary gaemplay ot the game. Also, the dense fog is from the ship which you were in which crashed. Also, if you are confused about where to go, here is a guide. WARNING SPOILERS:

You start out in a room with the crashed ship in front of you. turn around until you see the door. You have to melee (M) it open. Then turn left and walk down the hall. walk to the door and it will automaticaly pusch you through. turn right, walk a little bit, turn right again and walk straight. When you enter the hallway, an enemy should come into view unarmed while choking on the smoke. shoot and kill him. walk through the door he cam out of and go through the teleporter on the left. when you walk through, the smoke will dissapear, and you will appear in a garden with a large tree in the middle. in front of the tree is an enemy with a rocket. use the roll feature to dive out of the way of the rockets he shoots and kill him. (dont get too close though). then walk around the tree and outside. Trees and rocks and bushes are placed to your left and right and there is a watch tower with an enemy in it to the left. use the black ridecule (shows where your grenades go) on your screen to throw a grenade and take down the tower. Then walk to the other end of the pathway to the giant temple. walk near the door and once again you will be forced through. Then use your gun to kill the boss. When he is dead, game over. The end.

Once again, you need to have a fast computer to play this game effectively. Also, download it and then go into alice and open it from alice. For example:

type in tuscaloosaacademy.org/infiltration.a2w
then press save to disk
it should then download to the desktop
when it is done, go into alice and go to open
go through the tabs until you ge to your desktop and click on the game
I have tested it and it does work

Last edited by Chris101b; 03-29-2008 at 08:41 PM.

Old
islandfever

Default 11-03-2007, 11:01 AM

for those of you who can't seem to download it be sure to put

http://www.tuscaloosaacademy.org/infiltration.a2w

(adding http://www.)

gun
Old
penguinron29

Default gun - 11-04-2007, 07:17 PM

Where did you get your gun object from?

Old
Chris101b

Default 11-04-2007, 10:46 PM

I made it using the bad guy robot. I morphed him into the shape of a gun and and made it smaller. I used that same model in the Halo 3 Starry Starry night trailer that I made a while ago. The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QYIAbkdAwM