Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Thanks Alice && Community!
Old
dekoba

Default Thanks Alice && Community! - 08-16-2011, 07:39 PM

Hey folks!

I picked up Alice about a month ago and started playing around with it. Itreally piqued my curiosity but I soon got frustrated with it because of it's inability to effectively handle things like collisions. So..

I started hunting slightly bigger game. I headed over to Panda3d.org and download thier game making tools. These are far beyond the level of Alice, and are really only suited to those with some degree of programming background, but they use Python (an easy language to learn) and combined with many of the concepts of working in 3d that I learned in my week long exploration of Alice, I was able to move fairly easily into it.

So, thanks to everyone in this community, particularly to the wonderful folks at CM who published Alice (also Panda, lol) and especially to the community members here who wrote tutorials and guides. I learned a lot from you and consider myself a successful game programming hobbyist, at least in part because of your help. Thanks!

Dekoba

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 08-16-2011, 10:30 PM

I used to have Panda. I never did anything with it, though. Maybe I should.

Ha.
Old
Mr Kidnapper

Default Ha. - 08-17-2011, 12:41 AM

Mr. Kidnapper is using Crysis 2's Sandbox 3 (CryEngine3) and is attempting to learn flow graphing along with 3ds Max. For 3ds Max I'm busy with particle based effects right now.