Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Bugs and Troubleshooting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Can't rename methods
Old
darnold
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default Can't rename methods - 12-11-2007, 02:10 PM

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Alice 2.07

After creating a new method for my world, say world.setup, I can't rename the method. I try Ctrl, Option, and Command clicking, but get no popup menu.

How do I rename methods, or is this a bug?

D.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
DickBaldwin
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 12-11-2007, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnold View Post
Mac OS X 10.4.11 Alice 2.07

After creating a new method for my world, say world.setup, I can't rename the method. I try Ctrl, Option, and Command clicking, but get no popup menu.

How do I rename methods, or is this a bug?

D.
I don't know about a Mac, but my recollection is that under windows,the procedure for renaming a method is to right click on it in the bottom left panel and select Rename from the popup menu that appears.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm
   
Reply With Quote
No popup to select rename from
Old
darnold
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default No popup to select rename from - 12-12-2007, 11:34 AM

Dick,

That's what I was thinking, but no combination of Ctrl, Option, or Command key will bring up a popup menu on my Mac OS X 10.4.11.

D.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
DickBaldwin
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 12-12-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnold View Post
Dick,

That's what I was thinking, but no combination of Ctrl, Option, or Command key will bring up a popup menu on my Mac OS X 10.4.11.

D.
OK, here is an issue that I never noticed before. Under WinXP, if you right-click on the dotted area on the left end of the method tile, the popup doesn't appear. However, if you move the mouse pointer to the right and right-click on the name portion of the method tile, the popup does appear.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm
   
Reply With Quote
Old
darnold
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 12-12-2007, 12:09 PM

Dick,

Nice try, but no luck. No matter what part of the method icon I click, no matter whether I use Ctrl, Option, or Command click, no popup.

D.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
DickBaldwin
Guest
 
Status:
Posts: n/a
Default 12-12-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnold View Post
Dick,

Nice try, but no luck. No matter what part of the method icon I click, no matter whether I use Ctrl, Option, or Command click, no popup.

D.
Maybe Gabe can get someone from CMU to comment on renaming methods on a Mac. I don't know if he will see this posting or not, but you can send a private message to him.

Dick Baldwin
Free Alice tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/tocalice.htm
Free programming tutorials: http://www.dickbaldwin.com/toc.htm
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Copyright ©2019, Carnegie Mellon University
Alice 2.x 1999-2012, Alice 3.x 2008-2012, Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.