Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 09-01-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonedabone View Post
You mean you hadn't gotten around to getting zone to gove his insight on the J's of jython.
Not necessarily. It's possible to make trophies/achievements in games with save/load scripting, they simply don't carry over from game to game.

And I already "gove" you credit, don't you worry zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
Who put Bacon, Coffee, and Eggs as tags for this thread? LOL

I do not have the latest version but I have never seen the "Penguin" eat breakfast in this world!
That was me. I get goofy sometimes.

I was thinking of a strong bad cartoon where he wanted to cover up a bad photo of himself, so he was like "Coffee, eggs, bacon! Whoops. Looks like we just made breakfast all over whatever that was a photo of."

Old
jediaction

Default 09-02-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I hope you guys all understand that, when it comes to games, everything's been done before. The idea is to add an interesting twist to old concepts to make them appeal to players.

And just to throw this out there, I was considering adding achievements/trophies to some of my games/works-in-progress for awhile now. Just hadn't gotten around to it.
Yes I know what game your talking about to. Which ever one comes out first. It does not mean that the other game copied it.

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 09-03-2010, 02:38 AM

Well, unbelievably warm reception aside, here's the first run of the trophies. At the moment, there are 13 trophies, but no trophy list or real way to see which trophies you've earned. Rest assured, that's coming. I want to make sure this works well and looks better first. So, test it out, do some cool stuff, try to earn all 13 trophies (yeah I added three. Couldn't resist.)

New stuff you'll want to know:
-Throw grenades with 'r.' Holding r will hold the grenade and letting it go will throw the grenade at whatever enemy is targeted. If there isn't one targeted, he throws it a set distance away. Press r again while the grenade is in mid-air to detonate it prematurely. Careful, it will blow you up as well if you are too close to the explosion.

-Press 0 at any time to save your game.

-To load your saved game (only one file at the moment), restart first, then press 'L.'

- To have the game to load as soon as it starts when you hit re-start, set the auto-load variable at the very bottom of the world's variable list to true.

-Be careful not to try and load when you've never saved before, as it'll cause a world-stopping error.

-You should be able to save and load nearly all relevant game data, including weapons and abilities unlocked, trophies earned, current level, and even the selected camera angle and active weapon!

-Class changing is enabled, though most of them don't work. Right now, bomber is selected by default to enable grenades, though you can change to blaster to get the freeze time power. None of the other powers work properly, though. Also on the list of things to come.

-You should only be able to earn each trophy once. Any more than that and it's a glitch.

-If you beat the game, but want to keep your stats and restart, save after "you win" is displayed on the screen, restart, then load. Note, this only works after you've beaten the game. You cannot keep your stats on a new game that you've only beaten a few levels of.

Here's a list of the names of the 13 trophies. That should at least give you a small hint as to how to earn them.
+Penguin Power
+Armed and Ready
+The Harder They Explode
+As the World Turns
+Trusty
+Stick to Your Guns
+Permanent Resident
+Benjamin Franklin
+Deep Pockets
+Blackjack
+So Worth It
+With One Stone
+Cease Fire

Go ahead and post about what you think of it, how it can be improved, what bugs you find, etc, but also post some shots of you earning those babies!

Have fun!

X
Attached Files
File Type: a2w RPTrophies.a2w (10.80 MB, 175 views)

Last edited by x2495iiii; 09-04-2010 at 01:47 AM.

Old
jediaction

Default 09-03-2010, 07:53 AM

Im surprised Alice could take something this big. Good job X. This is good and the other game that will have achievements....oh yah!

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 09-03-2010, 03:54 PM

Just want to let you know that this game does NOT work on Alice 2.0.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 09-03-2010, 08:32 PM

Yeah it does, since I made and tested the new content using 2.0, though the firing of certain guns will cause a world stopping, event-interruption error. And that's for BOTH versions.

EDIT: Updated version posted above. Error generated by firing automatic weapons fix'd. Trophy list button added (doesn't work yet). Slight glitch found by me during round 2 of testing (caused weapon to switch improperly when loading a saved game with a different weapon equipped) fix'd. Zombies slightly slower.

I did notice that my version of 2.2 stops when I load a saved game which has a weapon or upgrade purchased. Weird and annoying, but no doubt preventable in some tedious, workaround-type way. Just have to find the source of the error...

Last edited by x2495iiii; 09-04-2010 at 01:44 AM.

Trophies
Old
debussybunny563

Arrow Trophies - 09-04-2010, 02:23 PM

So far:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BenFranklin.jpg (11.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg SoWorthIt.jpg (8.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DeepPockets.jpg (15.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Trusty.jpg (27.1 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by debussybunny563; 12-21-2012 at 12:00 AM.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|Link to weapons collection: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7368 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have been dead for quite some time now; not much hope for resurrection.

Last edited by debussybunny563; 09-04-2010 at 06:51 PM.

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 09-04-2010, 05:55 PM

Here are my thoughts:

Trophies are HYESZ.

Grenades are HYESZ.

Classes are really unnecessary.

Saving/Loading is kinda unnecessary too, but oh well.

The biggest problem?

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG.

And lots of it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

Old
arty-fishL

Thumbs up 09-04-2010, 06:38 PM

lag????
nope, no lag.

Smooooooth

Also I got Benjamin Franklin so far after one play, got no idea what it was for though.

looking good so far.

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Old
arty-fishL

Question 09-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Can you please tell me what font you set these objects to:
in the ClassMenuGroup group - Change_, Classes!, Neutral, Remove Class?

I think they should be the same font.

Im asking cos it says the font is Dialog.plain (which looks like a java function to me) and the 3D text is too big so it overlaps the other text, so I think I might need to install whatever font you set it to. I dont know, but can you please tell me.

█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Tags
1 of my favs - from arty, 3.6, amazingly brilliant, angry penguin, awesome, bacon, coffee, eggs, epic win, food, game, games, magic beans, model, models, out dated, penguin, resident, shooter, theuperduper youtube, this is awesome isn't it, weapon, weapons, x2495jjjj