Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Old
JustasM

Default 02-28-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munky460 View Post
ive downloaded it, now how do i get it into alice?
Open it up with Alice.
Open up Alice, go to File -> Open, browse to this file, and select! That's all there is to it

Good luck!

Woot! I found a fellow Red vs BLue Fan! My favorite's caboose.
Old
cbb2296

Cool Woot! I found a fellow Red vs BLue Fan! My favorite's caboose. - 07-06-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
I did a quick search but came up with way too much data to sort through when I really don't know much about HALO. I do know it's the basis for the Red vs. Blue videos - some of the best machinima around.

If you have a specific model, I'd be glad to give it a try. Some of the ones I found were in .3ds format with textures - fairly straightforward to convert - but others were in formats that would probably require Milk Shape (or Blender?) to convert.
Im just lad you don't like Arby and the Chief more!

Old
taboo games

Default 08-07-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
- and Alice 2.0 doesn't support bones.
well, theoretically, you could make bones (just a stick figure would work.....) in alice, and set all the separate peices as vehicles to them, allowing you to move the entire arm with just the movement of the vehicle bone......

Fixed Master Chief
Old
Dameria

Default Fixed Master Chief - 09-23-2009, 08:21 PM

Hello, I am fairly new to Alice, but I took your skin of Master Chief and I basically organized it a LOT so that the individual parts of Master Chief can be moved seperately, as one body part.

For instance, I made all of the very small pieces of his helmet be vehicle to HEAD, so if you want to move his head, you just do move HEAD or turn HEAD. I clearly labeled each major body part as well.

However, I do not know how to add skeleton, so you will still not be able to just use Master Chief as any other person in Alice, you will have to add joints to him (the best way I can think of is making an item (I use goldfish), make it invisible and small, and place it at the joints, and then set vehicle to the body part you want.)

This model of Master Chief is a world, so you have to open this file as a world, not as an imported item. Once you open the world, you can choose Master Chief and save him as an individual person.

I really hope this helps you, I worked a good 2 hours on this =P Please tell me if it helps! (The other Master Chief skin was so disorganized, I just had to organize it myself, lol)
Attached Files
File Type: a2w MasterChief.a2w (1.21 MB, 95 views)

Old
dubastot

Default 09-23-2009, 08:40 PM

How did you make this object?

Old
Dameria

Default 09-24-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubastot View Post
How did you make this object?
I did not make this object, as I stated I took this object as a download from another user earlier in the post who referenced it to someone else. I merely organized it so that the parts were assigned together, and it would be a lot easier to do actions with.

New Methods for Master Chief
Old
Dameria

Default New Methods for Master Chief - 09-24-2009, 04:28 PM

I have added to my previous post, the skin of Master Chief, so now not only are the parts organized, but I have also added most of the joints and some basic movements to demonstrate how you can make Master Chief move.

Numbers 0-7 move parts of his body; F = First Person View; T = Third Person View; B = Backwards View; and Spacebar = jump (not just move up move down either, it moves his upper and lower legs, and then jumps up, and upon fall it moves legs also to show the kinetic energy of the fall.)

I hope this helps some of you understand how to make Master Chief move, and again, this is not my design, I just organized this skin and added methods and joints.

If you want me to add anything else on it, ask me and I will try to do it (next I am going to work on him pulling out a rocket launcher and firing it) Just ask me and I will try to do it for you.

Note: Once you save this file you have to open it as a world. If you only want Master Chief by himself, you have to open the world and select Master Chief from list of characters, right click, save as. Saving Master Chief will only save the actual skin (organized) and the jump command, nothing else. The jump method will be there also, but it will not work because the joints I created will not be transfered with Master Chief when importing to your own map.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w MasterChief.a2w (1.49 MB, 73 views)

Old
Dameria

Default 10-07-2009, 03:36 PM

Please tell me what you think about it? I would like there to be a 30th comment on here before I put in my last MasterChief.a2w, because I want it to be on its own page, so people know it is the latest version of it.

On the new one, I have added a real working rocket launcher and spartan laser, and a button for both equipping and unequipping each weapon.

EDIT: The sooner the post fills up to the thirtieth one, the sooner I will release my newest version of MasterChief.

Old
DlordX

Default 11-05-2009, 08:57 PM

Thanks a lot i've tested it and it works just fine

congratz

Old
Dameria

Default 11-06-2009, 01:30 PM

Ok, now that someone has made the 30th post, I will make the 31st, here is my new version of Master Chief:

Look at the events bar to see what you can press to do certain things. I haven't worked on this for a while, but I believe you can shoot rockets, fire the spartan laser, etc... Tell me what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w MasterChief.a2w (4.84 MB, 81 views)