Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Make an object show up later in the scene?
Old
mahearn88

Exclamation Make an object show up later in the scene? - 02-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Example:
I want to have a penguin talking to himself in the beginning of the scene, and then have a Bunny come into the scene and ask him why he is talking to himself. Right now I do not know how to make it so that the bunny and the penguin don't both show up right at the beginning. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I think it is an easy fix but I just am not familiar enough yet.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-09-2010, 02:45 AM

It depends on what you want. It sounds like you want the bunny to move into the camera after the penguin is done talking to himself. In that case, you need to just click the bunny, drag him offscreen, then when the penguin is done talking, have the bunny turn to face the penguin and move a certain number of meters forward to get back onscreen.

If you really want him to appear out of nowhere, though, you need to click the bunny, then click the properties tab on the left side of the screen, then select opacity and change it to 0%. The bunny will now disappear. Now, drag the opacity property onto the method-drop area and it will become a "bunny set opacity to..." method. Move that method to after the penguin stops talking, then choose 100% for the opacity value it sets to. The bunny will now be invisible until the penguin stops talking, after which the bunny will appear.

Welcome to Alice, by the way!

(')>

Thank you! Opacity doesn't work with bunny though
Old
mahearn88

Post Thank you! Opacity doesn't work with bunny though - 02-09-2010, 09:19 AM

Thank you this helped out a lot. The opacity doesn't work with the bunny though but it worked with other animals and objects.

Tags
delay, object variable, show