Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Tic-Tac-Toe!
Old
Dameria

Talking Tic-Tac-Toe! - 12-07-2009, 02:53 PM

I got the idea from another user about 2 days ago to make a tic-tac-toe game, and I have just now finished it fully! I am very proud of this game I created because as far as I know there are no flaws. This includes no multiple wins, no playing after someone won, and so on. It even surprisingly works on both Alice 2.2 and Alice 2.0!

So here it is. I even have a few ideas for a Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 (hey that rhymes!), in which more things will be added.

Please tell me what you think about the game, tell me if there is anything I missed, or maybe some ideas for 2.0, thanks!

Download Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 below for the latest and best version.
I have taken the first version of Tic-Tac-Toe off because it has been getting more views than version 2.0 just because it is the first in the list. I do not want this to happen, so I have moved the version 1 download to the post where I originally introduced version 2.0, just in case you do want to download it.

If you do not understand how I programmed this, please see my explanation post here:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=56924
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0.a2w (844.4 KB, 1563 views)

Last edited by Dameria; 12-03-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-07-2009, 05:41 PM

Well Done! The only thing I could think of to add would be a cat's game notification. Good stuff!

(')>

Old
Dameria

Default 12-07-2009, 05:51 PM

Thanks! But whats a cat's game notification?

I was thinking of adding these things into Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0:
  • An option at the end to play the game again, where it would reset everything back to default places and you could play again.
  • A scoring board telling which player has how many wins.
  • A box showing who's turn it is.
  • A method that would run at the start of every new game randomly picking the first player to start (and the players would know who is first from the "Player's Turn" box).
  • The colors of the X's or O's that the person won by will flash from red to black.

Do you think this is good so far? Should I make more things to add in, or should I just take out one of my ideas that I am planning to put in?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-07-2009, 06:31 PM

A cat's game is a tie, where nobody wins.

And those ideas sound great, go ahead and add them all.

(')>

Progress
Old
Dameria

Default Progress - 12-09-2009, 10:39 AM

Over the next week or so I am going to be working on Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0. I will be posting my progress here and I will edit this post whenever I finish a certain part of the game. Here is the progress on the game:
  • A cat's game (tie) message. DONE
  • An option at the end to play the game again, where it would reset everything back to default places and you could play again. DONE
  • A scoring board telling which player has how many wins. DONE
  • A box showing who's turn it is. DONE
  • A method that would run at the start of every new game randomly picking the first player to start (and the players would know who is first from the "Player's Turn" box). DONE
  • The colors of the X's or O's that the person won by will flash from red to black. DONE
  • An option to enter the names of the people playing the game that would appear on the scoreboard. DONE

When I am done with everything, I will post Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0. Until then feel free to download version 1 and try it. If you have any more ideas for version 2.0 or comments please reply to this thread. Thanks

Last edited by Dameria; 12-21-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Old
Dameria

Default 12-09-2009, 03:43 PM

After working for about 5 hours today on this, I have finally created Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0!!! It has all of the add-ins listed in the above post, and I really hope that you enjoy it.

PLEASE tell me what you think by leaving a comment, I have worked very hard on this game, and although it was challenging at some times, I eventually got it all to work.

The only real thing that I want to change but cannot, is the number of wins text. When you get a win, instead of displaying "1", it displays "1.0", and so on. I cannot find how to turn this variable into an integer instead of a double. Other than that, everything else should work great. Tell me what you think!

I will also provide the version 1 here for whoever wants to see it, but if you are just looking to play the game version 2 is much better.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0.a2w (844.4 KB, 192 views)
File Type: a2w Tic-Tac-Toe.a2w (408.8 KB, 138 views)

Last edited by Dameria; 12-13-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-09-2009, 05:32 PM

At the moment, it's impossible, unless you use a nested if/else if statement for each number and set the text directly to each number instead of the variable as a string (not worth it, in my opinion).

Nice job on the game! The work you put into it shows, good stuff!

(')>

Old
Dameria

Default 12-09-2009, 06:03 PM

Thanks, I tried to make it as fun as possible, and I learned a lot while making some of my methods, and also used what I have learned to perfect them and make them run to the best of their ability.

Old
rockstar442

Default 12-09-2009, 06:07 PM

hey i enjoyed it

Old
dubastot

Default 12-09-2009, 06:10 PM

Another incredible world by Dameria. Suddenly I feel like I haven't made anything good for quite a while (probably because of school).

Last edited by dubastot; 06-02-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Tags
fun, game, tac, tic, toe