Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

AlicePac - pac-man for alice
Old
jerry533482

Lightbulb AlicePac - pac-man for alice - 11-13-2010, 11:08 PM

Hello..I'm new here. So anyway what I'm trying to do is simple (not really): create a pac-man clone for Alice. I'm sure this has been attempted, but I haven't seen any results published.

So I'm using a step-by step approach, e.g. I'll fix one thing then plan the next, then once I have a decent base I'll get an idea for a v1.0. So I have created a billboard in Paint.NET and imported it into Alice, and I have pacman (both are situated on the ground). That's pretty much it for now. So my first goal is keeping pacman in the maze and moving him around. So can I keep using the billboard, or will I need physical walls for the ff maze? Can I just use invisible boxes? Is there a way to do this without over complicating it? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Old
jerry533482

Default 11-17-2010, 01:51 AM

No ideas anyone?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-17-2010, 02:04 AM

I thought Dameria had already answered a pac-man like question...

In any case, here's his maze example:

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

which shows how he was able to make a maze with collision detection-y walls. Notice he used squares in front of the physical walls, so you don't need physical walls for his system to work, just transparent squares (like you wanted).

Any questions you may have would be best answered by him, but if he doesn't see this, I can give it a college try.

Old
jerry533482

Default 11-17-2010, 09:52 AM

Yes, I have tried that, but what I'm trying to do is: if you move the cursor left, pacman moves left. If you move it right, pacman moves right; e.g. you don't have to maneuver pacman within maze walls, you just steer in 4 directions. Do you see what I'm trying to get at?

Pacman for Alice
Old
CodyAM1993

Default Pacman for Alice - 12-16-2010, 08:58 PM

I created Pacman for my final project in school. Check it out! This Alice World can only be opened in Alice 2.2 (9/10/2010 Rev.) or later versions of Alice. This project could give you some good ideas of how to program your world if you are also trying to clone the Pacman game.
Attached Files
File Type: a2w Pacman Final Game.a2w (2.52 MB, 131 views)

Mad props to you
Old
tsmalls3

Default Mad props to you - 02-15-2011, 07:50 PM

that must have taken a very long time
mad props

it was very glitchy on my computer, the pacman would only jump instead of move fluidly

but everything is there, crazy

Old
David B

Default 02-16-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyAM1993 View Post
I created Pacman for my final project in school. Check it out! This Alice World can only be opened in Alice 2.2 (9/10/2010 Rev.) or later versions of Alice. This project could give you some good ideas of how to program your world if you are also trying to clone the Pacman game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmalls3 View Post
that must have taken a very long time
mad props

it was very glitchy on my computer, the pacman would only jump instead of move fluidly

but everything is there, crazy
I tried Cody's program a while ago, but Alice would throw an error when I tried to open it.

Old
Mortgage FL

Default 08-23-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
I thought Dameria had already answered a pac-man like question...

In any case, here's his maze example:

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

which shows how he was able to make a maze with collision detection-y walls. Notice he used squares in front of the physical walls, so you don't need physical walls for his system to work, just transparent squares (like you wanted).

Any questions you may have would be best answered by him, but if he doesn't see this, I can give it a college try.
Very useful thread. I found some good information and codes. can I use it for my games too? really thanks for sharing this.

http://allaboutweightloss.org/weight-loss-diet/no-white-diet

Last edited by Mortgage FL; 09-01-2011 at 10:43 PM.