Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Thank you! It works...
Old
Gershon Ballas

Default Thank you! It works... - 03-18-2010, 03:22 PM

Just one question... Is there a way to add a restart button to it? I really need to have the restart button.

Thank you.

Can't get this to work
Old
mr.lewis.whs

Unhappy Can't get this to work - 04-08-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe View Post
OK. Dennis is ahead of us, as usual. This functionality is built into Alice. Here's how to run your world without having to start up Alice:

1. Download the attached zip file
2. Extract "player.bat" into the "required" directory of Alice
3. Double-click player.bat. An open world dialog box will appear
4. Navigate to your world and select it

Please let me know if this works/doesn't work for you.
I can't get this to work on my school issued PC. I have administrative rights, but I didn't set everything up on this computer, so sometimes I have weird issues. When I double click the .bat file a dos window appears for half a second with some text then disappears.

I ran it from an already open cmd window and got this output (paths are shortened for readability):

\Alice 2.2\Required>player.bat

\Alice 2.2\Required>PATH=.\jre1.3.1_10_win32\bin;.\jre1.3 .1_10_win32\bin\hotspot

\Alice 2.2\Required>java -hotspot -Xincgc -Xmx512m -XX:+ForceTimeHighResolution -classpath lib/alice.jar;externalLib\jython.jar;optionalPackagesL ib\customizer.jar;optionalPackagesLib\jmf.jar;opti onalPackagesLib\mediaplayer.jar;optionalPackagesLi b\multiplayer.jar;optionalPackagesLib\sound.jar;op tionalPackagesLib\resolver.jar;optionalPackagesLib \xercesImpl.jar;optionalPackagesLib\xml-apis.jar;optionalPackagesLib\xmlParserAPIs.jar;opt ionalPackagesLib\vecmath.jar -Dpython.home=jython-
2.1 -Djava.library.path=lib/win32;externalLib/win32;optionalPackagesLib/win32 edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.player.DefaultPlayer
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

\Alice 2.2\Required>

Old
jediaction

Default 04-08-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe View Post
OK. Dennis is ahead of us, as usual. This functionality is built into Alice. Here's how to run your world without having to start up Alice:

1. Download the attached zip file
2. Extract "player.bat" into the "required" directory of Alice
3. Double-click player.bat. An open world dialog box will appear
4. Navigate to your world and select it

Please let me know if this works/doesn't work for you.
Didnt work for me, it opened and closed before anything happened

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
bjia56

Default 04-13-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
Didnt work for me, it opened and closed before anything happened
Same here

Old
the gaate

Default 11-09-2010, 08:52 PM

I am disapointed this thread ended. I would really love to be able to use this program but it just flashes for me. Maybe this bump will help things?

Problem?
Old
haven812

Lightbulb Problem? - 11-16-2010, 07:13 PM

I found that the player.bat runs fine on Alice 2.0, but on Alice 2.2 the window just flashes like these previous complaints have mentioned. I am not sure if this is an easy fix or not, but it would be worth looking into.

Success on 2.2!
Old
mr.lewis.whs

Default Success on 2.2! - 02-17-2011, 11:07 AM

Maybe this thread is just deader than dead, but if not I've solved user player.bat on Alice 2.2. Apparently they changed a directory name for Alice 2.2 and it messed up the .bat. I just opened the batch file and changed the 2 spots in the file that reference "jre1.3.1_10_win32" to "jre" to match a likely directory in the Required folder. Now the batch file works as advertised previously in this thread.

I've attached the updated file. This player will work only for Alice 2.2 as far as I can tell.

Attached Files
File Type: zip player.zip (395 Bytes, 16 views)

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-17-2011, 11:17 AM

Thank you very much.

player error
Old
jnawrocki

Default player error - 02-17-2011, 05:46 PM

I used the new player file created by Mr. Lewis.; exracted it; and put it in the Required folder, but the following messages appear (see below) and no open file dialog box appears. The only hotspot files I can find are in the Client and Server folders (inside the bin folder) Thanks

C:\Alice 2_2Sept\Alice 2.2\Required>PATH=.\jre\bin;.\jre\bin\hotspot

C:\Alice2_2Sept\Alice 2.2\Required>java -hotspot -Xincgc -Xmx512n -XX:+ForceTimeHighResolution -classpath lib/alice.jar;externalLib\jython.jar;optionalPackagesL ib\customizer.jar;optionalPackagesLib\jmf.jar;opti onalPackagesLib\mediaplayer.jar;optionalPackagesLi b\multiplayer.jar;optionalPackagesLib\sound.jar;op tionalPackagesLib\resolver.jar;optionalPackagesLib \xercesImpl.jar;optionalPackagesLib\xmlapis.jar;op tionalPackagesLib\xmlParserAPIs.jar;optionalPackag esLib\vecmath.jar -Dpython.home=jython-2.1 -Djava.library.path=lib/win32;externalLib/win32;optionalPackagesLib/win32 edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.player.DefaultPlayer