Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Worlds

Rp4
Old
arty-fishL

Arrow Rp4 - 11-30-2010, 06:18 PM

Hhhmmm, lucky I saved them then, just in case they were to "break" .

Looking forward to it though, post it soon before your post count completely dies and I die of anticipation, but not too soon or it wont be as good as I know you can make it.

█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░█
█░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓░░░░░░▓▒▒░░▒░░▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▒░░░█
█░▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒░▓▒▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓░▓▓▓░░▓░░░▓▒▒▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░▓▓░░▒▓▒░▒▒▒░▓▒▒░▓▓░▓▓▒░▓▒▓▒▓▒░░░█
█░▓▒▓▒░▒░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▒░░░░▓▓▒░░░▒▒░▒▒░░▒░▒▓▓▓░░█
█░░▒░▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

I have mostly moved on from Alice, but may still respond to messages if important [¬º-°]¬

Old
reaper1395

Default 12-02-2010, 01:40 PM

the only thing that i have found that doesnt work for me is the class'.

and its easy to get really far with just the pistol w/o any upgrades or anything. you just go in and change the time between the shots so its like the mp5...

Old
dubastot

Default 12-03-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
HA, I caught you before you changed your post count and im claiming this as some sort of achievement.

X says: Well it's better than editing other people's posts, don't you think?

Also, I find myself wondering how long that image can stay up, what with links being so fragile and breaking all the time (nudge nudge)
X can be very tricky, it appears he edited your post.

I'm a web developer/ designer now.

Old
Painkiller

Default 12-04-2010, 09:34 PM

Can I ask you how to write method or function to check the target that you aim? THanks.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 12-05-2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty-fishL View Post
Hhhmmm, lucky I saved them then, just in case they were to "break" .

Looking forward to it though, post it soon before your post count completely dies and I die of anticipation, but not too soon or it wont be as good as I know you can make it.
Thanks for your patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper1395 View Post
the only thing that i have found that doesnt work for me is the class'.

and its easy to get really far with just the pistol w/o any upgrades or anything. you just go in and change the time between the shots so its like the mp5...
Yes the class menu isn't complete. Also, I don't think I'll be implementing more than one ability per class for the first build of RP4. There's a possibility of different weapons for each class, though I'm trying to keep this build as compact as possible both to boost speed and to rush development so that you can actually play something sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubastot View Post
X can be very tricky, it appears he edited your post.
*Ahem* No comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkiller View Post
Can I ask you how to write method or function to check the target that you aim? THanks.
Sent in a PM. Enjoy. Also, I;ve been thinking of imporving the targeting system to possibly streamline the code even further (a lot of my effort has been devoted to streamlining thus far).

As for development, classes are over soon, which mean precious, precious free time! Yay!

Also, question to everyone who isn't jediaction: do you want developer's notes and updates and such as the game progresses? I personally enjoy making note of progress as I go along, as it kind of validates my effor,. but if it bores you to tears to read about such things, or if you prefer to be suprised entirely, I can always keep it quiet until its finished.

For the moment here's the game plan:

Done:
+New pause menu features
-All billboards (saves polygons)
-Interchangeable theme support (textures are super easy to swap, as opposed to physical models)
-Modulus based number counter for points, kos, and accuracy (it's slow, however, so it doesn't lend itself to mid-gameplay changes, still working on that)
-Preview-based purchase menu with controls and descriptions

+Entirely new zombie death method streamlined to a single method instead of one per zombie
+All mouse-click based events condensed into one single click check event

In Progress:
+New ability (either gunner or marksman, haven't decided). Allows point and click shooting and accuracy based damage (headshots, people).

To do:
+Everything else

Old
jediaction

Default 12-05-2010, 12:08 PM

ok um...is it posted?

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
SirThorfinn

Default 12-05-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Thanks for your patience.

Yes the class menu isn't complete. Also, I don't think I'll be implementing more than one ability per class for the first build of RP4. There's a possibility of different weapons for each class, though I'm trying to keep this build as compact as possible both to boost speed and to rush development so that you can actually play something sometime soon.

*Ahem* No comment.

Sent in a PM. Enjoy. Also, I;ve been thinking of imporving the targeting system to possibly streamline the code even further (a lot of my effort has been devoted to streamlining thus far).

As for development, classes are over soon, which mean precious, precious free time! Yay!

Also, question to everyone who isn't jediaction: do you want developer's notes and updates and such as the game progresses? I personally enjoy making note of progress as I go along, as it kind of validates my effor,. but if it bores you to tears to read about such things, or if you prefer to be suprised entirely, I can always keep it quiet until its finished.

For the moment here's the game plan:

Done:
+New pause menu features
-All billboards (saves polygons)
-Interchangeable theme support (textures are super easy to swap, as opposed to physical models)
-Modulus based number counter for points, kos, and accuracy (it's slow, however, so it doesn't lend itself to mid-gameplay changes, still working on that)
-Preview-based purchase menu with controls and descriptions

+Entirely new zombie death method streamlined to a single method instead of one per zombie
+All mouse-click based events condensed into one single click check event

In Progress:
+New ability (either gunner or marksman, haven't decided). Allows point and click shooting and accuracy based damage (headshots, people).

To do:
+Everything else
wow that looks great

/|..__________________/\_
/ `---___________----_____|]-------<BLAM>------>
/_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
), ---.(_(__) /
// (..) ), ----"
//___//
//___//

<Youtube Page> (Not much there but maybe something you'll like) http://www.youtube.com/user/SirThorfinn?feature=mhum
<Xbox Live Gamertag> SirThorfinn

-----Friend of Thor-------------------------------------------
-----Spartans NEVER Die------------------------------------
All most anything on SirThorfinn is me... Almost.

Old
DensetsuNoKaboom

Default 12-05-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Still chugging along. Just finished the shop setup and working on integrating the new power indicators (thanks to flats and arty for their discussion on ieee remainder mathy stuff, very helpful for determining single characters of multi-digit numbers). Seconds ago finished the new bullet time meter (see below). It disappears as your bullet time power runs out.

Question for DNK: How dark would you want the secondary theme to be? Like bloody handprints dark or grungy and scratchy dark?

Update: Finished the first concept for the dark theme.
That stuff you posted looks fairly cool.

If you're making alternate themes and stuff, do you think it'll be possible to make the original theme in billboard form?

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

amazinggg
Old
insomnia8

Default amazinggg - 02-01-2011, 11:22 AM

My 10th grade class, ICS20, are in love with ur game. ITS F****** AMAZING

Last edited by x2495iiii; 02-01-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Old
Dameria

Default 02-01-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnia8 View Post
My 10th grade class, ICS20, are in love with ur game. ITS F****** AMAZING
There are going to be a lot of people in the next few hours quoting the forum rules to you, you might as well edit your post and take out the swear, just a heads up ^.^

EDIT: K I guess x2495iiii changed it for you, thank you. Super Moderator to the rescue!

Check out my best projects so far and please comment:

Tic-Tac-Toe 2.0 ................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3548
Alice Paint ........................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=23408
Real-Time Clock .................. http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=12725
Maze Game ......................... http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4301

Last edited by Dameria; 02-01-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Tags
1 of my favs - from arty, 3.6, amazingly brilliant, angry penguin, awesome, bacon, coffee, eggs, epic win, food, game, games, magic beans, model, models, out dated, penguin, resident, shooter, theuperduper youtube, this is awesome isn't it, weapon, weapons, x2495jjjj