Old
jediaction

Default 07-21-2011, 09:39 PM

Exactly!

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
Crusader

Default 07-23-2011, 07:07 AM

I suggest that since the most recent version of this is unplayable, you find out what is wrong with it, fix it, and release it.

Old
Nighthawk0973

Default 07-23-2011, 10:18 PM

The reason it is unplayable is because mouselook scripts, while they might be possible, don't work well in alice. Therefore he'd have to re-do the control scheme for the aiming, which could turn out REALLY bad since he relies on perfect aiming in his FPS games, which my game, relies on arrow keys for turning, making aiming more difficult, therefore you don't have to make things perfect. Also, he's revamping his system for Halo 2.

It's definately not easy to make a game in Alice, especially not your typical student-made FPS where the 'Revolver' object is in the middle and you use the arrow keys to move and space to shoot.

Old
jediaction

Default 07-24-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I suggest that since the most recent version of this is unplayable, you find out what is wrong with it, fix it, and release it.
I will not say it again. The game is playable. It is your computer. Many members have played the game fine. Either upgrade your computer, or wait for HALO 2...I can't fix anything, because there is nothing to fix.

Old
Crusader

Default 07-26-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk0973 View Post
The reason it is unplayable is because mouselook scripts, while they might be possible, don't work well in alice. Therefore he'd have to re-do the control scheme for the aiming, which could turn out REALLY bad since he relies on perfect aiming in his FPS games, which my game, relies on arrow keys for turning, making aiming more difficult, therefore you don't have to make things perfect. Also, he's revamping his system for Halo 2.

It's definately not easy to make a game in Alice, especially not your typical student-made FPS where the 'Revolver' object is in the middle and you use the arrow keys to move and space to shoot.
I see, so it would be like Doom, or if you're just playing a Call of Duty game with you always aiming down the sights, something like that.

Old
Crusader

Default 07-26-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediaction View Post
I will not say it again. The game is playable. It is your computer. Many members have played the game fine. Either upgrade your computer, or wait for HALO 2...I can't fix anything, because there is nothing to fix.
Sorry. Well, I admit, I'm using a laptop, which, of course, is not recommended for a game this big. You might say that I learned that the hard way, since the framerate would often take a nosedive. But hey, that doesn't mean I can't use this to listen to the epic soundtrack, though I generally avoid the track "Finish the Fight" because I swear I heard birds chirping and a dog barking in that. Let me guess... you recorded it off your speakers, as well as the original Halo theme by putting a microphone up to it, right?

Old
jediaction

Default 07-26-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
Sorry. Well, I admit, I'm using a laptop, which, of course, is not recommended for a game this big. You might say that I learned that the hard way, since the framerate would often take a nosedive. But hey, that doesn't mean I can't use this to listen to the epic soundtrack, though I generally avoid the track "Finish the Fight" because I swear I heard birds chirping and a dog barking in that. Let me guess... you recorded it off your speakers, as well as the original Halo theme by putting a microphone up to it, right?
Yah, thats probably my dog, but I dont do that anymore. Old times...lol

Old
Nighthawk0973

Default 07-27-2011, 01:09 PM

it did say 'gameplay optimized for desktop' on the bottom

Old
zero00

Default 07-27-2011, 02:07 PM

If it means anything, I played the game on a gaming laptop, but it still lagged. Does it matter what operating system I'm using? (Mine is Windows 7 Home Premium)

==============Some of my Games and Ideas===========

Sky Warrior: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6291
Health Bars: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=36968#post36968
Sky Warrior: Dual Force: http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7174

Want to make your own space game? http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6389

Old
jediaction

Default 07-27-2011, 03:54 PM

It works for some people to. Sorry, but there is nothing I can do. Just wait for Halo 2. It should be better. That is no reason for something in a review. Lagginess is your computer, not the game.

Tags
amazing, awesome, best game, fps, great music, halo, homemade, lag ftw, need work, sweet, x2495jjjj