Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Share Objects

Simple moving car and obstacles.
Old
calmart

Default Simple moving car and obstacles. - 09-26-2010, 09:00 PM

Ya know, its a little intimidating here given some of the work I see put out! But theres always room for simple bits of code. I'm using 2.0 (gives me less trouble) so I hope they work for everyone.

carAdvanced is the simple car with built in movement methods. They can be tied to keys, object controls, etc. The forward-reverse motion has a slight accleration/deceleration to it.

biplaneObstacle were made for the car to avoid. There are three preset flight patterns. 1 is to circle a target while rolling. 2 makes a sort of clover motion. 3 makes a cross shaped pattern but 20% of the time will fly straight at a target (you!). I think I have all the parameters and such in place. All three patterns work out to the same timeframe in case there are multiple planes at once.

Made for a game over on shared worlds

Driving is fun (I ran out of time but was going to add a slight roll to the turn, maybe some smoke when you take off), but I think I'd rather try a space flight sim net (old x-wing/tie fighter fan!) as I don't have to worry so much about my planes accidentaly plunging into the ground.

Thanks!
CS
Attached Files
File Type: a2c carAdvanced.a2c (31.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: a2c biplaneObstacle.a2c (69.9 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by calmart; 09-26-2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Forgot attachments!

Tags
car, model, plane