Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > General Discussion > Questions and Comments

Closed Thread

Old
Nephtysis

Default 04-23-2010, 07:01 PM

Indeed, and most of the etiquette is based on certain morals and manners, which somehow trickles away from our civilization. Such a shame..

Old
King Gamer(gorit)

Default 04-23-2010, 09:50 PM

Um, are you calling me what is wrong with the youth. I get good grades, have been told I could do anything I want by my vice principal and he wasn't B.S'ing. I can tell you what is wrong with the youth. We have an entitlement Idea that has been formed by the corrupt politicians(both republican, but mostly democrat). The youth is also screwed over by the current idea in schols to punish the entire school not the trouble makers.
P.S. I could go on about this forever.

Old
jediaction

Default 04-24-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gamer(gorit) View Post
you kidding, I am turning 13 tommarow and me and my freinds swear all the time.
Swearing is bad. I dont use bad language or swear

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 04-24-2010, 02:47 PM

I personally just think swearing's unprofessional. It shows you can't express your discomfort in a way which includes coherent thought or consideration for others.

And in the case of people under 18 swearing, they're either trying to act as grownup as possible by mimicking the adult parts of the world around them, or they're trying to fit in and be accepted because their friends are doing it. Pretty dumb, if you think about it.

(')>

Old
bjia56

Default 04-26-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoteck View Post
Well boys...whats the verdict?...Am I on da money?....or am I out to lunch?

You boys offered that user ZERO HELP...I did...your failing in the Alice Community because you team up against users you don't like or care to help...degrade the poster into submission with your foolish nonsense that achieves nothing exceptional to the works of years of programming folks have put into this program...

As far as I concerned...your foolish kids with a free toy to ride...and if ya don't like my demeanor remove me from this site...I dare ya to kick me out!

The Boss!
I agree with this.

As for our good friend LuisN's question, I really have no answer...

Old
bjia56

Default 04-27-2010, 03:31 PM

You can also go into task manager and place Alice in above normal priority, but I don't suggest this. Do it if you have everything closed and it still runs slowly.

Wait, does this have anything to do with Luis's question?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 04-28-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Well boys...what's the verdict?...Am I on the money?....or am I out to lunch?

You boys offered that user ZERO HELP...I did...your failing in the Alice Community because you team up against users you don't like or care to help...degrade the poster into submission with your foolish nonsense that achieves nothing exceptional to the works of years of programming folks have put into this program...

As far as I'm concerned...you're foolish kids with a free toy to ride...and if you don't like my demeanor remove me from this site...I dare you to kick me out!

The Boss!
Ah, so here we see the side of autoteck that sympathized with lanceA. So, you think we're being childish and ganging up on a helpless user, eh? Let's analyze that:

1. It's clear to any competent person that the first post is about 80% rant and 20% request for help. The user even calls himself "immature" for posting it.

2. The bit that was a request for help was almost completely unreasonable. As Nephtysis said, most computers have video cards built into them. My guess is his computer is either super old or an economy-based model.

3. The post had swearing in it. As rare as that is on the forums, he's lucky I didn't delete it right off the bat.

4. I was the first to reply and provided an everyman solution (anyone can go use library computers), while you (somewhat haughtily) provided a technical solution which most wouldn't be able to understand readily.

5. Re-read the last posts and you'll see that the other users for the most part weren't talking to or about him, but about the concept of swearing in general, and that was after it became apparent that he wasn't interested in any replies we had to offer.

So, in order to believe that the user was sincerely in need of assistance we could offer and that we were being childish and mobbing him, you'd have to be incompetent, naive, AND ignorant. I've been wrong about this before, but I'm guessing you're not any of these things, so I'll assume that post of yours was the result of a momentary relapse in judgement.

As for daring me to ban you, I feel it's a waste of time, effort, and electricity to respond to a knockoff of a person whose standards as an educator were so compromised that he felt the need to start fights with people the same age as his students. If you continue, I'll just add you to my ignore list. If you become disruptive, I'll have grounds to ban you. Simple as that.

By the way, I proofread your post. Just something us helpful people do.

X

(')>

Old
jediaction

Default 04-28-2010, 09:39 AM

To X: All i have to say it, good point!!

To autoteck: Dont turn out like Lance, He probably made an account already and is secretly reading these posts and acting like hes a new guy. It could be Alicemaster3.0(no effense, im just saying). Does anyone agree

Old
jediaction

Default 04-28-2010, 01:37 PM

Ed, i am tied of your comments and i want you banned, OR STOP IT. X SAY SOMETHING!

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 04-28-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah X ...Reply to my post..
Everyone step back. This one's about to get shot down and you know what they say, the bigger the ego, the harder they fall (I'd put an ellipsis here, but autoteck has overused them to the point that it's practically meaningless now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisN View Post
Shut Up Luis Stop Acting So Immature~ ;_; )
-LuisN
This is something he (Luis) posted himself. The screenshots below spell it out nice and simple.

Click the compare versions button and you get to see this:

If you seriously can't understand how this works, the red stuff's the original post, and the green stuff's the post after I edited it. As you can see, he swore twice, and he said himself he was being immature (indicating to most competent people that, hey, maybe this particular post is more of a rant than a request for help).

So there's one way you're completely wrong.

To recap:

Quote:
Lets see the ip address numbers for this guy...lets see what he wrote before it was taken out...you can pm me on it..

As far as I can tell...his post asks for help...i never seen what you boys alleged he said...never seen that...
You have now. Moving on.

Quote:
i would presume this site has filters for such words...does it X? Whats the deal why you don't use the filtering program?
As super as I am, I'm still just a moderator. Only the administrator can make changes to the actual site itself, including the application or activation of word filters. Again, something I'd expect most people to know, partly from common sense, and partly from the fact that I've said it before. Pay attention next time.

So there's another bit o' brilliance from autoteck. Shall we continue?

Quote:
Are you boys saying this poster is not telling the truth..?...Are you saying that the poster was lanceA?...Lets do a ip comparison check...surely this site has the capability to do so..
I challenge you to find an example of me suggesting that this poster is someone else. Good luck to you.

Next.

Quote:
Maybe it was me...did ya give any thought to that?...Naw...you know it wasn't me because you have my ip address...now don't cha..
Cute. You're looking younger by the second (and by younger, I mean less mature). Careful, I'm pretty sure you have to be at least 20-something to be a teacher (but then, you'd have to be a real teacher to be worried about that, now wouldn't you?)

This is fun.

Quote:
Jim was (is) really hot with me when I posted this site has become a circus
If you think it's a circus, and you're participating, that just makes you another clown.

Honk honk!

Quote:
...nothing here is being accomplished...if so lets see the progress...
I'd say a lot is being accomplished on the Alice 2.2 front (several games, many of them full-size, a new version of Alice, scripting capability, etc.), but then I've been paying attention to what's been happening around me.

Quote:
I have a objective here...and the objective is get stuff done...Whats the deal with Alice 3.0?...Does she still have hundreds of directory's..? Whats this net bean deal?...A few weeks ago i stumbled upon a web site and checked out the forums...Guess what I found out?...Someone was asking for help with netbeans...The poster wanted to have "Hello Word" in the program...This was the same person who posted here on this site.."Hello World"..
So let me get this straight. You're blaming me for:

a) not being a part of the Alice Team

b) not knowing how to work with a piece of unstable software

If I got this wrong, thank goodness. It somewhat disgusts me to think someone could be that shortsighted. If I'm right, then I blame you for not being made of cheese. See? I can be ridiculous too.

Quote:
When Alice 3.0 beta was released...i installed her...I came back here with relevant information..(pictures)...I said shes a hog on resources.... that most certainly offended Jim and others...I tell it like it is...
Seems odd to me that Jim would be offended at an objective comment on a piece of software that wasn't his creation. Odds are you're exaggerating or the comment wasn't so objective. Care to elaborate?

Quote:
So... ever since I posted my information on Alice 3.0 beta...my posts and uploaded worlds have taken a hit by spam...useless feedback...feedback that distracts the post...the same kind of feedback this new poster received..
The posts I remember you making seemed successful and relevant to me. For example, your NASA GPS Over Cape Canaveral thread was very successful and generated lots of praise and interest in your class' works. If you're bothered by a student asking about how your students were able to accomplish a certain programming task and don't even have the patience to help him until he understands, then you're not a real teacher.

Quote:
You guys have a war going on in here
Who's being violent now?

Quote:
...and the result will lead to zero accomplishments...let me rephrase that....you have accomplished zip...nada...zilch...nothing...
And you've accomplished so much more? See previous response to this, o' master of selective perception.

Quote:
My information is correct amoungo....comprende essay? I have provide you with good sound advice...only to find out...your kids...you like ganging up on someone you don't like...gang up on me...
Your technical information: Yes.

Your information regarding the more basic points of human interaction: Wrong-amungo.

Who's ganging up on you? You've had all of three people reply to you: Me, Bija, and Jedi. Bija agreed with you and jedi says lots of silly things (as a teacher, you're supposed to softly correct him), leaving me as the only person in your imaginary mob.

Quote:
When someone asks for help...especially someone new...don't mock the person...if you don't know the answer...then direct them to the Microsoft site...
Brilliant advice, since we all know there's a Microsoft site for problems regarding Alice. It's the site that gives away free ponies and peanut brittle just for logging on!

Quote:
Most if not all your crashes...freeze ups...are caused by poor computer maintenance....shut down those programs....disable the auto protect in your virus software before you run Alice....
No, most if not all of the problems with Alice come from Alice itself. The Alice Team itself has acknowledged even 2.2 as a buggy release with lots of room for improvement. I'd trust them over you any day.

Quote:
This is crazy in here...you guys just don't get it....there's so many posts here with basically the same problems...issues...that never got the attention..... I'm addressing to you.....shut down programs..."Hello World"..

Ed
Here we are at the end, and what an end it is. It's like a robot's last monotonous words before his battery finally ran out. I'd give you a mulligan and let you restate it in plain English (and preferably ellipsis-free), but I'd rather end our interactions with this beautiful post. I mean look at all the fallacies I pointed out! You'd have to be an octopus to stick this many feet in your mouth! I've got to say, it's been fun, but this thread is now closed and you're now on my ignore list.

Spasibo!

(')>

Closed Thread

Tags
awesomesauceisawesome, cats, juju, luisn