Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 11-02-2009, 08:05 PM

Look, I'm really not sure what to do here. I've explained it three times, getting simpler each time, and you keep asking different questions each time saying you don't understand what I'm doing. The questions you're asking are those of someone who hasn't even looked at the textbook. You've got to understand how frustrating this is for me, as well as for you.

Quote:
I cannot even figure out where you got the tile that has "set value to" included in it or on it.
The "set value to" tile is found by dragging the variable onto the scripting area (that is in the textbook, page 281, very top of the page, in picture form even).

Look, I'm sorry for seeming impatient, but it takes effort on your part as well as mine to get this problem solved.

If you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them and help you in any way I can, alright?

(')>

Old
Eangarra

Default 11-21-2009, 03:30 PM

Your post was most helpful sir. I was just curious how to get the program to ask the user if they want to enter a second number to continue the program in a loop by asking the user "would you like to enter a second rank?" and if they do not to terminate the program but if they do to loop back to the questions again. Thanks for your help.

Old
Eangarra

Default 11-25-2009, 11:36 PM

I figured it out, thanks again for all your help. Figured it out actually right after my last post, just forgot to respond to myself.

Help
Old
kelmo

Default Help - 01-09-2010, 11:02 PM

I am working on the same Alice program and entering the ranks. I have also read everything but for some reason I can't get the program. I'm stuck can someone please create the world so that I can follow the steps it would be a great help. Thanks

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-10-2010, 01:24 AM

Unfortunately we can't create the world. There's a possibility people may copy it and claim it as their own for school credit, which would be plagiarism.

We can help to get you through it, though. How far along did you get on your own when you last tried to make the world? What specific part did you get stuck on?

(')>

Help
Old
kelmo

Default Help - 01-10-2010, 03:04 PM

I followed the directions that you advised the other user. I created the rank with all of the teams and numbers. But everytime I enter 1 it displays that the number is not valid. I have entered the following code (if either rank <1 or rank <12, or both.)

Old
jediaction

Default 01-11-2010, 07:53 AM

Well mabye you can try making again a list of strings and make when key is pressed or button is clicked do a different method. If thats what your looking for than great

But theteams can only go to 9

FaceBook: www.facebook.com/SalokinGames

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 01-11-2010, 10:53 PM

I think you looked at one of the past posters' attachments, jediaction, as kelmo hasn't attached anything yet.

Kelmo can you post what you have so far?

(')>

decrement
Old
LostInAlice

Default decrement - 01-23-2010, 08:58 PM

I'm working on this same assignment and having trouble in 2 places.
1) when my person says the name of the team for the rank requested, the name is actually the team next in the list. I know it has to do with the list beginning with 0 and I am asking the use to specify 1-12 but I don't know how to make 1=0.
2) If the user enters an invalid number I have the person saying this is invalid then asking if they want to enter another rank. If they say yes, I ask for the number but whenthe user enters a number the program stops rather than getting the rank.

I know I'm close... Any suggestions?

almost there
Old
LostInAlice

Default almost there - 01-23-2010, 09:10 PM

I got part 1 to work, now I just need to figure out how to get the person say method to run after the invalid number and entering a new number.