Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > Suggestion Box

Full Support In Linux
Old
MattM

Default Full Support In Linux - 09-29-2007, 06:27 PM

Personally I would like to see full support of the Linux implementation of Alice. Most of us, or at least me, use Linux on our main work computer, and would like to see support. I have seen at least at least few other people on the boards that use Linux. Personally I would like to see a Debian Installer Package but even an actively updated archive such as the one we have now would be much appreciated.

Old
Brian

Default 10-13-2007, 01:52 AM

I also use Linux primarily, I don't see a problem with the archive the way it is now, (I like having alice in ~/Applications/Alice anyway) I would just like to see the rendering engine more complete/portable. It seems both Mac and Linux users are having small problems such as missing bounding boxes or lack of opacity support. Both of these things are mentioned in the very first chapter of the book I have for class: "Starting Out With Alice" and could make some people think they are doing something wrong when they don't see the same results.