Alice Community  

Go Back   Alice Community > Alice 2 > How do I...?

Please Help????????????????????
Old
Leasy21

Default Please Help???????????????????? - 02-19-2010, 11:05 PM

Can someone explain to me how the decision statement work?
Can someone explain how parameters work please?

Project Requirements

Projects must have the following:

* Technical Requirements:
o Two or more interactions with the mouse and/or keyboard
o At least 3 methods
+ At least one generic method or other method that takes a parameter
o One or more decision statements
o At least one loop
o Objects of at least 3 different classes
+ At least one object instance with one or more properties altered
* Non-technical Requirements:
o Must tell a story of some sort
o Must have a beginning, a middle, and an end
o Run-time must be at least 30 seconds long
o Some form of "camera work" is evident, i.e., the camera is moved at least once in the world

Old
Niteshifter

Default 02-20-2010, 12:02 AM

This site wasn't designed for people to do the homework/school projects for others. I know this is something for school because it's exactly what I was assigned back when I was starting to learn Alice. You should try it yourself since I bet your instructor would like to mark your work and not the user(s) of this site.

Old
Leasy21

Default 02-20-2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteshifter View Post
This site wasn't designed for people to do the homework/school projects for others. I know this is something for school because it's exactly what I was assigned back when I was starting to learn Alice. You should try it yourself since I bet your instructor would like to mark your work and not the user(s) of this site.

no i not asking for someone to do my work. The two questions are on the top of thread. I posted the information so people can have a clear understanding of what I am trying to explain what I need help on? Just disregard the other information then.

Old
x2495iiii
Super Moderator

Default 02-20-2010, 10:03 AM

Decision statements...never heard that term before, but it could be referring to the "chooseTrue" function under the world's function's. Try dropping that into an if statement's conditional value.

Parameters are just variables that are specifically asked for by a method. Because of this, they can only be asked for by this method.

Click the Create Parameter button and make a parameter for a method of your choice, then call that method from wherever you like. You'll be asked to give the parameter a value, be it a number or another variable. That's the idea of a parameter: passing values from one method (the one calling it) and the other (the one being called and asking for it).

(')>

Old
Leasy21

Default 02-20-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2495iiii View Post
Decision statements...never heard that term before, but it could be referring to the "chooseTrue" function under the world's function's. Try dropping that into an if statement's conditional value.

Parameters are just variables that are specifically asked for by a method. Because of this, they can only be asked for by this method.

Click the Create Parameter button and make a parameter for a method of your choice, then call that method from wherever you like. You'll be asked to give the parameter a value, be it a number or another variable. That's the idea of a parameter: passing values from one method (the one calling it) and the other (the one being called and asking for it).
Thank you... I appreciate it.